The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help with Stam DK pve dps build

Apocalypse1981
Apocalypse1981
✭✭✭
Hello, im a new player who just got my dk up to vr16 and i am trying to improve my dps
I am stamina focused and use 2h and dual wield for dps, im also pve oriented.
Will you give me any advice as in what skills i shoukd use for aoe and which ones for single target?

I am also trying to figure out what gear i should wear since i barely even know what items there are out there.
Sorry to bother you all.

Thanks in advance
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Look @Alcast videos in yotube, stam dk builds.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Using two handed over bow is a dps loss, but it's doable. Stam dk played correctly can pull the highest dps in the game. It's all about stacking dots and being consistent in rotation. And using 2h doesn't give us anything we need and without bow we lose a couple important skills. Basically with the maelstrom daggers rapid strikes buffs the next dot used after it which works well with the dks class abilities. Skills like venomous claw, noxious breath, trap beast, caltrops, poison arrow, endless hail, rending slashes are what everyone is using. Use steel tornado for aoe. For gear night mothers gaze, hundings rage, or tbs are all good. Valkyn skoria, mephalas, or Kena are good options. Maelstrom weapons are really useful here but without them you'll still do high damage
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    bow and DW is definitely better, I used to DW and 2H. been loving the change ever since nice to have the range too. I use 5 hundings, 2 scoria, 3 agility 5+1+1 because I have undaunted 9. DW bar is rending slashes, steel tornado, rapid strikes, flames of oblivion/evil hunter, unstable flame with flawless DB ultimate. Bow bar is caltrops, scorched earth, resolving vigor, poison injection, igneous shield/weapons (depnds on your play style) and banner of might for the ultimate. I shift my mundus depending on the content
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you care to watch a 14 minute video I just recently uploaded a guide for my Stam DK build on youtube:
    It's a dot build which is able to achieve incredibly high single target DPS and is specifically designed for trials, although it works for all PvE content.

This setup revolves around Dual Wield and Bow. Anyway take a look and see if it's something for you.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice