Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Possible bug) DB and TG repeatables not sending me to home faction zones

Contraptions
Contraptions
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, the assassination contracts given by Elam Drals and the Crime Spree quest given by the TG almost never sends me back to my home faction zones. My character has unlocked Silver and Gold zones, (home faction is EP) and I've only ever gotten tasks to go to DC or AD zones for this. Is this intended? Seems weird to have one third of the repeatable quests unavailable for us to to at any time.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom would like to ask the devs whether this is intended. Is anyone else experiencing this as well?
Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    How many of the missions have you done?

I have done 30+ and right now I can not really remember everywhere they have sent me.. I do remember though that not a single one was repeated until after 30!

..but trying to remember any mission in Ebonheart Pact, I can not remember a single one actually.

I want to say it sent me to East March, but I believe that was Thieves Guild...

At least now I will keep check of it.
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done way over 30 of them and not a single one sent me to the Pact zones.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TG repeatables send me to my home faction, but not the DB ones. Did well over 50 of them counting live and PTS, always sending me to DC and EP.

I hope this is not intended. It is nice that Elam has a different comment on each of them, and I would like to hear what he has to say about them all.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Severai
    Severai
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here - which is a real problem as my DB character (AD alliance) has only just started Silver and therefore he's only seen the starter zones for EP so far and can't travel to DC at all. It doesn't make things impossible I suppose - I can make my way to the other zones in EP - but it's really restrictive and frustrating.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep getting sent to AD lands, I love carrying out the hits, I will admit, but getting bored of constantly getting deployed to AD zones lol
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , can we at least get confirmation that this is unintended?

I really don't want to have to make another character and make them join the DB just to experience the objectives of these repeatable quests in my home alliance. If it is supposed to work like TG repeatable quests, then it is not working as intended, because TG repeatable quests send you to your home alliance too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more miscellaneous feedback, there are usually not enough citizens in the smaller towns to do the Spree quests, such as Hoarfrost Downs, Redfur Trading Post, Greenhill to complete the quests properly. Most of the NPCs there are all stationary and in plain view of each other making them very hard to kill without getting spotted.
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed my Covenant character was not getting sent to daggerfall lands also. Maybe it's deliberate, meant to show our characters arent willing to destabilize their home faction?

At least thats the only thing i can think of. I wouldnt mind taking contracts for the major Covenant cities though.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jessica said on the Natch Potes thread in the General Discussion forums that this is actually not intended! Rejoice!

Meet my characters: