Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dried blood - explain please

tfraley
tfraley
Good day.

Could someone brake down how farming dried blood works.
The disctption is a bit confusing.

Do you need to learn a motif before you can start finding them from assassinating?
Does learning more assin motifs increase the drop rate?
Does higher skill level in the assination tree increate the drop rate?

again I feel the discription on multiple site and the game is more confusing then helpfull.

Any insite on this would be great.

I've had guildies who have finsihed the assination line and never came accross dried blood. I'm thinking becasue they never used a motif.

thoughts
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Ive found plenty of styling mats for styles which I didnt have the motif. While im on console and dont have DB yet, thats all I can really offer here as you should never need a motif in order to get the styling mats. (its never worked that way in the past, more than likely isnt the case here)
    Edited by Serenityx on June 4, 2016 11:08AM
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Ive found plenty of styling mats for styles which I did not have the motif. While in on console and done have DB yet, that's all I can really offer here as you should never need a motif in order to get the styling mats. (its never worked that way in the past, more than likely isn't the case here)

We are talking about BrotherHood and dried blood it is totally different from other styles. First, you have to use the blade of woe to find it. Have you ever needed to do something like that in the past? If normally killing mods do not net it. It has to be from the blade of woe... Which is fine but the following text is what confuses me.

And again have a guildie who went through 100's of woe kills and finished assassins skill line and has never seen a single one. So I believe there is truth to needing to know at least one of the assassins motifs, I'm just looking for more specific information here as to how to increase the drop rate.

"Dried blood is obtained solely from using the Blade of Woe. One’s ability to harvest blood from kills with the Blade of Woe is dependent both on their knowledge of the Assassins League style, and their rank in the Dark Brotherhood."
  • Astelo
    Astelo
    ✭✭✭
    Got 2 dried blood til now from about 100 kills. Didn't learn any of the motifs and was and dark brotherhood skill 5.
    Guild mate has learned 6 motifs and got 3 dried blood and 2 tainted blood from about 100 kills
    So learned motifs and skill rank is usefull for getting a better Chance for it, but learning a motif is not essential
    Edited by Astelo on June 4, 2016 1:30PM
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astelo wrote: »
    Got 2 dried blood til now from about 100 kills. Didn't learn any of the motifs and was and dark brotherhood skill 5.
    Guild mate has learned 6 motifs and got 3 dried blood and 2 tainted blood from about 100 kills
    So learned motifs and skill rank is usefull for getting a better Chance for it, but learning a motif is not essential

Good news, try so much! I'm hesitant to buy those yet due to unstable prices!
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Ive found plenty of styling mats for styles which I didnt have the motif. While im on console and dont have DB yet, thats all I can really offer here as you should never need a motif in order to get the styling mats. (its never worked that way in the past, more than likely isnt the case here)

Mercenary style.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured