Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Soul-Meld Mage Quest Bugged

Chrionz
Chrionz
Soul Shriven
During this quest in Coldharbor, when you are asked to find the corrupted blood which is in the experimental chamber. First the quest icon asks you to go back through the rubble, which you turn into the monkey, but you can't. The quest marker only goes to the correct door when you go near it. Then when you go to the door for the chamber, after loading, you're stuck inside the door. No matter how many times you leave then re-enter it, your stuck in there as if the spawn in coordinates are inside the door. It's not just me being another player was having the same issue as me at the same time.
"Sheogorath is already inside each of us. You have already lost."
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @Chrionz! This is a bug we're aware of and have a fix for. The fix will be going into next week's incremental patch on PC and Mac.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is still bugged? Damn there was exactly this problem at launch on PC...
  • ticka_kicka
    ticka_kicka
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by ticka_kicka on March 12, 2019 8:30PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in God's name is content which was in the original release and is part of the critical path through the game is still broken TWO YEAR LATER?
    Edited by KerinKor on June 3, 2016 8:16AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Chrionz! This is a bug we're aware of and have a fix for. The fix will be going into next week's incremental patch on PC and Mac.
    Next Week? so never mind people who are stuck there now I guess. Well back to normal steam games for another year while I ignore this game I guess. Maybe then finally bugs like this will be solved probably not though knowing Zenimax
    Patches roll out once a week. The only time they do an emergency patch is for game-breaking exploits or feature malfunctions (like the missing inventory items). Bugged quests, while they may block progress, do not affect the general functionality of the game, as you can still go and do other things perfectly well.
    KerinKor wrote: »
    How in God's name is content which was in the original release and is part of the critical path through the game is still broken TWO YEAR LATER?
    Not still broken, broken again. Completely different concept. It is very easy for things that have been fixed to break again, and the root cause is likely slightly different even if the end effect appears the same.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 3, 2016 8:55AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chrionz! This is a bug we're aware of and have a fix for. The fix will be going into next week's incremental patch on PC and Mac.

Next Week? so never mind people who are stuck there now I guess. Well back to normal steam games for another year while I ignore this game I guess. Maybe then finally bugs like this will be solved probably not though knowing Zenimax

when you reach level 50 you can just travel to the silver and gold zones and do that quest later. not ideal but not that critical either.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol this quest gets bugged and fixed more often than expert hunter ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Riksis
    Riksis
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Any chance a GM can unstuck a character that has this issue? I wrote a ticket ingame but now I'm not sure whether I'll wait for hours just to be told that I'm out of luck and have to wait for a week for continuing here
    English is not my native language. Please bear with me if spelling, grammar or word choice is not correct.
  • Chrionz
    Chrionz
    Soul Shriven
    ginoboehm wrote: »

when you reach level 50 you can just travel to the silver and gold zones and do that quest later. not ideal but not that critical either.

But will I be able to still get the Meridia's Lightbearer achievement?
    "Sheogorath is already inside each of us. You have already lost."