Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nirn Armor v. reinforced traits

Calidus1
Calidus1
✭✭
has anyone run the numbers on this yet to see which is better on which gear at v16 gold?

Best Answers

• Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    So far I got light armor legs, begining at 1067 no trait white, to 1416 spell and physical with gold reinforced but 1522 S+P resist with gold Nirn
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First you have to ask yourself what your goal is and what you want to achieve.

Are you just trying to get higher resists in light armor?

Are you trying to reach hardcap resists for a tank build?

Do you just want to be tankier in PVP?

Because you may not be asking the right questions if your goal is better achieved another way.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. gw2only1b14_ESO
      gw2only1b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      estera wrote: »
      Calidus1 wrote: »
      has anyone run the numbers on this yet to see which is better on which gear at v16 gold?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2913938/#Comment_2913938

Here are the numbers for CP160 gear:
      fsdbc3t67o7h.png

I confess Im a idiot so the Blue shading shows where reinforced is better and the Red/Pink where Nirn is better?
    2. estera
      estera
      ✭✭
      the Blue shading shows where reinforced is better and the Red/Pink where Nirn is better?

Correct. And the "white" column contains number traits would be equal. Below these numbers - Nirnhoned (flat increase) is better, above - Reinforces (%% increase).
      Edited by estera on June 3, 2016 8:29PM
      PC/EU
    3. MrTarkanian48
      MrTarkanian48
      ✭✭✭✭
      Basically look at the armor rating of the gear and multiply by 0.16.

If the resulting number is greater than 301, Reinforced is better. If it is less than 301, Nirnhoned is better.

Keep in mind that 663 resistance is equivalent to 1% resistance.

If you go nirnhoned on all pieces you gain 301*7=2107 2107/663 = 3.17% mitigation

You may be better off investing in other areas: Impen for PVP shich negates 3.79% crit damage per piece.

Or Divines or infused for PVP to boost stats or mundus effects
      Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
      Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
      Altmer NB (DPS)
      Imperial DK (Tank)
      Redguard DK (DPS)
      Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
    4. llSRRll
      llSRRll
      ✭✭✭
      All depends on where you wanna put your champion pts and what armor your planning on using. I use Nirn on Medium Gloves and waist while I have Reinforced on the rest which are all heavy. I have it set so I dont have to use any champion points into physical resistance and only two into magika resistance.
    5. DKsUnite
      DKsUnite
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      estera wrote: »
      Calidus1 wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2913938/#Comment_2913938

Here are the numbers for CP160 gear:
      fsdbc3t67o7h.png

for a shield that has shield expert though, i believe reinforced wins.
      Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
      Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
      Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
      Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming