The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cross-Alliance Issues

grayninub18_ESO
grayninub18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Am curious why there's not any restrictions on a player logging in to a campaign on one alliance and then switching to another alliance in the same campaign?
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because RP
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought there used to be, but that was when there were many more campaigns
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there's only two campaigns on NA PC it basically means you can't PvP on more than one faction completely.

Who cares about "faction loyalty"? Why should players who want to play with friends all over the game be punished because some RPer loses immersion? If you take the time to level a character in all three factions, you shouldn't be punished for putting that time into the game.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am curious why there's not any restrictions on a player logging in to a campaign on one alliance and then switching to another alliance in the same campaign?

I so totally agree with this. I to want restrictions on one character for same campaign. Even for my alliance issues. Switching from alliance to alliance recent in same campaign. Just can't figure out were I belong and change my mind so easily.

Thus if there was restrictions. I will gladly accept this new change. Which in turn. Will help me greatly. From alliance hoping. I went back to dc yesterday. I want to stay as dc in same campaign. But if there was restrictions. I will remain as dc for long time. Will no longer have this problem I have. Thus I can actually remain loyal to one faction. Thank you for this idea.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there's only two campaigns on NA PC it basically means you can't PvP on more than one faction completely.

Who cares about "faction loyalty"? Why should players who want to play with friends all over the game be punished because some RPer loses immersion? If you take the time to level a character in all three factions, you shouldn't be punished for putting that time into the game.

"A GREAT conflict was about to come off between the Birds and the Beasts. When the two armies were collected together the Bat hesitated which to join. The Birds that passed his perch said: “Come with us”; but he said: “I am a Beast.” Later on, some Beasts who were passing underneath him looked up and said: “Come with us”; but he said: “I am a Bird.” Luckily at the last moment peace was made, and no battle took place, so the Bat came to the Birds and wished to join in the rejoicings, but they all turned against him and he had to fly away. He then went to the Beasts, but soon had to beat a retreat, or else they would have torn him to pieces. “Ah,” said the Bat, “I see now,
    “HE THAT IS NEITHER ONE THING NOR THE OTHER HAS NO FRIENDS.”
    "

Æsop. (Sixth century B.C.) Fables.
    The Harvard Classics. 1909–14.
    'The Bat, the Birds, and the Beasts'
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

"A GREAT conflict was about to come off between the Birds and the Beasts. When the two armies were collected together the Bat hesitated which to join. The Birds that passed his perch said: “Come with us”; but he said: “I am a Beast.” Later on, some Beasts who were passing underneath him looked up and said: “Come with us”; but he said: “I am a Bird.” Luckily at the last moment peace was made, and no battle took place, so the Bat came to the Birds and wished to join in the rejoicings, but they all turned against him and he had to fly away. He then went to the Beasts, but soon had to beat a retreat, or else they would have torn him to pieces. “Ah,” said the Bat, “I see now,
    “HE THAT IS NEITHER ONE THING NOR THE OTHER HAS NO FRIENDS.”
    "

Æsop. (Sixth century B.C.) Fables.
    The Harvard Classics. 1909–14.
    'The Bat, the Birds, and the Beasts'

Great campfire story . I like my bat wings xtra crispy .

maxresdefault.jpg
    Options
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    I have guild members who I train up for combat often, or people on my alliance that want to duel. If the old restrictions came back it would be much harder for me to do this. Plus people could just group queue into a campaign that they would've had an alliance restrictions on which defeats the purpose of the restriction. Stop group queues into cyrodiil? That's going to cause even more inconvenience.

Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
    Options
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only ones who thinks that "faction-loyality" really is important to this game is either new to the game or rp-ers
    Edited by mchermie on May 26, 2016 11:26PM
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G'nite Ned
    Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have guild members who I train up for combat often, or people on my alliance that want to duel. If the old restrictions came back it would be much harder for me to do this. Plus people could just group queue into a campaign that they would've had an alliance restrictions on which defeats the purpose of the restriction. Stop group queues into cyrodiil? That's going to cause even more inconvenience.

you train your guild mates? every time i see a red like you i target that person. youre always on the ground.

i hear those who whine because of being outnumbered (you being one) only make the problem worse.

its a game with serious balancing issues i know that faction loyalty is silly.

what i have a problem with is EP complaining about AD DC joins their factions only to get rolled over.

instead of switching factions how about solving the problems instead of creating them or running away.

lets try better communication knowing when and where to siege knowing class roles.

joining AD wont help it will only get you wiped.

EP in certain campaign is a joke faction. but so is this game anymore.
    Edited by americansteel on May 27, 2016 12:31AM
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was seiging a yellow castles the other night with 10 random reds, we go to the inner section... About 50 yellows showed up and killed all the reds, not me I was a mag nightblade (only lvl 30 tho) I cloaked after and there was a red guy inside the yellow wall after it got repaired, he doing emotes alongside the 40 +yellows, they didn't lay a finger on him.

If my blade was fully levelled I would have bombed them into oblivion and hope our traitor red went with them.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    EquinoxS wrote: »
    Was seiging a yellow castles the other night with 10 random reds, we go to the inner section... About 50 yellows showed up and killed all the reds, not me I was a mag nightblade (only lvl 30 tho) I cloaked after and there was a red guy inside the yellow wall after it got repaired, he doing emotes alongside the 40 +yellows, they didn't lay a finger on him.

If my blade was fully levelled I would have bombed them into oblivion and hope our traitor red went with them.

this happens alot just more problems to add in pvp. players ruining the experience for others straight trashy people on console.

trolls
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care much for faction traitors, I hate fighting alongside someone and then they log off and next thing they are trying to kill me, this is a three faction war, I am not role player but campaign pride and faction pride is something this game needs to help bolster good pvp, being able to switch factions so willy-nilly, or always join the winning side, is one reason we have such a huge population imbalance. The collusion in this game really makes the three faction warfare kind of a joke sad to say.

This is one reason I hope Camelot Unchained works out to be a good game, unless you buy another account and pay another sub, there will be no willy-nilly faction swapping, I am sure some people will but it won't be as rampant and game ruining as it is here.

I have killed people then they log into their same faction toon to complain about being killed, crazy stuff.
    Options
  • grayninub18_ESO
    grayninub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The "training" is probably my biggest issue, on the slower campaign all the highest AP earners and emperors seem to have a character on two sides or all three and switch to them to "duel" for hours on end until they're emperor.
    Options
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    The "training" is probably my biggest issue, on the slower campaign all the highest AP earners and emperors seem to have a character on two sides or all three and switch to them to "duel" for hours on end until they're emperor.

There's still other ways to get into a campaign before the restrictions. And you're just using extreme examples of why dueling or training shouldn't happen. I know there's cons to this, but they shouldn't outweigh the benefits.

I don't know what platform you're on, but there's no such thing as a slow campaign. It's either large scale conflicts you'll see in Haderus, or constant small conflicts in every other campaign (excluding Azura's star since I don't know how it is in there) on Xbox NA. There hasn't been a true buff server on Xbox in a long time.

Also
    @americansteel

After DB hits on console, I want to fight you 1v1. I know you know what my GT is. What happened in Chillrend is none of your concern. That's all I have to say.
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    Options
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭

Yes, factions right now is pretty much pointless. Thanks to ZOS.

Can it be helped? Yes, ZOS can do this,

Create a campaign where players with cross-faction toons cannot join.

Pretty please @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
    Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

There's still other ways to get into a campaign before the restrictions. And you're just using extreme examples of why dueling or training shouldn't happen. I know there's cons to this, but they shouldn't outweigh the benefits.

I don't know what platform you're on, but there's no such thing as a slow campaign. It's either large scale conflicts you'll see in Haderus, or constant small conflicts in every other campaign (excluding Azura's star since I don't know how it is in there) on Xbox NA. There hasn't been a true buff server on Xbox in a long time.

Also
    @americansteel

After DB hits on console, I want to fight you 1v1. I know you know what my GT is. What happened in Chillrend is none of your concern. That's all I have to say.

i have destroyed you so many times it doesnt matter what patch update i will continue to wreck you on your yellow.

the other day i 1v3 you and 2 others on my crappy nord templar!

on pc or xbox1 doesnt matter. i like many other reds see you turncoat we aim for you,

you made a yellow because you were tired of getting smashed? but even on your bananna you still get wrecked.

i heard you before running your mouth about a certain player, you kinichi nura and cajungirls trash guild run your mouths too much.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno about factions but I am loyal to my friends (aka guilds). I play on both DC and AD.

Weekdays I run with DC guild,
    Weekends I run with AD guild...

Skewer me like a skeever if you must, but that's just how I roll baby. Haters gona hate.

e1c5894ec755dbd37f7a26a103efe4ce.jpg
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    @americansteel

Dude I've been making moves in Skeleton Key on my EP for the past 2-3 weeks. I haven't even been in vet pvp on my AD in 2-3 weeks, and I have been rarely playing on my AD until recently. So I don't know who you even fought, and I don't know Cajungirl or that other person you mentioned. They aren't in my guild and I'm not in their guild. My guild likes to stay drama free, so keep them the ---- out of this. Just say who I was ---- talking because I haven't said anything bad about anyone outside of my guild in a long time since I got out of that dumpster called Chillrend.

As I have said before, what happened in Chillrend is none of your concern. For all you know, I defected to AD on Chillrend to protect all elves.

You got my GT: RUBLKS CUBE

and I got yours: kill all elves

Fight me 1v1 when DB hits console if you're not scared.

P.S.

Finding someone already dead and then T-bagging them doesn't count as wrecking someone.
    Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care much for faction traitors, I hate fighting alongside someone and then they log off and next thing they are trying to kill me, this is a three faction war, I am not role player but campaign pride and faction pride is something this game needs to help bolster good pvp, being able to switch factions so willy-nilly, or always join the winning side, is one reason we have such a huge population imbalance. The collusion in this game really makes the three faction warfare kind of a joke sad to say.

This is one reason I hope Camelot Unchained works out to be a good game, unless you buy another account and pay another sub, there will be no willy-nilly faction swapping, I am sure some people will but it won't be as rampant and game ruining as it is here.

I have killed people then they log into their same faction toon to complain about being killed, crazy stuff.

rubiks cube is another one of t
    @americansteel

Dude I've been making moves in Skeleton Key on my EP for the past 2-3 weeks. I haven't even been in vet pvp on my AD in 2-3 weeks, and I have been rarely playing on my AD until recently. So I don't know who you even fought, and I don't know Cajungirl or that other person you mentioned. They aren't in my guild and I'm not in their guild. My guild likes to stay drama free, so keep them the ---- out of this. Just say who I was ---- talking because I haven't said anything bad about anyone outside of my guild in a long time since I got out of that dumpster called Chillrend.

As I have said before, what happened in Chillrend is none of your concern. For all you know, I defected to AD on Chillrend to protect all elves.

You got my GT: RUBLKS CUBE

and I got yours: kill all elves

Fight me 1v1 when DB hits console if you're not scared.

P.S.

Finding someone already dead and then T-bagging them doesn't count as wrecking someone.

kills all elves? really dude? hes a tribune and a major, he or Jeff is in my pc guild aswell. i play a templar general g2.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options