Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: May 27, 2016"

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    ca905c54bac5118c16e8f1a3f8d89ad2.jpg?_ga=1.119401417.1988934942.1460235551
    I will be buying this but I have one nitpick.

"If you're the kind of alchemist who specializes in venoms and poison-making, you'll invest in special protective garb to keep from being poisoned by your own experiments—or else! And if your clients are just a little bit intimidated by your creepy attire, all the better."

Why are the gloves fingerless? Won't the poisons seep in through the exposed skin while working with them?

Ha! Didn't even notice that! A bit of an oversight!
    PC/EU DC
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo.... there is NO limited time items in June? Just want to make sure I read it all correctly. lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    ca905c54bac5118c16e8f1a3f8d89ad2.jpg?_ga=1.119401417.1988934942.1460235551
    I will be buying this but I have one nitpick.

"If you're the kind of alchemist who specializes in venoms and poison-making, you'll invest in special protective garb to keep from being poisoned by your own experiments—or else! And if your clients are just a little bit intimidated by your creepy attire, all the better."

Why are the gloves fingerless? Won't the poisons seep in through the exposed skin while working with them?

Yes I had a laugh. It's funny they leave uncovered the most important part of your body to cover up. Doubly-so with the blurb they added. Oh dear...
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tree thane. Hopefully at 500-700 crowns
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tree thane. Hopefully at 500-700 crowns

I think that is supposed to be the "Bosmer High" outfit, so 1000 if it follows the other racial outfits pricing model.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just please don't make the wolf mount 4k

Don't worry, I think it'll be 2500 or less, it's not shiny and glittering and doesn't have a cool summoning animation. And after the S**t storm that happened with the Dro-m’Athra Senche, I think they get the picture.

I'm glad they made that 4k and only available a short period. It is the ugliest mount out there and a true eyesore in Cyrodiil. At least there aren't that many. They have some blue *** leakage spewing behind them as they run. At least the owner doesn't have to see how ridiculous they look since they can't run behind themselves.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they fixed the female chest area with the Treethane Ceremonial Dress before they release it. Yes I submitted a bug when it first hit the PTS weeks ago and it's still messed up. It is a nice costume except for the boob issue. :)
  • HELLB0UNDH0UND
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I'm glad they made that 4k and only available a short period. It is the ugliest mount out there and a true eyesore in Cyrodiil. At least there aren't that many. They have some blue *** leakage spewing behind them as they run. At least the owner doesn't have to see how ridiculous they look since they can't run behind themselves.

Sounds like you might be a bit jealous? :D
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim
    STILL NO WOLF PET!!!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    "This upgrade unlocks an additional Character Slot, which will appear on the Login screen below the slots for your current characters."

YES!! Thanks for the clarification!

I have some lore-related questions about the Nixad, if someone doesn't mind to answer. Are these creatures intelligent? On the PTS, I saw that they often act on ways that seem to indicate they are, like when wild ones fly to us and laugh. Do they understand Tamrielic language? And I often saw them around runes, Nirnroot and Minotaur camps. Are they attracted to magic? I'm asking for RP reasons, because they look like the perfect companion for my mage character.

Also, I said that before, but the Wolf looks amazing. A really great model. Great outfits, too, and the Lynx is really adorable. Great job on these too.

I guess it is a safe bet to assume that Nixads are Faeries.

If you then consider abandoned game files to be a legitimate epistemological access to the world of Tamriel (which I do), then it appears that all or some Faeries are intelligent enough to have their own language and that the said language can be learnt by members of other races. Whether or not they understand other Tamriellic languages, is not known yet.

For further information about the intelligence of Faerie, their connection to magicka, and their possible hierarchy, you can also read this book from TES II. :smile:

If on the contrary, you consider that the -ad suffix, which in real world is used to name kinds of nymphs, is a clue that we should consider the Nixads to be a kind of Nymphs also in the universe of TES, then similarly, Nymphs are intelligent, have their own language (which bears similarities with both the Ayleidoon and the Faerian), and it is possible for a member of another race to learn their language. However, considering how far Nixads are from previous depictions of Nymphs, I personnally prefer to consider it as a Faerie.
    Edited by VerboseQuips on June 5, 2016 1:10AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This upgrade unlocks an additional Character Slot, which will appear on the Login screen below the slots for your current characters."

I have some lore-related questions about the Nixad, if someone doesn't mind to answer. Are these creatures intelligent? On the PTS, I saw that they often act on ways that seem to indicate they are, like when wild ones fly to us and laugh. Do they understand Tamrielic language? And I often saw them around runes, Nirnroot and Minotaur camps. Are they attracted to magic? I'm asking for RP reasons, because they look like the perfect companion for my mage character.

Also, I said that before, but the Wolf looks amazing. A really great model. Great outfits, too, and the Lynx is really adorable. Great job on these too.

If you then consider abandoned game files to be a legitimate epistemological access to the world of Tamriel (which I do), then it appears that all or some Faeries are intelligent enough to have their own language and that the said language can be learnt by members of other races. Whether or not they understand other Tamriellic languages, is not known yet.

For further information about the intelligence of Faerie, their connection to magicka, and their possible hierarchy, you can also read this book from TES II. :smile:

Thanks a bunch! I only played Morrowind and forwards, unfortunately, and I'm always happy to learn more!

This is great. It is my headcanon for Nixads until proven otherwise. I hope ZOS has a lore article on the Gold Coast creatures planned to be released.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks a bunch! I only played Morrowind and forwards, unfortunately, and I'm always happy to learn more!

This is great. It is my headcanon for Nixads until proven otherwise. I hope ZOS has a lore article on the Gold Coast creatures planned to be released.

You're welcome. :-) I also discovered the series with Morrowind, but I spent some time lurking on the UESP, so I discovered a bit of the Daggerfall lore. :smile: - by the way, I added a comment about Nymphs in my answer.

I couldn't agree more about the lore article. I think they should bring the Loremaster's archive back - I hope they will. :tongue: I had prepared five (big) questions about Minotaurs and one about Selkies. And I guess one could find more about Nixads.

Edit : Oh and now I have one more question about Selkies. :/
    Edited by VerboseQuips on June 5, 2016 1:25AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Pocket Mammoth?

POCKET MAMMOTH?

POCKET MAMMOTH!!

Oh how I want one.

OTOH no pressure on a mammoth MOUNT. I had one in Age of Conan and it's like driving a boat.
    Edited by Threemoons on June 6, 2016 2:57AM
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah and you're gonna have a half-price sale on crowns so that we can get all of this good stuff, right?

RIGHT?

o:)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, one more thing. Khajit outfits pls?