The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Something I fear will be implemented in the future that will ruin my gaming experience in ESO.

elven.were_wolf
elven.were_wolf
✭✭✭✭
Ok, so after the Dro'mathra senche mount's crazy price at 4000 crowns, I fear of the future of the crown store.
More specifically I fear that once the barber shop comes it will charge us crowns to alter our characters' appearance in addition to many things that will soon make it a pay to win experience.

I have a bosmer stamblade that is my main character and I really like her but I kind of picked the wrong eyebrows and hair colour for her. And it's annoying me quite a bit.

So my points is:
Even though this a cosmetic problem and I have no problem paying with crowns from time to time. I think making the barber shop with gold will be a better alternative then crowns. Why? So when you start your new character and make a mistake you have a second chance that does not require real money as it could be a tiny mistake that needs correcting which isn't worth the money just for something small.

And also I think that if it is implemented in a way similar to the dye station, it will make cool opportunities to, for example: add new hairstyles to the crown store. Or make some unlockable via achievements. I think that would be really cool.

As for race change, well... it would be nice if it wasn't a crown store purchase because you could update the racial passives anytime for the different races without forceing people to pay to change their race when an incremental update happens that changes people's builds in a way that they didn't want. ( still hoping that my stamblade will retain her 21% stam regeneration if something jarastic like that happens. :smile:

Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. I'm hoping the barbershop comes as a dlc - once purchased you can change things like eyebrows for an in-game gold cost.

Things like race and name change will be ok as crown store purchases because they would be far less frequent.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Sheepski
    Sheepski
    ✭✭
    Since when is paying to change a completely optional, cosmetic appearance p2w?
    PC - EU - EP

Lladwr - Khajiit expert thief (also part time Nightblade)

Gwifr - Nord meat shield and Knight of the Round Dragon

Daflia - Daedric Prince of Silly Walks

Darian Drith - Templar healer with his undead posse
  • adamastorx
    adamastorx
    ✭✭
    Sheepski wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. What are players going to win?!

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adamastorx wrote: »

I dunno, beauty pageants?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Kilruna
    Kilruna
    ✭✭
    Best thing would be to raise ingame gold for hair changes and crowns for character appearance in general.

That would perfectly fit in the world in my opinion.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race chance would be P2W because of passives.

Barbershop - not at all.

So I'd encourage ZoS to disallow the first (or - yes you can polymorph your race but you are forever stuck with your original race's passives).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best choice for them would be to charge gold/AP for the shop itself but sell new options for hair, tattoo's scars etc as crown store items.

They have something to bring money in but still keep the changes accessible to everyone. I would suggest that the racial change side of it be limited to crowns however, if not that then a very high gold cost to avoid changing every week.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so after the Dro'mathra senche mount's crazy price at 4000 crowns, I fear of the future of the crown store.

I think it shows much forethought and anti-pay-to-win-ness that the vanity mount costs more than the DLC.

I'm very encouraged by this.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Race chance would be P2W because of passives.

Barbershop - not at all.

So I'd encourage ZoS to disallow the first (or - yes you can polymorph your race but you are forever stuck with your original race's passives).

So what's the difference if they changed their race or created a new character and leveled to 50? Because with VR removal, all you have to do is reach level 50 and you're instantly equal to your previous race character. I think players should have more OPTIONS as to encourage more players to stick around, and spend money, instead of trying to FORCE them to 'play YOUR way'. Also, FYI, not everyone chooses a difference race based upon racial passives... sometimes you might think you like a character's appearance only to discover after numerous hours that you prefer another racial appearance... 'oh but let's punish them by forcing them to create a new character and start over simply because race change is just too OP.' :s
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    So what's the difference if they changed their race or created a new character and leveled to 50?

Hmmm... personal responsibility. Maturity.

Any change that effects character skill function in-game and is purchasable is inherently pay-to-win.

Those are the sorts of things I see.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should probably jump to conclusions now, just to be safe.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's the difference if they changed their race or created a new character and leveled to 50?

Any change that effects character skill function in-game and is purchasable is inherently pay-to-win.

Not if it's also accessible in the game, then it's pay for convenience.

Pay to win is things like gold ammo from World of Tanks, or an MMO where the best dropped sword does 1000 damage but the store one does 1500.

The problem these days is everyone throws pay to win at anything they don't like because they don't want to pay for it. If it's something you can do in game (like make a new character) it's not pay to win.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • THBronx
    THBronx
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I dunno, beauty pageants?
    [3]^

Changing the eyebrows of my char through an eventual and exclusively Crown Store barbershop item = pay to win ?
    How can anyone use this to your advantage when compared to someone who doesn't bought the eventual and exclusive item?

Some ppl are really pushing it omg.
    Hadamanthys
    Templar of Ebonheart Pact.
    NA Server.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I need to clarify. The cosmetic things I have stated are defenitley not pay to win, but I fear that after the crazy price it will somehow start leading to a greed for money. And so you'll go from xp scrolls all the way to something I'd rather not think about.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I need to clarify. The cosmetic things I have stated are defenitley not pay to win, but I fear that after the crazy price it will somehow start leading to a greed for money. And so you'll go from xp scrolls all the way to something I'd rather not think about.

Considering every time ZOS try anything different in their store everyone throws their toys out the pram the game is going P2W I don't think there is any fear of them pushing the line yet.

That being said when something eventually does cross the line, there will be enough uproar that they'll know to never do it again.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a HUGE difference between something being accessible ONLY through purchase and something being available BOTH in-game or through purchase. There is no difference between someone making a race change to an existing character and someone creating a new character other than the 1-50 leveling process.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 1, 2016 10:33AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enough people bought the 4k crown Senche mount, the next 'limited edition' mount will be as expensive or maybe even more expensive.

Still dont understand why people would spend $40 for a mount though.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not comparable. The dro-M'athra mount is a Cosmetic alternative to something that you can get in-game (a horse). If the "barbershop" ends up being Crown Store only, that will make it a Service, something that cannot be obtained in-game, and price comparisons should only be made with other Services.

Alternatively, maybe the barbershop will be implemented in-game, requiring Gold to use, and the Crown Store can sell extra styles not available through character creation (Cosmetics) or barbershop tickets similar to respec scrolls (Convenience).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough people bought the 4k crown Senche mount, the next 'limited edition' mount will be as expensive or maybe even more expensive.

Still dont understand why people would spend $40 for a mount though.

I can answer that on my part.

I'm a collector of pets/mounts.
    It looked awesome.
    I have a lot of disposable income and this is my main online game.

I agree the price isn't good, but at the same time I could afford it and I wanted it so I made the purchase. I spent more on the last RP book I purchased than the mount and I will probably use the mount more than that.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That mount probably made just less than the thieves guild patch made haha I see every other person with it
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭

Its not.

Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• BlackWormDisciple
    Personally, I hope the barbershop is an in-game addition - although if it's Crown-based, it should be for a fair price, nothing absurd like 5,000 Crowns.

That... and the inclusion of additional hair colors that are lore-friendly yet missing currently for many races - ones that many races have missing for the character creation process while many NPCs of those races display such options - e.g. Altmer with the much-desired black and dark-brown hair colors (can name a lot of High Elf/Altmer NPCs in the game, as well as Oblivion with black and dark brown hair colors, Zenimax - even a lore-book from Morrowind all the way to ESO mentioning Altmer with dark hair, and can provide proof) [would personally like to see two of the too similar shades of blonde or white hair replaced with a dark brown and black hair color option, or even a black-gray instead of true black], black hair for Nords, red hair for Imperials (Cicero, anyone?) - assuming they don't have red hair as an option already. *cough* ... Sorry. >//<

As well as additional hair and facial hair styles/accessories - like full circle-beards/goatees or the Skyrim-like long goatees.

If such things were added with the barbershop or, preferable, a new patch, I'd be quite content.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that if you change Race that they have it where you will lose the Skill Points that you invested in them and start out at zero points in your new race. That might make you think twice before changing race.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    I hope that if you change Race that they have it where you will lose the Skill Points that you invested in them and start out at zero points in your new race. That might make you think twice before changing race.
    All racial skills are passives. You'd just get back all the ones you'd spent in your original race, and immediately be able to spend them again in your new race since the racial line advances in parallel with character level.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭

one fashion TO RULE THEM ALL!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if they sold the Barber Shop in the whole store and you could use it anytime,whenever.BUT,..you'd pay a whole lot for it.