Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I keep getting USED BAIT when fishing in the ocean with Worms!!!???

XoXJulietteXoX
XoXJulietteXoX
✭✭✭
I'm in Grahtwood, fishing in the ocean with worms and keep getting used bait. What's going on? Also, the fishing holes are far and few between. This is making life difficult even attempting to get a single Perfect Roe!?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try a different bait, insect parts (from butterflys and other insects) seem to do a reasonable job in most places and they are easy to collect.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you removing the Used Bait from the Loot Box? If you don't, that is all you will get.

Another thing, are you sure your in the Ocean? Salt Water? It could be a Fresh Water bay. I would imagine the West Coast would be Salt Water, but maybe there is a Fresh Water Estuary you are near.

You know you have the correct bait if you always pull a fish. If not, you don't have the correct bait.
    Edited by Nestor on June 2, 2016 9:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If on PC get the excellent Votan's Fisherman addon and it will keep you straight at every spot as well as let you fish with your eyes closed.

"Just wait for the BOOIIINNG!!!"
    Edited by SpAEkus on June 2, 2016 9:37PM
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the percentage rate on dropping Perfect Roe? Cause I've filleted about 200 fish today and nothin :/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the percentage rate on dropping Perfect Roe? Cause I've filleted about 200 fish today and nothin :/

Its about 1:100 on average. But I have gone 200 to 300 fish and not seen one, then on other days, 30 or 40 and I get a Roe.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Averaging about 1:100 sounds right, last time I fished I got 0 out of about 180 and then 2 in the next 50 fish. I once got 2 in consecutive fish after a long drought. Good old RNG.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Are you removing the Used Bait from the Loot Box? If you don't, that is all you will get.

Another thing, are you sure your in the Ocean? Salt Water? It could be a Fresh Water bay. I would imagine the West Coast would be Salt Water, but maybe there is a Fresh Water Estuary you are near.

You know you have the correct bait if you always pull a fish. If not, you don't have the correct bait.

^^^^This OP. Never throw back used bait. You only hook the same over and over regardless of what bait you use. Also, are there any dead bodies or skeletons in the area? If so, then it's likely a Foul water site.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)