Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with my templar

Killa4hire89
Killa4hire89
✭✭
Hello, I play ps4 as an imperial magic templar. However I have been struggling somewhat in PvP with it. I am curious for any tips from players on what may help improve my build.

Currently I run 5 light 1 med 1 Heavy.

5 Kagrenacs

2 Engine guardian

2 Magnus

3 Arcane willpower

Stats sit at approximately 36k Mac magic. 27k health and 14k stam running purple max buff food. I also have 1300 mag recovery. 2550 crit resistance, and 2.6k spell damage unbuffed.

I run dw and s&b.

Dw bar: Puncturing strike, RD, stuctured entropy, toppling charge, Inner light, DBoS/ice comet

S&b bar: channeled focus, purify ritual, honor the dead, proxy, and either spear shard or repent with devour bats or ice comet ults.

I have considered dropping 2 of my spell power enchants and swapping to mage mundus for more magic but don't know what would be better. Also I seem to have particular trouble fighting sorcs as getting through shields and mines is almost impossible.

Appreciate anyone's feedback and help, thanks in advance!
Edited by Killa4hire89 on May 27, 2016 6:36AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your magicka regen is a bit low for pvp, I would suggest the Atronach mundus stone and one magicka regen glyph on your jewelry. That should bring you to roughly 1.8-2k magicka regen (depending on your race and CP allocation).

The Engine Guardian set can be good but it can also work in your disadvantage because Proxy Det will do more dmg if it hits you and the Dwemer Sphere.

There are a couple other monster sets that you can consider:
    2x Malubeth (really strong defensive set)
    2x Blood Spawn (stam and ult regen)
    1x Blood Spawn and 1x Molag Kena (stam regen and spell dmg)

You could also combine 5pc Kagnancs on your offensive bar with 5pc Magnus on your defensive bar.
    That would increase your magicka sustain on the defensive bar while keeping the same dmg output on your offensive bar.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Sword and Board and repalce DW with restro staff ( heavy attack will help with magic regen) .. your mag regen is ok .could be a bit higher.

You will make more AP with a restro staff then D/W unless your a pro 1vsX

Edited by Reevster on May 27, 2016 8:42AM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally wish I was imperial, my stats are way lower. I like Defensive Stance and Dark Flare spam for Sorcs. I'm forced to use RD though because 90% of Cyrodiil will reflect, dodge or cloak Dark Flares.
    PC EU
  • Killa4hire89
    Killa4hire89
    ✭✭
    Your magicka regen is a bit low for pvp, I would suggest the Atronach mundus stone and one magicka regen glyph on your jewelry. That should bring you to roughly 1.8-2k magicka regen (depending on your race and CP allocation).

The Engine Guardian set can be good but it can also work in your disadvantage because Proxy Det will do more dmg if it hits you and the Dwemer Sphere.

There are a couple other monster sets that you can consider:
    2x Malubeth (really strong defensive set)
    2x Blood Spawn (stam and ult regen)
    1x Blood Spawn and 1x Molag Kena (stam regen and spell dmg)

You could also combine 5pc Kagnancs on your offensive bar with 5pc Magnus on your defensive bar.
    That would increase your magicka sustain on the defensive bar while keeping the same dmg output on your offensive bar.

Currently I'm running atro stone. Any tips for dealing with sorcs?

And I also primarily solo/duo PvP. I hate zerging:/
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    I'm currently running 5 of heavy armour master, 5 pc transmutation (weps and jewlrey), 2 pc engine guardian (1 light 1 med undaunted). SnB and dual wield that way I can have dual 5pc both bars and help dps when needed(usally cc shards, heal debuff with dark flare, or excute with RO). I can keep groups heals long and sustain myself in 1vx specially with immovable brute I don't get caught up in cc much. 22k mag 30k health 10k Stam, 2.4 mag recov 2500 health recov 1300 and Stam recov 700 spell and physical rest 30k crit rest 1.8k. Focus on health and never have had a problem running out of mag. Again main role is to heal, then help cc and dps when fit. The transmutation is a must for group makes huge diff if no one running it. If mainly focusing dps/ heal may think staying light. But heavy is def viable specially with db updates coming out. And I've had no problem killing with temp either
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    I'm at 400 champion points, above stats aren't near end game yet(still need finishing unlocking undaunted passive almost done, and gear out). Stats are what my character is always at (always running with recovery food on, in pvp)