Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Infinite Sustain" MagSorc DPS (Dragon Bones DLC Ready)

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT:

03/22/2018 - Updated for Dragon Bones DLC

Special thanks to @Natvral for ele draining the dummy for me for an hour

Race:

Dunmer – best racial choice for this specific build because of the lightning damage bonus.

Attribute Distribution:

All in Magicka

Food:

Health and Magicka

Mundus Stone:

Apprentice

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue tree:

Master at Arms 56, Elemental Expert 64, Elfborn 56, Thaumaturge 31, Staff Expert 6, Spell Erosion 27

Red tree:

Halls of Fabrication 32 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 66 Thick Skinned, 66 Ironclad, 10 Spellshield

Aetherian Archive 61 Ironclad, 33 Spellshield, 75 Elemental Defender, 61 Thick Skinned

Maw of Lorkhaj 61 Ironclad, 33 Spellshield, 75 Elemental Defender, 61 Thick Skinned

Hel Ra Citadel 56 Ironclad, 36 Spellshield, 49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 40 Thick Skinned

Sanctum Ophidia 64 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 61 Thick Skinned, 56 Ironclad

Asylum Santorium 53 Spellshield, 81 Ironclad, 75 Elemental Defender, 16 Bastion, 15 Quick Recovery

Green tree:

Warlord 51, Basing Focus 27, Arcanist 76, Tenacity 43, Tumbling 20, Shadow Ward 23

The Setup:

5/1/1

3 Moon Dancer Jewelry- Spell Damage Enchants

5 Divine Mechanical Acuity Armor - Magicka Enchants

2 Moondancer Armor Armor - Magicka Enchants

1 vMA Fire Infused Staff (Spell Damage Enchant) (Back Bar)

1 vAS Infused Fire Staff (Fire/Prismatic enchant) (Front Bar)

Bar Setup:

Main Bar (Moondancer Staff): Inner Light, Crystal Frags, Haunting Curse, Bound Aegis, Force Pulse. Ultimate: Shooting Star

Off bar (vMA Staff): Mage's Wrath, Inner Light (or Shield), Bound Aegis, Liquid Lightning, Elemental Blockade. Ultimate: Destro Ult

https://imgur.com/a/YQCJM

Rotation:

Step 1: Destro Ult>Liquid Lightning>LA>Elemental Blockade>Bar Swap

Step 2: LA>Haunting Curse>LA+FP x 6 with Frag casting on proc>Bar Swap

Restart at Step 1. Below 20% switch to just back bar DoTs and execute.

Restart from Step 1. Use 2 heavy attacks instead of Force Pulse/Frags to restore Magicka when you run low.

Reapply haunting on cooldown.

Rotation video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOx_a4BGI_U&feature=youtu.be

Reasoning:

1. What about sustain?

Use heavy attacks if you run low

2. Why not Ilambris?

It doesn't do much for you when compared with 5 moondancer. Between Minor slayer and the option to have crazy sustain and damage it always parsed better for me.

3. Why moondancer?

OP sustain when you need it, OP damage when you are full on Magicka.

4. Sample parse

https://imgur.com/a/Wwg4g
Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on March 23, 2018 3:07AM
  • player_klaus
    player_klaus
    ✭✭✭
    heresy! :#
  • Ariisen
    Ariisen
    ✭✭✭
    The normal Sorc rotation is already hard to sustain, this seems borderline unplayable.

I might change idea once I see some DPS parses but I'm skeptical lol.
    [XBOX ONE - Daggerfall Covenant - EU - CP 600+]
    Gamertag: msYuuu
    My Veteran Level Toons:
    Zemska - Breton NightBlade [DC]
    Riiful - Imperial DragonKnight [DC]
    Nikole - Breton Sorcerer [DC]
    Mashu - Bosmer NightBlade [DC]
    Helise - Breton Templar [DC]
    Syosetsuka - Imperial Sorcerer [DC]
    Majken - Altmer Dragonknight[DC]

I'm back after 3 months yoh.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ariisen wrote: »
    The normal Sorc rotation is already hard to sustain, this seems borderline unplayable.

I might change idea once I see some DPS parses but I'm skeptical lol.

While I definitely agree that the sustain may be a major issue, I will tell you that in the regular sorc setup (unless you are using Kena), the Sorc should have no sustain issues.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stopped reading after i saw crystal blast and not fragments.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    stopped reading after i saw crystal blast and not fragments.

Hence the title - highly improbable, but possibly workable.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12bgqq.jpg
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Long time crystal blast user. I get 24-27k crit blasts in main target in pve. its pretty uber and I don't have to watch for frag procs. My build is 5 TBS, 4 Julianos / 3 on staff bar, 3 willpower. 137 cp in mage. and im a dark elf, not a meta race

long range wrecking blow ftw. break the meta.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One additional issue aside from sustain (blast is expensive and returns nothing from elemental drain): what if you want to PvP?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One additional issue aside from sustain (blast is expensive and returns nothing from elemental drain): what if you want to PvP?

If this build IS viable it would definitely be PvEmma only since the cast delay/ lack of crushing for PvP would be to big a loss imho.
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    I pvp with blast. Sustain for me sucks. DKs suck. I use pots for power. That is the biggest downside for me. 800-900 regen iirc. Inevitable det, curse and blast away. Major alpha
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time crystal blast user. I get 24-27k crit blasts in main target in pve. its pretty uber and I don't have to watch for frag procs. My build is 5 TBS, 4 Julianos / 3 on staff bar, 3 willpower. 137 cp in mage. and im a dark elf, not a meta race

long range wrecking blow ftw. break the meta.

Haha yes it's definitely a cool skill. I love this build because it's all AoE so in an instance with adds you don't need to switch any skills or your rotation, plus it does crazy damage. You also get to have 3 skills proccing ele drain as well as your staff weaves.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see others trying the blast-based idea, I've been playing with it since pts; it works great until the magic is suddenly gone. It requires better play, too, as you have to choose your targets based on position and also whether you think they'll still be alive in 1.3s to recieve the shard. The Moondancer regen would be pretty central to it... what would you suggest to replace it in the meantime? I'm tempted to suggest 5 lich/ 5 julianos/tbs/scathing / 3 willpower, but that would drop WoE, which is unlikely to be worthwhile. Perhaps 5 (insert)/ 3WP/ 3/4 Transmutation?

Something that could be worth adding is Proxy Det as well as Velocious, as they both get double buffed under the new system. The main strike of frags/blast does not, though I'm not sure about the AoE component of Blast. It was proccing Skoria on PTS :/

Very interested all around, cool idea :)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Nice to see others trying the blast-based idea, I've been playing with it since pts; it works great until the magic is suddenly gone. It requires better play, too, as you have to choose your targets based on position and also whether you think they'll still be alive in 1.3s to recieve the shard. The Moondancer regen would be pretty central to it... what would you suggest to replace it in the meantime? I'm tempted to suggest 5 lich/ 5 julianos/tbs/scathing / 3 willpower, but that would drop WoE, which is unlikely to be worthwhile. Perhaps 5 (insert)/ 3WP/ 3/4 Transmutation?

Something that could be worth adding is Proxy Det as well as Velocious, as they both get double buffed under the new system. The main strike of frags/blast does not, though I'm not sure about the AoE component of Blast. It was proccing Skoria on PTS :/

Very interested all around, cool idea :)

Thanks, yeah this is definitely meant to be one of those unique quirky builds, not a guaranteed new meta. I view this as viable only with proper debuffs on target (ele drain and siphon). Moondancer is pretty central to it, but I was counting on the spell damage buff not the regen, as the linchpin of this build. I am hoping that the delayed cast time as well as the 3 running dots on target will take care of any sustain issues one may encounter. After all you are only casting liquid lightning, Elemental Blockade, 2 Velocious curses and 4 blasts in the span of 10 seconds. In this same span you are getting the full duration of liquid lightning, full duration of Elemental Blockade and 2 medium weaves all proccing ele drain. Also all of the skills used proc siphon. I think sustain wise combined with your personal regen from potting you should be able to sustain this very well.

I'm not sure if this setup would be viable to run without moondancer, since the damage loss from Force pulse weaves (with Nerieneth) will be hard to outdo without moondancer.

Proxi could be worth adding I'm just not sure what I would want to give up for it. My bars are full right now. As for Velocious as you can see its an important part of my setup.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'd probably end up attempting this without Inner Light for non-trial content to make the room, getting my crit from potions. It's an adjustment I commonly make that isn't a strict dps improvement, but one that allows more skill freedom.

Have you or anyone else had experience with the Moondancer proc? I'm curious whether the behavior matches the tooltip.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow crazy build! Well done.

It is interesting to see people think outside the box and come up with new stuff.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Yep, I'd probably end up attempting this without Inner Light for non-trial content to make the room, getting my crit from potions. It's an adjustment I commonly make that isn't a strict dps improvement, but one that allows more skill freedom.

Have you or anyone else had experience with the Moondancer proc? I'm curious whether the behavior matches the tooltip.

Hey removing Inner Light would lose you 7% magicka and that's huge so I wouldn't recommend it. As for moondancer I tested it extensively on pts. Once you get the proc you can reproc it instantly if it's a proc that you don't want...just a matter of finding a synergy. Learning how to use it effectively will be a process though.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you get the proc you can reproc it instantly if it's a proc that you don't want...just a matter of finding a synergy. Learning how to use it effectively will be a process though.

Interesting, thanks. I was under the impression it would lock you for 30s to one type. The actual behavior allows a bit more freedom of choice.
    Edited by Erraln on April 12, 2016 4:26PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revamped for Dark Brotherhood
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Build is really unique and does amazingly well. Nice job thinking outside the box!
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    Build is really unique and does amazingly well. Nice job thinking outside the box!

Group effort!
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »

Group effort!

was def fun trying to sort it out, time for the gear grind!
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh it's a group build!

Saw your build in Foundry and was curious. So I took a closer look. Cool build, Aether looks cool.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh it's a group build!

Saw your build in Foundry and was curious. So I took a closer look. Cool build, Aether looks cool.

Apparently the drop rate is good on it.
  • Dthhwk
    Dthhwk
    ✭✭
    Aweosme Build Nos! I wanna see it in action!

Guilds: Westwind Claws| Legion of the Bloodworks

Kyolus | Templar | DC | Stamina DPS
    Aria the Hurricane | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
    Sebastian Shurkan | Dragon Knight | DC | Magicka DPS
    El Blanco Diablo | Nightblade | DC | Tank
    Finds-The-Crit | Nightblade | DC | Stamina DPS
    Shadow Hwk | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
    Shadow Kasai | Nightblade | EP | Magicka DPS
    Life Hwk | Templar | DC | Magicka DPS/Healer
    Lord Testiclies | Dragon Knight | EP |Tank
    Venom Hwk | Dragon Knight | DC | Stamina DPS
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an interesting build and I particularly like that you are using the lightning staff instead of the fire staff as sorcerer's passives tdo pair a lot more with that choice. I also believe this build could draw the best possible HPS from Surge if you included it, so it might be useful for VMA? I don't know... The single target DPs is pretty low, so having a fast bar swap might be needed for bosses or Overload spamming for bosses.
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    This is an interesting build and I particularly like that you are using the lightning staff instead of the fire staff as sorcerer's passives tdo pair a lot more with that choice. I also believe this build could draw the best possible HPS from Surge if you included it, so it might be useful for VMA? I don't know... The single target DPs is pretty low, so having a fast bar swap might be needed for bosses or Overload spamming for bosses.

yeah it is cool to use as well, very different from the meta, and looks badass in action honestly. the single target dps is low yes, but only because it was done on a template character, it actually outparsed forcepulse single target on the same template character. it will likely out dps fp on live too single target, and gets crazy high when you throw even 1 extra mob into the mix. i thing surge would be very viable with this build in vma. but @hedna123b14_ESO has used the build pretty extensively on pts and would be better to answer that one :)
    Edited by iam117 on June 1, 2016 7:55PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    liv3mind wrote: »

yeah it is cool to use as well, very different from the meta, and looks badass in action honestly. the single target dps is low yes, but only because it was done on a template character, it actually outparsed forcepulse single target on the same template character. it will likely out dps fp on live too single target, and gets crazy high when you throw even 1 extra mob into the mix. i thing surge would be very viable with this build in vma. but @hedna123b14_ESO has used the build pretty extensively on pts and would be better to answer that one :)

Yeah like Live said, 25k on a template toon with no buffs with exception of puncture is pretty OP. Can't wait to test this out on a fully decked out toon.
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting build. Well done!

One thing I keep meaning to test out -- does each tick from lightning staff proc crushing wall as well? Does it proc crushing wall on adjacent enemies?
    Edited by dagonbeer on June 1, 2016 8:59PM
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately this particular build isn't the best for VMA. Since a big pat of the damage from this build is a channeled ability (the heavy attack) you are essentially leaving yourself open to full damage and if you do block or cut the channel short you still have to heal up or end up blocking more damage. Movement is too chaotic and mechanics don't allow for unique builds as this to flourish. The other reason is some abilities from this build would need to be changed out to accommodate survival/heal abilities making it less effective.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    Very interesting build. Well done!

One thing I keep meaning to test out -- does each tick from lightning staff proc crushing wall as well? Does it proc crushing wall on adjacent enemies?

Yes. As long as the enemy is near the center of Blockade, each tick of the Lighting Staff heavy attack benefits from the enchant.

There is a current bug with the enchant that if enemies aren't in the right position you lose the bonus damage.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC