The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Downloading DB Patch it is 3.36 GB But My Launcher is downloading 31GB?? Any Ideas?

Immortal_Dark410
Immortal_Dark410
✭✭✭✭
So I opened my launcher to download the DB patch and instead of the 3.36GB that is said the DB patch was it started downloading 31 GB, I have no clue what it is im just wondering is that normal and did it happen to anyone else & What the heck is it?
Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
(ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL

Best Answers

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it isn't downloading 31Gb, it is applying the patch to your files when it says that. The info on your launcher should say "Applying Patch", which means it isn't currently downloading anything.

The patch is just over 3Gb.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Answer ✓
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    No it isn't downloading 31Gb, it is applying the patch to your files when it says that. The info on your launcher should say "Applying Patch", which means it isn't currently downloading anything.

oh ok cool then another question on that basis, each phase of the download does it "Apply the patch" or does it download the whole file and then fully "Apply the patch"?

and thanks alot for the help much appreciated :)

PC NA SERVER

Answer ✓
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

oh ok cool then another question on that basis, each phase of the download does it "Apply the patch" or does it download the whole file and then fully "Apply the patch"?

Usually the download is split into several parts - the main part is the first part, which is applying for you now. Then I think there is another small 50Mb download which then applies, and after that about a 250Mb download which then applies - those last 2 downloading/applying stages are really short though in comparison to the first part of the download. It took me an hour to get to 30% of the progress bar, then about 10 minutes to go from 30% to 100%
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Answer ✓
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭

Usually the download is split into several parts - the main part is the first part, which is applying for you now. Then I think there is another small 50Mb download which then applies, and after that about a 250Mb download which then applies - those last 2 downloading/applying stages are really short though in comparison to the first part of the download. It took me an hour to get to 30% of the progress bar, then about 10 minutes to go from 30% to 100%

ohh snap ok cool thanks really appreciate it, im in the same phase then ending 1st part

PC NA SERVER

Answer ✓
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    download 3 gb of data
    applying patch uncompressing and sorting all the data of 31 gb total i wouldnt worry about it anyway dark the servers are down ... with no eta u have all night to patch i suspect