Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood Is Now Available On PC & Mac!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood Is Now Available On PC & Mac! In celebration of the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack launch, watch our latest trailer, read a special message from ESO's Creative Director, Rich Lambert, and get all the must-know details!

d7c7a06169b839ef78f46dae22696a0c.jpg

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on May 31, 2016 3:10PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the avatars!
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to hop in and try everything out in a few hours!
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Hail Sithis! Most definitely eager to get in on this after playing on the Test Server. And I can FINALLY use my poisons that I've been accumulating....
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Quick followup question: How does on apply poisons to a weapon? Right click or double click? I don't want to accidentally ingest it!
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switching between Two handed weapon and Bow idle is nerfed. My toon holds bow like sword and sword like bow. lol hysterically. Please fix.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should have named this patch the....inquisition. after what happend to sorcs haha.
    Edited by NativeJoe on May 31, 2016 7:48PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    The forums header says that the update is complete. But, the launcher is showing the realm is offline and cannot connect to the servers. Is the update actually finished or not?
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    TTMighty wrote: »
    The forums header says that the update is complete. But, the launcher is showing the realm is offline and cannot connect to the servers. Is the update actually finished or not?

Odd, I logged in an hour ago to buy my new pet and mount, and a few poisons, so I guess they're patching already again?
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, there is a thread open regarding the "we take it back, the servers aren't ready" thing.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268737/server-going-down-in-15-minutes/p1

Apparently there was a glitch in the hamsters and they are being treated.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    We are bringing down the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers to address an item-related issue that was introduced with today’s update. We do not have an ETA at this time, but we’ll provide updates in this thread as we have them—thank you for your patience.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭

Odd, I logged in an hour ago to buy my new pet and mount, and a few poisons, so I guess they're patching already again?
    Mysticman wrote: »
    We are bringing down the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers to address an item-related issue that was introduced with today’s update. We do not have an ETA at this time, but we’ll provide updates in this thread as we have them—thank you for your patience.

While you're here, can you please fill us in RE how to apply poisons/game mechanics around poison?

Thanks!

• Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    Please please please change the synergy between vampire feed and Blade of Woe.... you pay the consequence of eating, which imho the early stages of vampire should give the bonus and deteriorate as you starve. This is kind of backwards. Now I have to wait HOURS to get my speed bonus back when I didn't want to feed in the first place.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• Feen
    Feen
    Soul Shriven
    As far as the Armor Improvements go, I just want to point out that the Altmer heavy armor chest now clips through the Altmer light armor hood ... whereas before it didn't. ;-P
    Edited by Feen on June 1, 2016 4:23AM
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    VD belts still standing out from the clipping about 2 feet and bats don't go off when they're supposed to, PVE or PVP.

The DB robes are very nice, the leather one you get at the beginning not so much. The neck is exposed in a so called full suit and I vote for less butt flaps in armor. Those hanging pieces on every single armor set are annoying and ugly.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Finally, a huge thank you to everyone who's taken the time to jump onto the PTS to give feedback and submit bugs for this update. Your feedback has had a large impact on this DLC and helped us immensely to improve the overall quality."

@ZOS_RichLambert
    Really bud? How can you even say this with a straight face?
    *gap closes two stories up and knocks Rich onto the cold floor*
    /dishonor
    'Chaos
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What's next? Stay tuned for the Bethesda E3 Showcase on June 12th!" AHA! I knew that's when we would hear more!

@Threemoons You just drag it (poisons) to the slot beside your weapon. Or right click and select equip or use or whatever it says :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Db is a copy paste job of thieves guild.
    World bosses have the same spells/mechanics
    Db quests are the same caves with the same design. If it wasn't for all the base game changes thrown in,this would hardly be a an inadequate DLC.is this why they take so long to fix things? So they "fluff up" the dlcs?
    Edited by Mojmir on June 1, 2016 7:25PM
  • davejschraderb14_ESO
    So I guess I won't be on for a few days....Can't even play the game at all..disabled 15 addons and still getting nothing but constant "Zenimax LUA errors" inventory manager problems...black screen...no addons lua errors - its all within the game itself which is freaking incredible to me......You'd think that a launch would be a little more prepared than this......... especially after being on the PTS server for ages.. Really shocked at Zenimax's poor performance as usual.
    Mahogany Johnson - Breton Templar
    Pure Skooma Puma - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade
    Samæl Aun Weor - Imperial Dragonknight T3 Tank
    Ignus ex Draconis - Argonian Templar Healer
    Helios Orcus - Dunmer Dragonknight Yoloknight
    James Tiger’ius Kirk - Khajiit Magika Nightblade
    S A M Æ L – Imperial Stamina Sorcerer
    Tristane Copperfield - Breton Sorcerer
    Paul Usul Muad'Dib - Breton Nightblade Healer
    Rig Heimdall – Nord Dragonknight Tank
    Dracarus Fireborne - Argonian Templar
    Seraphine Hellfire - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Snarklefartz – Breton Sorcerer
  • davejschraderb14_ESO
    I'm starting to feel like every new DLC is just a constant chore of reworking our stuff to be able to play
  • davejschraderb14_ESO
    Zenimax...FIX YOUR ***!
  • davejschraderb14_ESO
    i AM STARTING TO FEEL A HUGE REGRET FOR BUYING SO MANY CROWNS OVER THE YEARS...... You're giving me a bad taste in my mouth with each and every new DLC
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    "What's next? Stay tuned for the Bethesda E3 Showcase on June 12th!" AHA! I knew that's when we would hear more!

@Threemoons You just drag it (poisons) to the slot beside your weapon. Or right click and select equip or use or whatever it says :)

Yeah, figured it out, thank you! Too bad it nulls out your weapon special effects though...
  • aria230
    aria230
    ✭✭
    ZOS you are wondrous, with all the new awesome DLCs and fixes and lore, damn I love the lore. And I cannot express the full extent of my gratitude in words for keeping in touch with the community. It actually shows that you care about your game and care about us having a good time in it. Sure there are mistakes but I've never seen the developers of an MMORPG put so much heart into their relationship with the users. I love you to pieces for this!

And now that Dark Brotherhood DLC is up and running, people are enjoying it, all that good stuff ... would you please, please! For the love of all this work you put into the game and the relationship with us users, please give us the "Appearance customization option" (AKA the Barbershop) next. I've been begging for it for the past 4-6 months and I assure you all my RP friends are anxious for it too (also getting annoyed that it's taking so long to be implemented). I for one am (obviously) desperate for it.
    Edited by aria230 on June 6, 2016 5:17PM
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Please please please change the synergy between vampire feed and Blade of Woe.... you pay the consequence of eating, which imho the early stages of vampire should give the bonus and deteriorate as you starve. This is kind of backwards. Now I have to wait HOURS to get my speed bonus back when I didn't want to feed in the first place.

You probably already figured this out, but if you accidentally feed you can use vampire abilities to advance back to stage four quickly.

Feeding is kind of weird to me anyway, as you suck out a stream of blood rather than bite your victim. That and the ranged active should probably be replaced with something less ridiculous. Mist Form is better now, but still not that great. Bat Swarm is the only vampire ability that performs well and isn't stupid/lore-breaking. Hopefully ZOS will continue to work on this skill line in the future.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)