The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[PS4] Some questions from a new player

percept
percept
Soul Shriven
I'll keep this short.

What's going on with no text channels in eso? Every mmo has then. Even warframe on the consoles has this.

PvP seems to be a mess without text channels. There's no way to state you're lfg or communicate a push. Voip doesn't do it because, from what I've seen nobody uses it.

Is there any point to actually PvPing before max level? I come from a huge pvp back in games like DAoC, Warhammer, WoW, even Dark Souls if you would consider. Everytime I PvP I just get blown the *** up. I ambush for 1k. I get ambushed for 4k. Are there consumables I need to start using or something?

This is a very lonely mmo on consoles. Of course there are a crap ton of people that play, but you either have to use voip, hope they're using voip, or spam the limited premade text bubbles above your head and hope someone sees them and understands the context.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't pvp much myself but go to the nonvet campaign black water I think Use foods for buffs can buy them or learn to craft them yourself and check the bottom of the forum main page many guilds recruiting players there your best source of help
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    percept wrote: »
    I'll keep this short.

What's going on with no text channels in eso? Every mmo has then. Even warframe on the consoles has this.

PvP seems to be a mess without text channels. There's no way to state you're lfg or communicate a push. Voip doesn't do it because, from what I've seen nobody uses it.

Is there any point to actually PvPing before max level? I come from a huge pvp back in games like DAoC, Warhammer, WoW, even Dark Souls if you would consider. Everytime I PvP I just get blown the *** up. I ambush for 1k. I get ambushed for 4k. Are there consumables I need to start using or something?

This is a very lonely mmo on consoles. Of course there are a crap ton of people that play, but you either have to use voip, hope they're using voip, or spam the limited premade text bubbles above your head and hope someone sees them and understands the context.

Basically go the the guild forum, find a good guild in your alliance that pvp's. Join the guild chat and go around with them.

If your new to the game then your going to need a build, learn rotations etc.... Like everyone else had too.

Also 100% go to the non cp campaigns until you get around 300+ cp. You'll figure out what they are when you hit vet ranks.

No one goes into local voice chat because it's full of whiney kids and people who decide blasting music down a mic is a good idea.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...