The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What am I doing wrong

natedawg84
So I have a vr15 dk and I left the game after the sewers came out because I was frustrated that they changed up so many of the skills. But I decided to give it another try. Anywhere outside of pvp I do really well but I've always been a great pvper. Except now for some reason I'm sucking so bad. I have an imperial Stam dk using two hand and 1h and shield. Are Stam dk's not viable anymore or are my skill sets all off. I'm using skills I see frequently on Cryodill but for some reason vr 1 and 2s are killing me. I started a nb and have been doing amazing in non vet but with my dk I am confused to what am I doing wrong

Best Answer

• Vrog
    Vrog
    ✭✭
    I suggest you look up stam DK builds. DKs with their CCs are still very viable in Cyrodiil. Wrecking blow is getting a nerf, though,
    Vrogme - EP Sorcerer
    Vrog-R - EP Sorcerer
    Vrog'em - EP Templar
    Vrogthis - AD Nightblade
    'Vrog - AD Templar
    You Seem Cold - DC Sorcerer
    Vrog's Magical Sword - DC Nightblade
    Answer ✓
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot has changed since IC . I'm not an expert on DK but I do have a lvl30 and I've been able to 1v1 VR16 thanks to battle buff . Now granted , these weren't the best players around either , so I'm not bragging at all . Probably caught most of them off guard .

I play stamina based DK with some magika recovery weaved in the champion points and enchantments . I use two handed and sword n board . Two handed for dps and sword and board for my buff line and breaking off for regen . Dragon leap for jumping back in the fight .

It takes a lot more resource control to play DK and a little more patience to win . I think they're some good builds on YouTube but builds are only as good as the player behind them .
  • natedawg84
    It's probably because I've been out of the game for so long but I'll mess around with some builds
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a burst meta game now. Stam dk needs wb to be viable in most scenarios outside of dueling. The combo is Wrecking blow connect into take flight then execute. If you drag the fight out you can chain WB and they run out of stam they die. but high regen and high damage is easy to obtain with cp system, making this tactic work on noobs mainly.
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    natedawg84 wrote: »
    So I have a vr15 dk and I left the game after the sewers came out because I was frustrated that they changed up so many of the skills. But I decided to give it another try. Anywhere outside of pvp I do really well but I've always been a great pvper. Except now for some reason I'm sucking so bad. I have an imperial Stam dk using two hand and 1h and shield. Are Stam dk's not viable anymore or are my skill sets all off. I'm using skills I see frequently on Cryodill but for some reason vr 1 and 2s are killing me. I started a nb and have been doing amazing in non vet but with my dk I am confused to what am I doing wrong

ok honestly it's probably your gear and level that are holding you back the most, get a decent meta build to start with, gold wep and WB with leap and enjoy your AP
    champion 600+
    50 high elf templar (stormproof)
    50 redguard templar
    50 redguard DK (stormproof)
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade