The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buying ESO+ vs buying crowns

DesTeco
DesTeco
Soul Shriven
I do not know if this is the right place, but i was wondering:
if i can buy ESO+ and get crowns, and after my membership ends buy the DLCs with the crowns i got from the plus membership, why buying crowns is worth if i can grab the eso+?

Best Answers

• DesTeco
    DesTeco
    Soul Shriven
    Every now and then they have a sale on Crowns. I've not heard of a similar sale for ESO+.

Also, until Crafting Bags came out the benefits for subbing were minimal--with the introduction of those, plus the release of more and more DLC, it's getting to be a better option. But for about a year prior to Imperial City coming out, there was nothing in the way of new DLC, so subbing perks consisted of...slightly more gold and XP. And Crowns you didn't have any DLC to spend on.
    You don't need a credit card for eso+. You can also use paypal or simply buy game time cards.
    The crown store is mostly for people who spend more than 1,5k crowns per month.
    for people who don't have access to credit card perhaps?
    mrdankles wrote: »
    Yes. I sub when new DLC comes out. I use my crowns for IC and mounts

can't I use paypal to buy crowns only?
    and if don't care that much about cosmetics, but only about the DLC's?
    Answer ✓
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Eso+ costs you about 100 euros a year. You get additional perks - the value of them is hard to estimate, that's really up to you.

Buying individual dlc with quarterly releases could cost you about 10 000 crowns, perhaps more but should be <15 000. That equals what .. 55-75 euro?

Since zos is imo really working on making eso+ more attractive.. I guess you see where this is heading. For me personally, I've reached a point where subbing outweighs having to hoard the crowns :)

So my answer to your question - no, it's not worth to buy crowns->dlc from my perspective. It's like keeping driving to the farthest cheap store despite having other nearby stores lower their prices. It's a waste of time and summa summarum you don't win anything by it.
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Answer ✓
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I sub when new DLC comes out. I use my crowns for IC and mounts
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    for people who don't have access to credit card perhaps?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need a credit card for eso+. You can also use paypal or simply buy game time cards.
    The crown store is mostly for people who spend more than 1,5k crowns per month.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then they have a sale on Crowns. I've not heard of a similar sale for ESO+.

Also, until Crafting Bags came out the benefits for subbing were minimal--with the introduction of those, plus the release of more and more DLC, it's getting to be a better option. But for about a year prior to Imperial City coming out, there was nothing in the way of new DLC, so subbing perks consisted of...slightly more gold and XP. And Crowns you didn't have any DLC to spend on.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.