Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prophet calling back SO soon, almost immediate bug

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
[spoilers ahead]

After saving Lyris, I read a book and went out. I made 10 or so steps and while on the beach (Aldmeri Dominion), in front of his door, I was called back by the Prophet again! It was so soon immediate!

Well, I talked to him and he said "After many days of meditating..." Days? You mean few minutes and seconds?

This bug makes the progress calculated and ruins the immersion of the main game quest a bit... Please fix it, it's been a while.

Edited by maboleth on April 1, 2016 1:00AM
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    From what I have read, the main quest builds one event per 5 character levels, beginning with level 5. If you wait too long in between, you backlog them and completing one will initiate the next one immediately until you are caught up..... So if you did the initial quest at level 5, but didn't go back until level 20, you will have three quests backed up that will go off one right after another.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ This is correct. The quest you just completed is the Level 10 quest, so if you are at or above Level 15, you'll get the next one immediately. That's not a bug, that's you breaking your own immersion by not heeding the Prophet's call for "urgency" five levels ago ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thanks. That explains everything, but still isn't well in my opinion. Elder Scrolls games are about choice and Main Quest is scaled, so there shouldn't really be any obligation or level "catching up". It's true that Prophet's urgency fell on deaf ears ;), but there was so much to do, so little time (tm).
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually this is well because I just did the first quest on my NB last night & I wanted to do the others as well do you suggest I wait days before doing them?

You just said it's about choice OP so you aren't forced to listen to him now ( since you didn't listen to him last time either ) point is OP the game is just trying to let you know that when you are ready you can go to the Harborage and do your next storyline quest ( be grateful ) there was a time the prophet was bugged for ppl and would not appear even if they used wayshrines...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Agree Duiwel. I didn't get used to this in ES games before. I guess that's why it felt so strange.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Duiwel He wasn't bugged he was just busy hunting down the amulet of kings and buying replacement pots for Cadwell's head. He wanted to contact all his vestige peeps he was just busy
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ^ This is correct. The quest you just completed is the Level 10 quest, so if you are at or above Level 15, you'll get the next one immediately. That's not a bug, that's you breaking your own immersion by not heeding the Prophet's call for "urgency" five levels ago ;)
    agree.gif

Just FYI, you can also ignore any of the main quest (and Mages and Fighters guild if you want to) until you reach VR ranks and then just do all of them back to back. That's what i have been doing with my alts.

That way, rewards are scaled to the VR levels, which isn't a big deal for the main quest rewards but quite nice for the guild rewards.
    bye1.gif
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol well I hope you enjoy the quests OP :smile:
    Surragard wrote: »
    @Duiwel He wasn't bugged he was just busy hunting down the amulet of kings and buying replacement pots for Cadwell's head. He wanted to contact all his vestige peeps he was just busy

Hasn't he done enough? I didn't even know he could still run with his brittle bones :smiley:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so eventually, I have caught up with the main quest. Every 5 levels I received the call from prophet. I've just done the quest of Sancre Tor at lev 40. As soon as I went outside and headed to the city, Prophet called again and Council of the Five Companions started.

Shouldn't that start at lev45? I'm currently lv 40.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few months after launch they dropped the requirement for the last main quest down from 50 to 45; at the same time, the dropped Council of the Five down from 45 to 40.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can pick and choose when to do the main/mages/fighters guild storyline quests as they scale to your current level anyway. I raced from about level 25 to Vr1 during 'Cake Week' without doing any of them and completed them one after the other once I hit Vet level. All this meant was that there were a few skill points coming when I did do them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.