The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Amount of top tier crafting mats needed for V16/CP160 the same after DB

Dhukath
Dhukath
✭✭✭
So currently to craft V16 gear (pre Dark Brotherhood) a large amount of mats are required compared to V15. With the introduction of Dark Brotherhood all characters will be scaled to the highest current Veteran rank CP equivalent e.g. If you currently have 1 Vet16, 1 Vet5 and 1 Vet1 after the DB update you will have 3 x CP160 (Old V16).

Now if the same number of mats are required that's a lot to find in order to craft top level gear in one go.

So is this the case or have the required amounts been reduced?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount to craft V16 or 160 CP gear will remain the same. You can either craft V15 / 150 CP gear to fill the void, or do what I'm doing and fill the slots for my alts by buying up Bahraha's Curse and Syvarra Scales for cheap. Yeah they're generic gear, but they're usually very cheap at guild traders and have interesting end bonuses.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 those mats are going for so cheap you would be stupid not to stack up on them. I bought some Rubidite for around 4k a stack the other day and buy more everytime its around that price. Ruby Ash is going for around 2500g per stack and Ancestor Silk and Rubedo leather going for around 10k. I have a mule that his only purpose is to hold all the V16 mats and he's got almost 70 stacks of them.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    On PS4 those mats are going for so cheap you would be stupid not to stack up on them. I bought some Rubidite for around 4k a stack the other day and buy more everytime its around that price. Ruby Ash is going for around 2500g per stack and Ancestor Silk and Rubedo leather going for around 10k. I have a mule that his only purpose is to hold all the V16 mats and he's got almost 70 stacks of them.

PS4 prices are much higher, Ruby Ingots are around 2000 a stack and Ruby Ash stand around 1000 a stack. Cloth is around 9000 and Leather is 10k and over on PC/NA.