The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Highest Crit Chance

C0wrex
C0wrex
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys! Out of curiosity, what's the highest crit chance a player can achieve?

Thanks!
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over 100% physical, with a Khajiit wearing Daggers, using The Thief, and gearing for it. Guaranteed critical strike.

After that, what are your constraints? Does every slot have to contribute to a set with a % crit line on it? Most people run less than the absolute theoretical max because there are other bonuses that help you out more.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit racials
    7x medium
    2x precise daggers
    Evil Hunter
    Thief mundus with 7x divines

Sets like Hundings Rage and Briarheart to buff weapon crit.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Over 100% physical, with a Khajiit wearing Daggers, using The Thief, and gearing for it. Guaranteed critical strike.

After that, what are your constraints? Does every slot have to contribute to a set with a % crit line on it? Most people run less than the absolute theoretical max because there are other bonuses that help you out more.

@Erraln On theory, let's say we are using all dual handed skill tree abilities and a dawnbreaker ultimate.
    Edited by C0wrex on May 26, 2016 11:14AM
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna Does Briarheart have rings? :)

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    C0wrex wrote: »

Yes, it does

http://esoacademy.com/orsinium-item-sets/
    PC - EU (AD)
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it does

Ohhh okay cool!

@Septimus_Magna

How does this sound:

Breton Vampire Nightblade

5/5 Hunding's Rage
    4/5 Night Mother (The dual wield weapon)
    3/5 Briarheart (The jewelry)

All running on Divines with Thief Stone
    Weapons are running on Precise

Ultimate: Flawless Dawnbreaker

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3x Agility jewelry will give a bigger dmg boost (1400 stam and 186 weapon dmg).
    Its pretty hard to get the v16 Robust Briarheart jewelry because its BoP from Wrothgar world boss dailies.

Agility jewelry is BoE but a little expensive, at least the rings.
    PC - EU (AD)
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it does

Ohhh okay cool!

@Septimus_Magna

How does this sound:

5/5 Hunding's Rage

Seems a bit like overkill (lol) to stack into crit so significantly - remember that once you have 30 points in the Ritual you get an extra 12% weapon critical.

My Khajiit NB has about 90% crit, with 5 x HR, 2 x NM, 1 x MK, 1 x BS, 3 x Agility - though I often drop the 1 x BS for a third piece NM when I don't need the extra stamina regen (siphoning attacks).

If you wanted to get the most DPS out of it, then I think dropping the Thief mundus and picking up the Shadow would be best. You can use your described gear to make up for the Thief and still be in the 80-90% crit, plus the increased crit damage from Shadow. Pair that with both Minor & Major Force (re-arming trap & aggressive war horn) to get the most out of it.

On the other hand, now that Briarheart comes in weapons, there will be some interesting 5 x HR + 5 x BH build appearing.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

Yes, it does

Ohhh okay cool!

@Septimus_Magna

How does this sound:

5/5 Hunding's Rage

Seems a bit like overkill (lol) to stack into crit so significantly - remember that once you have 30 points in the Ritual you get an extra 12% weapon critical.

My Khajiit NB has about 90% crit, with 5 x HR, 2 x NM, 1 x MK, 1 x BS, 3 x Agility - though I often drop the 1 x BS for a third piece NM when I don't need the extra stamina regen (siphoning attacks).

If you wanted to get the most DPS out of it, then I think dropping the Thief mundus and picking up the Shadow would be best. You can use your described gear to make up for the Thief and still be in the 80-90% crit, plus the increased crit damage from Shadow. Pair that with both Minor & Major Force (re-arming trap & aggressive war horn) to get the most out of it.

On the other hand, now that Briarheart comes in weapons, there will be some interesting 5 x HR + 5 x BH build appearing.

Ohhhhh okay thanks :) Wll see if I can retool the build I'm working on :) Thanks a lot!

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna Just checked out Agility again and the bonuses. I guess I'll go with the Agi rings then :D (That bonus to stamina)

Thanks! :)

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    100% crit chance can be translated to +50% dmg;

but if you use fire opal, 2 swords and flawless dawnbreaker that means +27% dmg and you can still use expert hunter (+10%), medium armor (+21%) and thief stone (+5%) for a nice +46% crit chance. Not to mention the set buffs and divines, if used.
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fellenore_Ewalion Won't the expert hunter passive only work on Undead and Daedra? :open_mouth:

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fellenore_Ewalion Won't the expert hunter passive only work on Undead and Daedra? :open_mouth:

Nope, Expert Hunter passively grants you 10% crit irrespective of your enemy!

EDIT: Gah, sorry for the summon Fellenore_Ewalion - didn't catch the tag in my quote
    Edited by Panth141 on May 26, 2016 2:08PM
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

Nope, Expert Hunter passively grants you 10% crit irrespective of your enemy!

EDIT: Gah, sorry for the summon Fellenore_Ewalion - didn't catch the tag in my quote

@Panth141 Ohhhhh okay cool! Thanks :) Looks like I'll be retooling my main build then :)

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always heard less than 50% crit chance, go Thief, more than 50% go Shadow. What's the max gain for the crit damage 
    modifier? Night Blades with Hemorrhage and full Precise Strikes plus Trap Beast, plus All divines with a divines shield, and 
    Shadow Mundus? How much would that increase crits?