The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest sneaking?

rictic77_ESO
rictic77_ESO
Soul Shriven
So I'm running an experiment and so far the Fiord's Legacy set doesn't seem to be working with sneaking speed. I figured it would because it says movement and not sprint speed. I know it is working with the sprinting because I can see the animation going slightly faster and the movement going faster. I just don't see it working with the sneaking.

What I'm wanting to test is seeing how fast I can sneak from one place to another.

1. class night blade - ability slotted "Concealed weapon" for increased sneak speed
2. armor set Night's silence - 5 piece bonus removes movement penalty for sneaking
3. armor set Fiord's Legacy - 5 piece bonus increases MOVEMENT speed (this is what I'm wondering is it movement or sprinting speed because I don't see it working with sneaking)
4. vampire passive dark stalker to increase sneak speed
5. pvp ability Rapid Maneuver
6. Steed mundus stone effect

Has anyone tried this at all?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double take,quick cloak,refreshing path,roll dodge bow passive,orc passives
  • rictic77_ESO
    rictic77_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The orc's racial passives increase sprinting speed not sneaking speed. I am wanting to sneak not sprint. It specifically says sprinting speed.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You would have liked early in the games life when you could stack sneaking bonuses and sneak faster than horses.
    PC/EU DC
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick out the Dark Stalker and don't sneak at all. Stack your movement speed buffs and cast cloak and you'll walk faster than a fully-fed horse at dead sprint.
  • rictic77_ESO
    rictic77_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You guys are not getting it.... I want to sneak not sprint. I would much rather sneak up to a player very fast than to have them see me. If I wanted to sprint I would have asked about the sprinting or would have looked at the other posts that were made about it.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't run all of those at once. Major buffs don't stack. But you can sneak very fast. In fact faster than a horse can sprint.
  • sunskater
    sunskater
    So I'm running an experiment and so far the Fiord's Legacy set doesn't seem to be working with sneaking speed. I figured it would because it says movement and not sprint speed. I know it is working with the sprinting because I can see the animation going slightly faster and the movement going faster. I just don't see it working with the sneaking.

What I'm wanting to test is seeing how fast I can sneak from one place to another.

1. class night blade - ability slotted "Concealed weapon" for increased sneak speed
    2. armor set Night's silence - 5 piece bonus removes movement penalty for sneaking
    3. armor set Fiord's Legacy - 5 piece bonus increases MOVEMENT speed (this is what I'm wondering is it movement or sprinting speed because I don't see it working with sneaking)
    4. vampire passive dark stalker to increase sneak speed
    5. pvp ability Rapid Maneuver
    6. Steed mundus stone effect

Has anyone tried this at all?

If you run with 5-pc Night's Silence, you will move in stealth as fast as you would without sneaking. You could possibly lighten or "well-fit" the gear for a slight buff, but you really won't get better than NS for what you want and I levelled my stamblade using it with excellent results. (I was ALWAYS stealthy).

Keep in mind that NS is for stamina. Shadow Dancer is the magic version.
    Valan'yi (AD): CP160+ Bosmer stamblade ranger.
    Ayannis (DC): CP160+ Breton magplar healer.
    Sarsthor (EP): Lv7 Nord dragonknight tank...someday...

Master Clothier & Woodworker. All levels & sets, 9 traits, many styles. All enchantments.
    Provisions, potions & poisons available for all situations (except Psijic Ambrosia).

PSN: Sunskater
    PS4/NA
  • rictic77_ESO
    rictic77_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am aware of the Shadow Dancer set. That is actually what got me to look up the other sets to see if there was a stamina/crafted version and found it :)

Honestly a %15 movement increase should stack with a %25 movement increase (from concealed weapon) because one is major and one is minor sort of situation. I say that because I can use the armor set NS to remove movement penalty so that isn't a + to speed but I can use Rapid Maneuver along with the concealed weapon movement increase. Is it because one is a passive and the other is a buff? I mean %25 plus a %30 move increase shouldn't stack if that is the case. The way you are presenting it makes it seem that one should override the other but it doesn't.

Honestly it sounds like Zenimax put a speed cap on sneaking but really they shouldn't have nerfed the sneaking. I'm a great scout.... but when it comes to combat because of all the sneak bonuses I lack damage and my only survivability is getting the heck out of there while I can. Now if I'm missing something then please tell me I would like to know :)
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do Night Silence and Dark Stalker stack?

I though both just remove the 'snare' that you get when you crouch.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do Night Silence and Dark Stalker stack?

I though both just remove the 'snare' that you get when you crouch.

No they do not stack, and I was one of those guys sneaking at the speed of light on his argonian nightblade early in the game. It was a lot of fun.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. One of my friends rolled a toon into the ultimate sneaker. Vampire bosmer nightblade. Hitting path of darkness or rapid manoeuvres , the character can sneak faster than my horse.

I always told him to do a build video, but all he did was this reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4a4b3q/tg_easy_mode_how_to_master_sneak/
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major Expedition does not stack. So using Rapid Maneveuer, Double-take, and Refreshing Path at the same time will only provide 30% speed.

I have not tested Fjord's Legacy, but it may be a misleading tooltip and only increase sprint speed. Either way, unless you want to play battle leveled as a non-vet for an extended period of time, the set is not viable since it currently only drops in levels 15-23.

"Dark Stalker" passive from Vampire, 5pc bonus from Night's Silence, and 5 pc. from Shadow Dancer all provide the same buff and do not stack.

The steed only affects running speed.

The fastest and most functional combination I have found is a Magicka NB Vampire (Or Shadow Dancer) with Concealed weapon slotted. Go into stealth and spam Double Take every 4 seconds. It is the fastest combination I have found, but did take a slight nerf in the last patch with Major Expedition being reduced to 30% from 40%.

As a stam build you can go Night's Silence or Vampire. You can take the concealed weapon morph, however, then you lose Surprise Attack which is a great damage ability. Concealed weapon would take up a spot on your bar, and not be a viable damage ability since it scales with Magicka and spell damage. If you take Surprise attack, you can still use double take and be very fast, but will be 24% slower than using Concealed Weapon.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I burn siege weapons in Cyro, I go:

Cloak + CW + Retreat man.

No need to sneak

Maybe I'll try Fiord's.

Another option is to unlock windrunner from the lover's const, though I consider War Mount way better
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique