Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Clothier survey

Azurya
Azurya
✭✭✭✭✭
why is it not possible to have with this survey to earn some hides to produce medium armor? We only get mats for light armor and that would be fine as there were just this type of armor required, but also there is medium armor required and so it would be just fair to lay at the place were the survey brings you to find there either materials for light armor or mats for medium!! I am thinking about some dead animals were you should get the hide off. That would be just fine! Thanks in advantage.

Best Answers

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I have now 5 chars wearing medium armor and it is not fair why all other needs have a chance in a daily to get survey for their material and as a medium armour wearer you just have NO chance.

And about killing animals, you have a little chance to gain 1 piece of rubedo-leather, therfore as you cut wood, gain ore in the countryside or pick some ancestor-silk you always get at least 3 pieces, that is just unfair!

Zenimax, please do something about this! I know you hate stamina-builds, cauze that is why we get nerfed all the time, but after all we are in the game and we want our stuff!!
    Answer ✓
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs are a good source for Mats, and they respawn super quick! ;)
    PC/EU DC
    Answer ✓
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a very good point. Never thought about it before.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually just slaughter everything I see while collecting surveys, turns any survey into one that returns leather scraps!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather animal mobs have a higher drop rate, it can suck when I wipe out a group of Scorpions in Craglorn and not a single one has loot. The Jackals and Welwas are better with a higher chance of getting Shadowhide Scraps when I find them. I would do dungeons, but they drop Rubedite Leather Scraps which I have a lot, but doesn't help me when my daily writs need Shadowhide.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    A pile of rotting corpses to skin out. I often thought the same thing before they increased the drop rate. Before they increased it I was buying rubedo leather to complete my writs now I have time to do other things besides killing 50 things for 1 scrap piece of rubedo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one Survey Location in Wrothgar that has a couple of Bears nearby you can kill.

I think something like this should be near, not on top, and not in aggro range, but close enough to be convenient to all clothing surveys. Put a small herd of animals that we can fight, or not, to gather leathers. These animals will drop a larger amount of hides and only be present when the Survey Location is active in our instance.
    Edited by Nestor on May 19, 2016 5:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Wrothgar public dungeon and you can collect a ton of scraps there.