Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood Deep-Dive: Updates to The Crown Store and ESO Plus"

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we expect the crownstore showcase for june anytime soon-ish?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my empty guild bank , it will now be dyeable costumes n siege weapons
    :wink:
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Extra character slots for 1500? Let's do a little math here, shall we? The max number of character slots is 4, so 6000 crowns total. A pack of 5500 crowns costs $39.99, so if all crowns are bought at the optimal price, that comes out to $43.63 for 6000 crowns (assuming you have a use for the extra 5000 crowns, as you'd have to spend 79.98 to get all 6000 crowns at this price), which works out to about $10.90 per character slot. If you are able to get the crowns on one of the 40% off sales, the absolute best price you can figure for character slots is $6.54 each.

Now, digital copies of ESO periodically go on sale for as little as $24. This means that if one is willing to wait for such a sale, one can purchase two copies of the game for $48. As each copy comes with eight character slots, you can get 16 slots for less than $5 more than what only four extra slots will cost in the Crown Store. This works out to only $3 per character, less than a third of the cost per slot in the Crown Store, or less than half if you got the crowns on sale.

Sorry ZOS, this one is a miss. If you really want to make money off of the character slots, take a cue from some of your competitors (SWTOR, etc.): make the slots inexpensive (~$5 each at regular price), and raise the maximum to something high like 24 or 48, and you will likely have players picking these up in large quantities. As it is, with the alternative available of using extra accounts, the value just isn't there; the cost is still too high to justify the convenience of having these characters on the same account.

I know that some may disagree with me, but any who prefers to get more bang for their buck is going to be looking at these slots the same way, weighing costs and options and realizing that 16 slots are a much better value than four at a similar price.
    Edited by Blackbird71 on May 29, 2016 2:58PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Blackbird71 Are you taking into consideration the additional cost of having to buy DLCs more than once for the extra account(s) or the extra cost of subscription for more than one account if you did that instead?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Blackbird71 Are you taking into consideration the additional cost of having to buy DLCs more than once for the extra account(s) or the extra cost of subscription for more than one account if you did that instead?

Not to mention you don't get to share champion points with those extra two accounts.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

Yes there are drawbacks to multiple accounts, but it really comes down to a question of how much extra content do you want available to every character?

Personally, I'm not interested in all of the DLCs; there might be one, maybe two at most, that I'd want on multiple accounts, but I honestly would probably be fine with only having DLC on one primary account; when you're running that many characters, you're not doing it to get them all through all content; you do it for the sake of variety. Seasoned "altoholics" know that most of their characters may not ever reach max level; and such is often not the end goal for most characters on your account(s). With a little planning, DLCs would be irrelevant to extra accounts.

Even still, you could easily get one extra account for eight slots, plus a couple of DLCs for that account, for less than the price of four character slots on the main account. That still would be twice as good of a deal as these slots.

Everyone is going to have a different threshold for the value of this convenience (having the additional slots on the same account); I'm just informing ZOS that this price does not meet mine. More slots available for a lower cost would be a much better value to me.
    Edited by Blackbird71 on May 30, 2016 3:03PM
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    Love the crafting bag, but please make it available for purchase sometime in the future. I'd be willing to pay a fair amount for this just so I don't have to fight with bank space and all the time the bank shuffle takes. It is not, however, worth a monthly subscription for me, since my playtime is sporadic, especially in the summer.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do not see credible reasoning to pay you more money to build/create new characters.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • feyreisa12
    feyreisa12
    ✭✭
    i do not see credible reasoning to pay you more money to build/create new characters.

Then this part of the DLC isn't for you. I, personally, am really looking forward to it so I can try a number of configurations for race and class types. Not to mention mule space for more armor sets to try lots of configurations and see what works best for which characters.

Having said that, the crafting bag is worth the price of admission for me :)

Now, if only we could change race or class on an existing character.
    NA PS4 - Whitehotwilson - Guildmaster, Crafters & Traders
    Galerial - C160 High Elf Sorc