The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Overload causes strange beeping noises. Any insights?

Feynn
Feynn
✭✭✭
I have noticed that sometimes when I am casting light attacks with the Overload ultimate my computer makes strange beeping noises. Usually at the same time Overload also bugs out, for example it gets stuck in heavy attack or simply doesn't do anything. I wondered whether it might be an issue with windows and specific key combinations, but I tried running around and casting normal light attacks and it doesn't cause any issues, it's only when Overload is active. Any idea what that might be? How can I fix this? Thank you for your answers.
Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • SlappyThePoptart
    SlappyThePoptart
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using the 64bit client? That usually has some audio bugs.
    For the Aldmeri Pact of Daggerfall!
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I can get my overload bugged out easy but have not notices any burps or farts along with it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is causing some audio anomalies. I'm hesitating to use overload because it is so haywired.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I am using the 32-bit client on a 64-bit system (my video card apparently is not recent enough to support the 64-bit client).
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using any of the keys that might cause sticky keys to activate? Try binding the scroll wheel on your mouse to attack with overload. That supposedly helps it not to bug out. See if that helps with the beeping as well
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think sticky keys is the problem, because I don't get the sticky keys pop up notification. I could try using the scroll wheel if that helps, but to be honest it's not very comfortable to click.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use it to click. I think you can bind the scrolling to activate the attacks. That means that you won't be able to zoom in and out very easily though so it depends on how you want to play :P
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"