The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

64 bit client problems

jitter1127
jitter1127
Soul Shriven
I have been having some problems with the 64 bit client. First of all it was working fine till about 2 days ago. I tried to launch it and it froze up before I even got to the character screen and I had a hard time unfreezing the PC just to end the task. Before that day I had an incident where my character was not walking. He would just like slide around. When I mounted my horse I was standing on top of it, and the horse just slid around as well. I restarted the PC and it worked and I did the banished cells dungeon, and when I came out mudcrabs and giant bats were all flourescent pink. All other textures seemed ok. I have not had any issues with the 32 bit client.
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it get frustrating when you enter something like the above and nobody answers?

I'm not having any problems (besides the glitchy scratchy sound issues) with the 64 bit client. BUT what I have to do is run the 64 bit client from the desktop rather than from the launcher.
    I would like to run the launcher, read what news there is, have the program look for an update, the after pressing play, know that the 64bit version of the client is working. Huh gang? Can we get that done?

Otherwise, I'm running the launcher, shutting it down, then doing the 64 bit from the desktop.

Support: DO you have an eta for a fix on this? What's holding it up?

Love the game...