Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO used to work on my laptop but now directx version not supported.

Tripping_Moses
Tripping_Moses
Soul Shriven
So, I definitely logged quite a few hours on ESO playing on my laptop and then one day it just stopped launching from the launcher saying that my directx version is not supported. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, which I know only supports up to dx10, but had no problems launching the game and playing for over four months, then I think around the time Thieves Guild dlc came out it stopped working. I did notice a discrepancy in my dxdiag, where it says I have dx11 but the ddi version says 10.1, so does anyone know if this is just me having dx11 installed and my card not supporting it and if I downgrade it back to dx10 it might work? Actually, upon further inspection I see that dx11 is part of windows 7 so there is no way to get rid of it, but this memory card seems to only support up to dx10 yet it's worked with no problem for years? I'm super confused now haha. Any input will be much appreciated.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must have missed the patch notes a few updates back when ZOS announced that they now only support DX11 on the PC and the fracas that followed here in the forums.

And to top that off, they also removed OpenGL support for the PC version, which would have let you play even if you only have DX10.
    dry.gif

edited to remove profanity
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 25, 2016 3:02PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    With the Thieves Guild update, there have been some major changes to ESO's game engine. As a result, the game now makes full use of the minimum requirements. Previously, systems that were under the minimum requirements may have been able to run the game on low settings. Now, all systems must meet the requirements in order to play. These requirements include a DirectX 11 compliant video card.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tripping_Moses
    Tripping_Moses
    Soul Shriven
    Well that's poopy, thanks for the feedback.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    ... and the fracas that followed here in the forums ...
    edited to remove profanity

Haha, nice edit there ZOS. Fracas also happens to be one of my favorite local bands ...
    headbanger.gif