Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can you get metallic dye

Hallothiel
Hallothiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Have Trinimac's Blessed Placket and it is a gorgeous dark red / deep blue in different light , such as the metallic colour on a peacock - what is giving it ability & is it possible to do it for other items such as ones I've crafted?

Any help gratefully received.

Best Answers

• BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    I'm on the PS4 so not sure how to do a screen shot let alone then manage to post it on here otherwise would have done! Sorry but if someone more tech-savvy about consoles can tell me how, will do.

Transliminal violet is a wonderful name.

PS4 screenshots are super easy.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Upload_Screenshots
    Answer ✓
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still trying to get an image.

Have checked & perhaps a better term would be iridescant.

Noticed that using the rare red dye for EP hero reward gives a metallic sheen even when used on medium armour

Is there any online resource that sjows the dyes & their different effects, or is it just a case of playing around and seeing what can be done?!

Answer ✓
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    I would like to see more true metallic dyes myself.
    Agreed!

I know this is slightly off from the actual question being asked here, but my first thought at seeing the title was that I would really like the dyes with metallic sounding names to look metallic on any material so that you could reliably make part of a light or medium piece look like it’s made of metal instead. This would be particularly useful when mixing gear types where it is particularly hard to get a matching color scheme.

As for the question of an iridescent red dye, usually it’s the rare ones that have a more shiny or iridescent look to them, but it really varies a lot depending on what you are applying it to. I think some parts of some pieces are just not programed to ever show a sheen, while others almost always look that way regardless of the dye used. I know that’s not very helpful…

You might try looking at some of the custom outfits people post pictures of on esofashion.com sometimes people take the time to list all the information, sometimes they don’t, but it can be a way of getting ideas of how things look.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on May 23, 2016 7:18PM
    Answer ✓
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I am not familiar with that specific dye off the top of my head, but there are plenty of dyes which give a sort of metallic hue to your gear. Sometimes it also varies on the gear itself. The say dye may look different if applied to different gear. You just need to experiment!
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, as items are Improved, they get shinier and sometimes more metal looking, even the leathers and cloths.

The other thing to remember, is every dye looks either a little different, or a lot different, on different materials and Racial Styles. In other words, what color combo looks really good on one set of gear may not look all that good on another, or vice versa. I hit randomize a few times to see what direction I want to try things in if I can't readily find a combo that works.

Edited by Nestor on May 17, 2016 3:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the replies - I apologise if I was not clear in my post. I got the item like that and wanted to know if there was anything that replicated the effect as it is so beautiful.

But when I was checking stuff online saw a picture of someone wearing the same item & it was just a dull gold colour! I have not dyed the item at all so slightly curious as to why it is like it is for me & not for others as have yet to see anyone in anything similar.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you supply a screen shot?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Can you supply a screen shot?
    agree.gif
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be transliminal violet?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Nirnhoned red is. It's kind of a dusty brownish, but in the right lighting it's got this nice red sheen.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Transliminal appears golden on most base materials.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on the PS4 so not sure how to do a screen shot let alone then manage to post it on here otherwise would have done! Sorry but if someone more tech-savvy about consoles can tell me how, will do.

Transliminal violet is a wonderful name.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BucFanJKE

Thank you but not on Twitter or Facebook which appear to be the only way Sony thinks you should share images! But shall explore further a way with the app or just a damn usb stick....
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Transliminal appears golden on most base materials.

More of a green gold, than a true gold.

But I believe OP means pearlescent instead of metallic.

Certain armours look metallic though regardless of dye which is awesome.

I would like to see more true metallic dyes myself.

Akatosh Gold is a good metallic gold.

Various of the Steel and grey dyes in the bottom row of the common dye section ( mostly in the middle ) are metallic looking play around with them.

Daedric red also looks quite metallic on most armours.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."