The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templar Weapon Glow

Rraith
Rraith
✭✭
Greetings,

I am a new player playing a templar. Sometimes my weapon starts to glow and it stays that way. I suspect the templar ability Solar Flare causes it. Is this working as intended or some kind of a bug? The screenshot below might explain it better.
imgur.com/soGOSdg
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    The glow is the enchantment on your weapon.

Some skills can activate a glow on the weapon too : Molten Armaments of the Dragon Knight (if a DK cast it near you, you'll be affected), Evil Hunter (Fighter's Guild tree), Siphonning Attacks (Nightblade Siphonning tree)
    Templars don't have any.

By the look of your screen, it looks like a fire enchantment. Check your weapon, you probably have one ;)
    Edited by Usara on May 22, 2016 5:45PM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Rraith
    Rraith
    ✭✭
    Usara wrote: »

Some skills can activate a glow on the weapon too : Molten Armaments of the Dragon Knight (if a DK cast it near you, you'll be affected), Evil Hunter (Fighter's Guild tree), Siphonning Attacks (Nightblade Siphonning tree)
    Templars don't have any.

By the look of your screen, it looks like a fire enchantment. Check your weapon, you probably have one ;)

Thanks a lot for your valuable insight :blush:
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rraith
    Usara wrote: »

Templars don't have any.

Ah, I was just playing with my Templar and I was wrong. Solar Barrage does indeed put a glow on the weapon, I was so sure it was on the hands, but no it is on the weapon. It's a golden/light effect though, so I still think that yours is a fire enchant, but I just wanted to correct what I said earlier ;)

What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a visual effect to make you know that the empower is active.
    Empower- increases your damage of your next attack by 20%
    So, it grants you Empower similar to inner light.
    Edited by Van_0S on May 23, 2016 12:56AM
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    You can "bug" out the empower effect on your weapon to keep it for however long you like. I do it by Dark Flare, charge heavy attack and then as Dark Flare hits, Puncturing Sweeps. Timed right, you can keep the effect which is cool to run around with a glowing weapon. You don't keep the empower buff though, it's just a weapon effect bug.
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • Rraith
    Rraith
    ✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Its a visual effect to make you know that the empower is active.
    Empower- increases your damage of your next attack by 20%
    So, it grants you Empower similar to inner light.

Problem is the effect never vanishes. It would be useful to know when my next attack will hit %20 more but since the weapon always glows it does not help. I tried everything to get rid off it but only logging out solves the issue.
    You can "bug" out the empower effect on your weapon to keep it for however long you like. I do it by Dark Flare, charge heavy attack and then as Dark Flare hits, Puncturing Sweeps. Timed right, you can keep the effect which is cool to run around with a glowing weapon. You don't keep the empower buff though, it's just a weapon effect bug.

I am not doing anything intentional to keep the buff forever (Maybe I accidentally do). I really don't like this weapon glow. I generally play in first person and it has a negative effect on my gameplay. In my opinion the effect is somewhat poor too.
    Edited by Rraith on May 23, 2016 7:52AM