Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Beta player back need some help plz

Vorkk8383
Vorkk8383
✭✭✭
Hi guys. I was there right at the beginning and I lasted a few months only. Things were pretty bad and a lot of us had a mass exodus. I've been looking for a new MMO for a while and someone told me that things are a lot better now so I'm back and will give it another go. I do have some questions since a lot of things changed since then and there's a lot of things that I don't recall. I appreciate any help.

1) What call between sorcerer and templar is more needed atm? And in what mode (heals or dps).
2) What are ''the'' websites for best recent builds, info, etc? Needed websites? I had some back then but they were removed from book marks.
3) What are the addons that you cannot do without as a sorceror or templar? I know that some addons are kinda stupid but some pretty much make or break your success by making things more speedy.
3) I saw that there's 60 levels for the horse to make it faster, 60 for more stamina, bank slots, bag slots, horse slots. Is the ONLY way to get those from the shop? Because we're looking at a few thousand dollars to max those out if so...I do get the 1500 per month for the membership and I had some from before but nowhere near the like 100k tokens I'd need to max that out. Even buying 100$ per month and getting the 1500 ''free'' ones, it will take forever to build up. So ya...really hope there is a way to get this done in another way.
4) I saw some of the tradeskill styles for sale. I remember finding some on mobs I think? Can they all be found or are some store only like glass and Aedric?
5) Is there any companion that does anything other than look perty?
6) Any mount better than any other to start with or can get better? I can get one for 1 gold if I recall correctly. I had gotten the imperial or whatever expansion.
7) I will be using keyboard and mouse. Is there a website that suggests which key to bind to what? I logged in quickly and was not a big fan of how everything was set up.
8) Is there anything that I should be aware of/should do asap, etc when I start the game again or I will be mad at myself for missing day/not getting it done?
9) Is the resto staff working/fixed?
10) Are tradeskills still stupidly long to max out like wait 30 days for your next attempt, etc..? And which TS should I work out first as either a templar or sorc?

TY. I know that a lot of these are kind of subjective but keep in mind that I'm asking for your opinion so I do expect answers to differ (if people actually answer lol)
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Templars (healers) are always needed
    2. YouTube, Syphers website, Deltia's website, and other players
    3. Try out FTC (Foundry Tactical Combat)
    3. No you can go either spend the $180 to upgrade your horse or you can take the long way of feeing it every 20 hours
    4. The styles can be found around the world or in certian location or bought in guild stores around the map
    5. Yes, the sorc pets and the one thief that follows you around and you can sell stolen items to them
    6. They are all the same speed
    7. No clue I like them the way they are set with only a few changes
    8. Yes, learn animation canceling, start researching traits for crafting, PvP is lag and zergs, and save you're money
    9. The Resto staves seem to be working correctly
    10. With the ESO Plus and they passives in the crafting skill trees its a bit less.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Ok before I start, I'm an Xbox player do I can't answer all of these but here goes...
    1.) templar healers are always in need, sorc dps are always everywhere in abundance, however, pick what you prefer.
    2.)no idea
    3.) you can upgrade you mount once a day for 250g in one category,speed stamina and bag space. So yes it would take 180 days to fully upgrade a mount, but if you upgrade a mount it applies to all mounts for that character, but they aren't account wide. You can spend 1000 crowns to get 10 upgrades that font have a time limit.
    4.) Crafting motifs are not found on mobs, some specific bosses may drop certain ones(can't recall off the top of my head) but the basic ones are found in backpacks and urns and stuff like that. Dwemer ones are found in Dwemer pots and urns, Dlc are found all sorts of different ways. But all of them can get obtained without purchasing through the crown store.
    5.) nope, pets are there to look prrrudy.
    6.) no, all mounts are the same, if you have the Imperial edition you get a horse for free, the rest are just to look prrrruuudy, same as pets.
    7.)again no idea, Xbox player
    8.) not that I'm aware of?? But I do recommend researching traits asap, I'll explain in 10
    9.) yes? Didn't know they ever didn't work.
    10.) yes and no. It doesn't take every long to get them to max level of 50 but researching traits takes forever. Trait research is a pain, you can only research two traits at a time after you have unlocked a certain passive and there are 9 traits per item. I believe the 9th trait you research takes 30 days, I could be wrong. As a sorc or templar I'd imagine you are going magicka so start researching traits on light armor in the clothing skill line and all the staves in woodworking asap.

IF someone else already answered I'm going to scream.
    Also if this reply causes more questions, feel free to ask away!
    Edited by Articulemort on May 21, 2016 9:09AM
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info.

FOr the horse, I now remember that every 20 hour you feed them and you can up a trait. I had forgot that. You can max them all out that way, yes (speed, stamina and carry weight)?

Also, is bank and bag slots only though the store or can you also get them to max out from doing something in game?
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you as well. Two different answers but I learned different things from you both.

And yes, the resto staffs were a mess when the game first came out. It was a big from Alpha that we told them about which they didn't fix in beta and it went live... So knowing that they are working properly is good!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, there is nothing in the shop that you can't get in game apart from purely cosmetic things like costumes, mounts and pets. You can get horse mounts for gold in game, the more fancy ones are store only, but all mounts have the same 60/60/60 limit and none of them gives a head start.

The motifs sold in crown store can also be found ingame and you can find some that aren't available in the store. So are looted from containers, some are drops and some are "quest reward goodies". All motifs found in game are trade-able and many are really cheap on guild traders (the ESO equivalent of an auction house).

Tamriel Foundry is still the most active theorycrafting place and that is still the best place to start off.

Crafting is powerful, but only after hving researched all traits for all pieces and yes, that still takes a long time, so start early. All crafting is BoE, so if you don't want to have the hassle, you can always ask others to craft stuff for you by providing the mats and a tip.

As to keyboard layout, class choice, and other stuff, this is what you should find out for yourself. As usual, tanks and healers are in short supply, so preparing for one or the other is always a good idea. Otoh, leveling is so much faster if you just go damage qnd respec only for group content and once you are finished.
    Edited by Leandor on May 21, 2016 9:22AM
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info.

FOr the horse, I now remember that every 20 hour you feed them and you can up a trait. I had forgot that. You can max them all out that way, yes (speed, stamina and carry weight)?

Also, is bank and bag slots only though the store or can you also get them to max out from doing something in game?

You can add slots to you characters and bank at pack merchants for your characters and at the bank to upgrade your bank slots. They will cost gold and it will get expensive later on so if you want you can make new characters (alts) to hold whatever your bank cannot. They are often known as mules. Yes, Your horse can be lvled to the max in three different areas all of which with cost 250 gold per point. Total it'll cost you 45k gold over a time of about 180 days

Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you as well for the info! I'm looking at addons atm then I will research healers. I have A LOT of time (disabled now unfortunately) and I like to be the best that I can be (that sounds way too much like a marine ad lol) in MMO's.
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I always have mules. I tend to max out all tradeskills in games so they are usually required. I will try to buy the cheaper bank slots with gold and maybe get the most expensive one with crown (store) since they are the same price in crown no matter what slot as far as I saw.
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    If you are looking at healing, deltia has a really good templar healing build that I used as a template to make mine. Obliviosly I customize it a little bit to fit my needs and player ability, but they have all the basics.
    http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/09/09/the-battery-eso-templar-healer-build/
    That is the one I used and I really enjoy it.
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I recommend checking out the guild recruitment section of the forums for a good guild or 5 to join. There's always a ton of helpful folks online to help you with builds, etc.

And magicka Templar is great as a first character as you can tank, DPS, and heal all on the same character with just some skill/gear changes.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I recommend checking out the guild recruitment section of the forums for a good guild or 5 to join. There's always a ton of helpful folks online to help you with builds, etc.

And magicka Templar is great as a first character as you can tank, DPS, and heal all on the same character with just some skill/gear changes.

^ Very true been playing one for a little over a year now and still love it

• Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys/gals