Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Special crafted sets - do bonuses stack for each piece?

Rinmaethodain
Rinmaethodain
✭✭✭✭✭
For example Whitestreake set. If 2 pieces equipped it adds 754 maximum health. It says this under every piece of this equipment.

Does this mean that if i have at least 2 pieces of whitestreake set on me, and for example i wear 5 pieces of it right now, ill gain 5x 754 health (because it says so under each separate piece of equipment)?

Or the bonuses apply only once no matter how many extra pieces you wear?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bonuses only apply once for each additional piece. So with 5 pieces of Whitestrakes Retribution you will get additional Max Health, additional Spell Resistance plus additional health recovery before the end effect. With Death's Wind you would get, for 5 pieces, additional armour and 2 sets of additional Max Health before the end effect.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example Whitestreake set. If 2 pieces equipped it adds 754 maximum health. It says this under every piece of this equipment.

Does this mean that if i have at least 2 pieces of whitestreake set on me, and for example i wear 5 pieces of it right now, ill gain 5x 754 health (because it says so under each separate piece of equipment)?

Or the bonuses apply only once no matter how many extra pieces you wear?

To clarify, No.

Your incentives are the 5 bonuses, which you each get 1 time. Additionally, if you have 9 pieces let's say (2 daggers, all 7 armor slots) of that same set, you will not get any more than the 5 bonuses, 1x each. So the best thing to do is figure out what bonuses you want of a set, use that many pieces of it to qualify, but anything additional will be a waste for your particular character.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on May 21, 2015 9:30PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Leveling, most people wear 5 of one Crafted Set and 3/4 of another (if you go DW or 1 H/S you get 4 pieces other weapon lines give you 3)

Once you start getting dropped sets, then you can start mixing in the jewelery you get so you can run two 5 piece sets. However a number of people will run combos like 3 of one set, 3 of another then 4 of a different one. It's all in how the bonuses group together. Which is really what Set Bonuses do, group together, not stack within a set.

Now, Set Bonuses do Stack when you have two sets that offer the same bonus. For instance, 5 Pieces of Hundings Rage and 4 Pieces of Ashen Grip will stack the Increased Weapon Damage bonus you get from each Group. You can gain around 400 more damage depending on your level. Same with 5 Seducer and 4 Magnus, you get all the Magic Regen Bonuses of both groups.
    Edited by Nestor on May 21, 2015 10:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 5 and 5, two different sets, with sets that include sword & shield and Jewelry.
    Definitely plan it out for optimal gain.
    When you are doing 5 + 3 or 4, tho, be sure to just look at the bonuses you are likely to get when choosing your second set. I've made the mistake of working on a second set because of the cool 5th item bonus, only to realize that I was only ever going to get the 4 item bonus. Looked at this way, there may be some sets that will be very helpful that you could be overlooking.
    Edited by Tomg999 on May 29, 2015 6:10PM
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For looted sets, when it includes a ring, is it possible to wear 2 same rings of same set to obtain >weat 2 items< bonus?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For looted sets, when it includes a ring, is it possible to wear 2 same rings of same set to obtain >weat 2 items< bonus?

Yes, I do this with the Bands of Syrbane. The set comes with a Band for Magic Regen, and a Ring for Health Regen. I wear two bands, and get double the regen (from each ring) and then the set bonus regen for wearing two pieces. So, I get more than 200 Magic Regen by doing this with two Bands of Syrbane.

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about level and quality of items in set?

For example will 5 piece bonus work even if all pieces of item set would be of different level and quality?

Like chest vet3 purple, gloves vet5 blue, pants vet2 purple, helmet vet10 purble, ring vet3 gold?
    If yes then how much bonuses will they give? The amount that you get on lowest lvl item or highest lvl item? Or it would be average?

Or maybe it wont work at all because game will threat each piece as a part of different set, and to work they would have to be of same quality and lvl?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about level and quality of items in set?

For example will 5 piece bonus work even if all pieces of item set would be of different level and quality?

Like chest vet3 purple, gloves vet5 blue, pants vet2 purple, helmet vet10 purble, ring vet3 gold?
    If yes then how much bonuses will they give? The amount that you get on lowest lvl item or highest lvl item? Or it would be average?

Or maybe it wont work at all because game will threat each piece as a part of different set, and to work they would have to be of same quality and lvl?

Yes. Item Quality and Level have nothing to do with whether it is part of a set. If you use a L17 Ring of the Warlock and a L19 Robe of the Warlock both act as part of the set. If you upgrade the Robe it will still be part of the set.

Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but which items stats will be given as set bonus?

Items of different lvl give different numbers for same bonuses

Like part of a set lvl17 ring would give 200 health if 2 items worn while lvl 19 will give 250 health.

So if i equip those two items, how much ill get?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume the lowest value listed for the set

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like part of a set lvl17 ring would give 200 health if 2 items worn while lvl 19 will give 250 health.

I find it to be somewhere in between. Now I have not specifically checked this in months so something might have changed. But it would be easy to test while at a crafting station. Make the 5 pieces, put them on, write down your stats in the character window. Then take off one piece, improve that, then put it on the character and see what the difference is in the stat screen.

I just hit VR10 this morning on my Sorcerer, so she is due another set of armor. But I just made her a VR9 set this weekend, so I may not be in a hurry to upgrade her. I will have to see if the Enchant bug on the glyphs applies to VR10 glyphs too. If not, I will be making a set tonight and will see what happens.

Unless someone wants to donate 28 Purple Tempers to me, I can cough up the Blues and Greens.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor. :) "Community Ambassador". Congratulations :)

• Anj3lov_L1ght
    Anj3lov_L1ght
    Soul Shriven
    Resurrecting an old thread but in my (brief) googling I didn't find anything more current.

I was just testing this out with Hunding's Rage and Night Mother's sets and I found that although the tooltips in the improvement process suggest the set bonuses increase with higher quality, they do not actually give higher bonuses when you improve their quality as shown in the character sheet before and after improvement.

Higher level pieces definitely do give you higher bonuses though (as reflected correctly in tooltips) for each item making up the set. For example: the set bonuses of a full set of vet-5 are less than a full set with 3 vet-5 and 2-vet 6 which are in turn less than a full set of vet-6.

I don't know if it the quality thing has changed in the last year (or if the upcoming removal of veteran ranks will affect this at all) but the tooltips during the improvement process were misleading.

I did find the statement: "Some of the set bonuses scale with the item level and quality while others are fixed." on the tesoelite crafting item sets guide. This makes me think maybe other sets are different? The scarcity of details on that guide don't exactly inspire confidence though.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I find it to be somewhere in between. Now I have not specifically checked this in months so something might have changed. But it would be easy to test while at a crafting station. Make the 5 pieces, put them on, write down your stats in the character window. Then take off one piece, improve that, then put it on the character and see what the difference is in the stat screen.

I just hit VR10 this morning on my Sorcerer, so she is due another set of armor. But I just made her a VR9 set this weekend, so I may not be in a hurry to upgrade her. I will have to see if the Enchant bug on the glyphs applies to VR10 glyphs too. If not, I will be making a set tonight and will see what happens.

Unless someone wants to donate 28 Purple Tempers to me, I can cough up the Blues and Greens.

I believe that is correct. On my Brairheart set I know that it splits the difference. It actually will change in the tooltip, equipped vs. unequipped. I'd imagine the same would be true for crafted sets.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Samwell Slayer
    Samwell Slayer
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting an old thread but in my (brief) googling I didn't find anything more current.

I was just testing this out with Hunding's Rage and Night Mother's sets and I found that although the tooltips in the improvement process suggest the set bonuses increase with higher quality, they do not actually give higher bonuses when you improve their quality as shown in the character sheet before and after improvement.

Higher level pieces definitely do give you higher bonuses though (as reflected correctly in tooltips) for each item making up the set. For example: the set bonuses of a full set of vet-5 are less than a full set with 3 vet-5 and 2-vet 6 which are in turn less than a full set of vet-6.

I don't know if it the quality thing has changed in the last year (or if the upcoming removal of veteran ranks will affect this at all) but the tooltips during the improvement process were misleading.

I did find the statement: "Some of the set bonuses scale with the item level and quality while others are fixed." on the tesoelite crafting item sets guide. This makes me think maybe other sets are different? The scarcity of details on that guide don't exactly inspire confidence though.

They do, but there's an averaging process. For instance, if you have 4 gold pieces and one purple, you will not gain anymore stats from making the 5th item gold. In a sense, 4 gold plus one purple "rounds up" to 5 gold.

Of course the real reason you would want to upgrade the last piece to gold to improve the trait by a bit more. But in practice, you really don't gain much considering the cost.
    PC/Mac NA server. Cast, in order of appearance (got one of everything):

Samwell Slayer Stam NB AD Stormproof
    Samantha Tarly Stam Sorc DC FC
    The Sawmell Tarly Tank DK EP Stormproof
    Tamwell Sarly Mgk Temp AD FC
    Covenant Blues Mgk DK EP Stormproof
    Samwell Tardy Mgk Sorc AD FC
    Stam Tarly Stam Temp AD Stormproof
    Samwelf Tarly Mgk NB DC FC
    Stamwell Tarly Stam DK DC FC
    Maester Samwell Heal Temp DC
    Samara Tarly Tank NB EP