Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transition VR to CP question

Whiphid
Whiphid
✭✭✭✭
Don't know if this has been covered already, please direct me to a relevant discussion if it has.

I've recently started Caldwell's Silver, and have just finished Khenarthi's Roos and moved to Auridon.
My character has just hit VR2, but has already gathered over 60 CP. Now I've read somewhere that 1 VR level = 10 CP, but I must have gotten 40-50 CP during VR1 alone. What will happen once DB hits (still a bit away, I'm on PS4)?
- Are all my quests gonna be grey because my character is overleveled compared to the area? Will the worldbosses and dolmens be without loot?
- Do I suddenly have the ability to craft gear that's two tiers higher?

Thanks in advance!
One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    With 60 cp, you will immediately be able to wear old VR6 gear and providing you have put the appropriate skill points into the craft line you will be able to craft to that level gear. To be clear though, you could always craft gear above your character level anyway providing you had spent skill points in the crafting section, so no change there.

I'd have a read of the ZoS article on VR removal as they explain how the gold and silver zones will be CP scaled after DB launches and the impact on reduced XP given (only applies to mob kills not quest experience awarded).

I should have added, an advantage of being over levelled is that for early silver zones you 'could' focus only on the 5 key objectives/quest lines of each Cadwell requirement rather than feel you need to grind every single side quest in every zone to drive VR rank up (as it won't exist). If you are chasing achievements this way won't complete the zone quest numbers one i should add :'(
    Edited by LaucianNailor on May 18, 2016 7:14AM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    What about attribute points? Someone who has ranked up to say VR6 will have had more points to put into health/stamina/magicka that a VR1 with 60CP.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attribute and skill points will be rewarded to all characters who are 50 and higher as though you had reached vr16 on them.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    JuZ wrote: »
    What about attribute points? Someone who has ranked up to say VR6 will have had more points to put into health/stamina/magicka that a VR1 with 60CP.

this is also covered in the ZoS article; at 50 you will have already earned the 'additional' attribute points VR16 would have given you....in effect you are getting them earlier and so these will not be linked to CP progression. If you are already past 50 you'll get all added on log-in.

Ability Points will be 1 for every level as now, except on levels ending in 5 (so 5, 15, 25 etc) you will get 2 AP when you ding and for levels ending in 0 (10, 20, 30 etc), you'll get 3 attribute points when you ding.
    Edited by LaucianNailor on May 18, 2016 4:41PM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiphid wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been covered already, please direct me to a relevant discussion if it has.

I've recently started Caldwell's Silver, and have just finished Khenarthi's Roos and moved to Auridon.
    My character has just hit VR2, but has already gathered over 60 CP. Now I've read somewhere that 1 VR level = 10 CP, but I must have gotten 40-50 CP during VR1 alone. What will happen once DB hits (still a bit away, I'm on PS4)?
    - Are all my quests gonna be grey because my character is overleveled compared to the area? Will the worldbosses and dolmens be without loot?
    - Do I suddenly have the ability to craft gear that's two tiers higher?

Thanks in advance!

The Cadwell zones will scale differently. VR1 Auridon will be scaled to 40 CP, not 10 CP. VR5 Reaper's March will be scaled to 150 CP, not 50 CP. All of Cadwell's Gold will be scaled to 160 CP. So, yes, you gain CP faster than VR, but they are trying to take that into account. The Cadwell silver and gold zones will scale faster, too.

Also note that even a character with the maximum 501 CP will count as 160 CP for purposes of loot, XP, etc. So you should never outlevel Cadwell content.
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all!
    To be clear though, you could always craft gear above your character level anyway providing you had spent skill points in the crafting section, so no change there.

Yeah I know, but what I meant to say was, I'm picking up loads of kreshweed at the moment, but I probably need some other stuff when DB hits. I can imagine that they will change the nodes in the Caldwell zones accordingly. Otherwise I'll run around in VR3 gear, no problem :smile:

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭

this is also covered in the ZoS article; at 50 you will have already earned the 'additional' attribute points VR16 would have given you....in effect you are getting them earlier and so these will not be linked to CP progression. If you are already past 50 you'll get all added on log-in.

Ability Points will be 1 for every level as now, except on levels ending in 5 (so 5, 15, 25 etc) you will get 2 AP when you ding and for levels ending in 0 (10, 20, 30 etc), you'll get 3 attribute points when you ding.

Thanks for that :)
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I like some others am wondering what's going to happen with crafted gear, my main is a VR3 but I have 135ish CP so I am guessing my gear will be behind my new level when the DB drops?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like some others am wondering what's going to happen with crafted gear, my main is a VR3 but I have 135ish CP so I am guessing my gear will be behind my new level when the DB drops?

Yes, after DB (assuming you don't earn any more CP) you will be able to wear cp130 gear (equivalent to vr13 gear now), making your current vr3/cp30 gear pretty undesirable in comparison.
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Yes, after DB (assuming you don't earn any more CP) you will be able to wear cp130 gear (equivalent to vr13 gear now), making your current vr3/cp30 gear pretty undesirable in comparison.

It's going to be an expensive time for me then with 3 characters in Vet ranks needing new armor and weapons.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

It's going to be an expensive time for me then with 3 characters in Vet ranks needing new armor and weapons.

I know that feel. I will have 8 v16-equivalent characters on May 31st. Bye-bye to all my stockpiles of ruby mats and tempers!
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm als glad they are changing some things with enchanting, because that one will be some work to catch up...