The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alchemy materials price?

fatemoe
fatemoe
I have been collecting alchemy plants for months without using.
Actually I have no knowledge of how precious they are.
It seems like some mushrooms are not easy to get.

If I want to sell them for money, can someone point me the average price for each kind of plant?

I'm on PS4 NA
Should I keep some for alchemy daily writ?
I heard alchemy is the easiest to level up to 50.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure on PS4 prices, but would say trawl a few traders and take an average. OR join 2-3 trading guilds as it's easy to switch guilds on the same search from a bank.

Columbine is worth the most as it's used for Tri Stat potions. Most others go for a few hundred each on Xbox but Columbine is like 1000.

Yep for the writs you need mats to make the potion and Mats to hand in with it - often the reagent or Nirnhorn. you gain the xp, gold and potential for Alchemy surveys.

The best part is you can batch cook your potions. I.e. Make a load, so all you have to do is start the writ and hand it in. Same with provisioning. Makes it very easy.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With DB coming up, you want to level your alchemy. I'd also recommend holding on to those plants for a few more weeks: their value may go up with poisons.

On PC, Columbine, Bugloss, Mountain Flower and Namira's Rot are the most valuable. Least valuable are reagents like Stinkhorn, Imp Stool, Luminous Russula, Emetic Russula and Water Hyacinth. Check prices in the major trading hubs, then use the cheap mats to level alchemy.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fatemoe wrote: »
    I'm on PS4 NA
    Should I keep some for alchemy daily writ?
    I heard alchemy is the easiest to level up to 50.

First thing you should do is try to level your Alchemy. It used to be that you used Mushrooms for grinding potions as they had no value or use as they made posions. Now, mushrooms may have some use so they may not be the only thing you want to grind with. But there are plenty of beneficial potions that people don't use (hence the reagents are not valuable) to grind with.

Then, once your at L50 in Alchemy, look at your stock and see what you want to sell or keep.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Their are a few that go for quite a bit in any guild store, the main one is columbine which on xbox NA sells for 650-1000. Namiras rot 300-550 ish. Nirns can go for upwards of 250 ea, but I often see them in bulk for sometimes much less than that. Corn flower seem to be scarce, and always seemingly over priced (more than 1k ea...)

Dragon flower, blessed thistle, water hyacinths, wormwoods, and a few others go for a base of 100 ea.

If your looking to sell, your best bet is to sell in small amounts, that way your price looks more affordable. This way your item will also appear first and more likely to sell as well.

Remember these are only prices I have seen on xbox NA, they could differ from your platform.
    Options
  • fatemoe
    fatemoe
    Crap. Columbai worth near 1000g?

I skipped a lot until recently due to lack of storage space.
    Probably more than 100.
    Options
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    When my trading guild scores a trader in mournhold I can list them in singles for 900 and expect to sell a few of them. Any other trader they seem to sell for the lower end around 650-700 but they are the highest priced reagant on xbox atleast.
    Options