The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is orsinium worth the crowns?

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
I have 4500 crowns and I want db but I was wandering if I should add 700 crowns so I can get both is it worth it?
Edited by Cameron991 on May 14, 2016 2:28AM
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is definitely worth it. It's a huge area with a lot to do. It's at least 3 times the size of DB, both in area and in terms of content.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is so worth it!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar is the best PVE zone in the game thus far. Worth every crown.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the quest line was amazing, I had fun doing them. The delves and dailies are also cool to check out.

Suru
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium is hands-down the best DLC so far. Go for it.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm adding another yes to this, I think it's the best DLC so far. It has really cool content I keep coming back to, and running through it on multiple characters isn't a chore unlike some zones.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    The Orsinium DLC is certainly the best under every point of view. It has an interesting storyline, plenty of lore, quests, delves, nice costumes that you can gain from achievements, a great solo-PvE arena, really good set gear (which is bound on pick up, so you can't find it on guild stores), and it's visually stunning. Definitely the first thing I'd spend Crowns on, if I were not a subscriber.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the current DLC , yep .
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its well worth it.
    Its the largest dlc zone so far, there's a lot to explore, a pretty good questline, repeatable quests and second best leveling zone (after certain Cyro and IC zones).
    There's no group content though, aside from world bosses.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick, yet late reply, yes. Absolutely.
    There are two daily quests in it, that have a high chance of rewarding you with malacath and trimimac motifs and they give out decent experience. They help to quickly lvl a character. I leveled up pre-vet everyday with only an hour play time but running the two wrothgar dailies and the undaunted random group finder dungeon.

Not to mention the actually content is pretty good, the world boss are awesome, it's nice to finally have a world boss that actually requires a group of players to beat.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Articulemort I am v9 is it better to wait to v16 to get bc gear or should I get it now to lvl up. But then my gear I unlock would be useless in the future
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    @Cameron991 Uh, idk. I would do it now for the quick exp, you can always grind through for equips at vr16, they aren't super hard to come by. What gear are you looking to get from wrothgar?
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk any gear really but I want that malacarth bow and axe @Articulemort
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    @Articulemort I am v9 is it better to wait to v16 to get bc gear or should I get it now to lvl up. But then my gear I unlock would be useless in the future

Well, the only gear pieces that are worth getting at vr16 are vMA weapons, but drop rate is so crappy, I dont even recommend grinding it unless you're 100% min-maxer. That arena is very boring and imbalanced (imo), but its just a very small part of the dlc content.
    There's also a few niche sets, but nothing spectacular.
    But the dlc is a great way to level up... Even the main questline will probably give you a vet rank or 2. And there's great grindspots (public dungeon mobs give the same exp as normal open world mobs, but respawn as fast as regular public dungeon trash), normal MA, and daily quests that can also give you motif pages.
    Also, if your char is a crafter, all craft nodes will scale for your craft passive level.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on May 14, 2016 7:02PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    @Cameron991 If you are just looking for simple malacath bows and axes, no sets or anything, run the dailies to get the motifs and make them. If your just gonna craft your own, there is absolutely not reason in waiting til vr16.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. Scaling of levels is great.

I go there daily if I can to farm because my smithing is 50, I mine rubedite, while the gear is at my level (voidsteel). So I get supplies for the present and the future in the same trip.

Another good thing is you can meet people of all levels and factions adventuring with you, which expands your horizons for meeting new players & guilds you wouldn't typically come across in your home zone.
    @Cameron991 Uh, idk. I would do it now for the quick exp, you can always grind through for equips at vr16, they aren't super hard to come by. What gear are you looking to get from wrothgar?

Regarding ranking up, I would get as close to VR16 as possible because they are giving a 2.5 Champion Point bonus for each VR earned before DB DLC comes out in June. As far as gear goes, VR16 gear = CP160 gear. I am waiting until after DB anyways to commit to any nice gear.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best DLC of the three so far. Heaps of stuff to do, hopefully the blueprint of their future DLC releases.
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭
    The main story of the DLC is very nice and the side quests are quite fun to do! It's a good area if you like to explore and do random stuff like mountain climbing or just the repeatable quests. B)

However there's something I'd like to add: Solo content (except MA) is the most unchallenging content ever! And I'm not just saying that: While completing the quests, I did not notice that my full armor was broken, hence I had 0 Armor! The content is so easy, I did not even notice this was the case and still had no struggle completing everything...

Nevertheless, you should buy it :-)
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    worth it for rmaelstrom alone... gotta grind for those weapons... :neutral:
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)