Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nords with crayons.....

Vangy
Vangy
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any particular reason why the crafting writs look like they are drawn by a bunch of pre school kids with oversized crayons? (Aka Nords)...

I mean this has always irked me but I did remember getting the addon to help me with locating the writs. I know they kinda need to be authentic but the X drawn on those writs really dosent help much..... If not for this addon I prolly wouldnt be able to locate them.. Maybe a slight improvement is in order? Am I the only one who feels this way or are there more silent souls out there who feel this way?
(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
(2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
(2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
(1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have to look them up online to find them (console player here)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit tedious, but even without an add-on their exact location is only a 30 second YouTube video away.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to the Treasure Maps, Survey Mats are a breeze to find the location. Even with the crude drawing, the local topographical features are there and a quick look at the zone map and it is easy to find the location of the survey. I never had an issue finding the survey locations from the maps. Look for the rivers, lakes and such near where the X is, then look at the zone map for those same features. It can also help to put a marker on the game map to where you think the survey is as you are heading towards it.

As for the maps, they are crude for a reason, they are meant to be hand drawn maps that someone in the field created as they were walking around exploring. If they came out looking like a Rand McNally or USGS map, they would look quite jarring in the game.

Edited by Nestor on May 18, 2016 7:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Compared to the Treasure Maps, Survey Mats are a breeze to find the location. Even with the crude drawing, the local topographical features are there and a quick look at the zone map and it is easy to find the location of the survey. I never had an issue finding the survey locations from the maps. Look for the rivers, lakes and such near where the X is, then look at the zone map for those same features. It can also help to put a marker on the game map to where you think the survey is as you are heading towards it.

As for the maps, they are crude for a reason, they are meant to be hand drawn maps that someone in the field created as they were walking around exploring. If they came out looking like a Rand McNally or USGS map, they would look quite jarring in the game.

I can understand hand drawn my man but they really look like they are drawn by drunken half-orc-half-nords with crayons.... Im sure Tamriel has many talented artists...... They dont need to be 3D CGI pieces of awesomeness but at least better than they are currently? hahahaha

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, you're being a bit of a moaner. Treasure maps could be better, yes, but surveys are extremely easy to understand.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AugustoCP wrote: »
    Dude, you're being a bit of a moaner. Treasure maps could be better, yes, but surveys are extremely easy enough to understand even though they look like they're drawn by nords with crayons

=X

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Nords With Crayons
    That would be a great band name!
    headbanger.gif

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Vangy wrote: »
    Nords With Crayons
    That would be a great band name!
    headbanger.gif

Hmmm yeah I agree lol!