The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran 16 gear after Dark Brotherhood

Gern_Verkheart
Gern_Verkheart
✭✭✭✭
I have gotten conflicting answers to this question, so I am hoping to get it cleared up.

From what I understand, after Dark Brotherhood, all characters are being brought back down to level 50, and everything scales off of Champ points now. So 167 champ points is now the max level, essentially. But how is that working with gear? I have 3 V16 characters, all of them have near full V16 gear, but I only have 113 champ points. Does that mean those characters will not be able to wear their gear anymore after the drop of Dark Brotherhood? If that is the case, can we all plead with ZOS to change that, because that is stupid.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be given additional CP to reach 160 cp, so your v16 char can wear v16 gear, which will be 160cp gear.
    Edited by ValkynSketha on April 30, 2016 2:44PM
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will be given additional CP to reach 160 cp, so your v16 char can wear v16 gear, which will be 160cp gear.

That would be good, is this confirmed? I haven't found an article published by ZOS that explains in detail how the removal of vet ranks is going to work, just ones by them that say they are going to remove vet ranks.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear on the PTS is like...
    Level 50 Champion 10
    Level 50 Champion 20
    Level 50 Champion 30
    Level 50 Champion 40
    all the way to Level 50 Champion 160, CP rank 160 seems to be the highest gear currently on the PTS.

So if you are VR16 and have 140 CP Zenimax will gift you 20 CP to keep you in your current gear which is renamed Level 50 Champion 160.
    If you're VR16 with 501 CP you stay in your current gear and its renamed Level 50 Champion 160.

In short they simply decided a VR was every 10 CP and renamed VR gear CP rank gear making it craftable every 10 CP. More or less they didn't do away with VR or VR gear they just merged it into the CP system so everyone whining for the removal of VR just got nothing more than having any VR character boosted to the same CP Rank as their CP level. Have fun grinding those CP instead of VR people.

Zenimax should have simply kept the VR system because nothing has changed or converted VR to regular levels with you getting a skill point every 10 levels..which is pretty much what they did but calling it CP Rank instead.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on April 30, 2016 3:00PM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last I read, they give 2.5cp per vet level of your highest char to everyone. If after you receive that amount(40 for a v16) you still don't meet the gear requirements, they push you the rest of the way. To make sure no one has gear they can't wear.

V16 with 110cp -> 160cp
    V16 with 120cp -> 160cp
    v16 with 200cp -> 240cp
    v10 with 90cp -> 115cp
    v10 with 50cp -> 100cp

etc

Most players with a v16 should be at 160 (or within 40 points of it) anyway, but it's there as a just in case.
    Edited by Seraseth on April 30, 2016 3:05PM
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gear on the PTS is like...
    Level 50 Champion 10
    Level 50 Champion 20
    Level 50 Champion 30
    Level 50 Champion 40
    all the way to Level 50 Champion 160, CP rank 160 seems to be the highest gear currently on the PTS.

So if you are VR16 and have 140 CP Zenimax will gift you 20 CP to keep you in your current gear which is renamed Level 50 Champion 160.
    If you're VR16 with 501 CP you stay in your current gear and its renamed Level 50 Champion 160.

In short they simply decided a VR was every 10 CP and renamed VR gear CP rank gear making it craftable every 10 CP. More or less they didn't do away with VR or VR gear they just merged it into the CP system so everyone whining for the removal of VR just got nothing more than having any VR character boosted to the same CP Rank as their CP level. Have fun grinding those CP instead of VR people.

Zenimax should have simply kept the VR system because nothing has changed or converted VR to regular levels with you getting a skill point every 10 levels..which is pretty much what they did but calling it CP Rank instead.

I wouldn't say nothing has changed, because CP's are account wide. Meaning you only have to max them out once, and you are done forever. So all you have to do is get your alts to 50, and they are automatically max level/max CP. It didnt change anything if you only play one character, but it makes a huge difference if you have alts.

Also thank you for your answer, that clears it up a bit. I hope they keep it so I get CP for my vet 16's, so that I don't have to grind out 50 more CP's.
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    so instead of a 16 veteran rank gap between new 50s and those of us that have v16s, ZOS has maintained the EXACT same GAP but switching it to champion points>? WHAT WAS THE POINT? i have 2 V16s so this isnt about myself, but i thought the entire point of removing the vet ranks to minimize the gap between new 50s and vr16s, i can see how that is daunting to reach 50 and realize youve got MORE VET LEVELS to go. i THOUGHT the VR gear would all be scaled equally, opening up TONs of new combinations with some of our old favorite sets becoming viable again along with the current sets. Champion points are a reward unto themselves. by NOT ONLY placing champion point requirements on the gear but also making the higher level gear MORe powerful, the eXACT same gap between 50s and VR16s has not been minimized AT ALL, so again, WHAT WAS THE POINT. we went fomr VR1^ GAP to CP AND GEAR GAP.

correct me if im wrong but the only ting that will change is all 50s/vr16s will have the same base health/magicka/stamina. otherwise vr16s will still have a champion point ADVANTAGE ( and FAIRLY SO) but withthe CP requirement on the gear, and the increased power of higher CP gear the POWER GAP between players will still exist, and all of the old gear that V16s have currently outl eveled will still be useless :(

so again, after all this work, what was the point? what was accomplished?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so instead of a 16 veteran rank gap between new 50s and those of us that have v16s, ZOS has maintained the EXACT same GAP but switching it to champion points>? WHAT WAS THE POINT? i have 2 V16s so this isnt about myself, but i thought the entire point of removing the vet ranks to minimize the gap between new 50s and vr16s, i can see how that is daunting to reach 50 and realize youve got MORE VET LEVELS to go. i THOUGHT the VR gear would all be scaled equally, opening up TONs of new combinations with some of our old favorite sets becoming viable again along with the current sets. Champion points are a reward unto themselves. by NOT ONLY placing champion point requirements on the gear but also making the higher level gear MORe powerful, the eXACT same gap between 50s and VR16s has not been minimized AT ALL, so again, WHAT WAS THE POINT. we went fomr VR1^ GAP to CP AND GEAR GAP.

correct me if im wrong but the only ting that will change is all 50s/vr16s will have the same base health/magicka/stamina. otherwise vr16s will still have a champion point ADVANTAGE ( and FAIRLY SO) but withthe CP requirement on the gear, and the increased power of higher CP gear the POWER GAP between players will still exist, and all of the old gear that V16s have currently outl eveled will still be useless :(

Cp are account wide. Vet Levels were char specific.
    I marched three chars thru same gol d silver to get my three v16, not to mention v14, v10 etc etc.

Now someone onlyneeds to get 160 cp for thr account and all 50s get max gear capable.

Also, all gold zones and last silver set to cp 160 for drops, nodes, mobs etc so there are now for every char six max lvl gear and harvest not in dlc or pvp.

A lot accomolished.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 3 V16 characters, all of them have near full V16 gear, but I only have 113 champ points.

How is that even possible??? by the time i got my first character to v16 I was already at 220 CP

Anyways you have time now to get 7 more CPs then you'll get 40 with next patch so you'll be good to go
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 3 V16 characters, all of them have near full V16 gear, but I only have 113 champ points.

How is that even possible??? by the time i got my first character to v16 I was already at 220 CP

Anyways you have time now to get 7 more CPs then you'll get 40 with next patch so you'll be good to go

Some of us played before the Champion System was introduced and a few played very little since then. If you had two VR16s before CS release you would have only gotten 70 CP, then one VR16 after that is about ~40 CP if you grind it. Gaining CP was a lot slower before the catch-up mechanic was released.

But not to worry @Gern_Verkheart, ZOS will give you the required amount of CP to make sure you can still equip your VR16 gear, 100% confirmed. :smile:.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

Some of us played before the Champion System was introduced and a few played very little since then. If you had two VR16s before CS release you would have only gotten 70 CP, then one VR16 after that is about ~40 CP if you grind it. Gaining CP was a lot slower before the catch-up mechanic was released.

But not to worry @Gern_Verkheart, ZOS will give you the required amount of CP to make sure you can still equip your VR16 gear, 100% confirmed. :smile:.

All he needs to do is get 7 more CP before may 31. With the catch up system this can be done in like an hour or something.

With the next patch anyone with v16 char will get 40 cps, so he will be at 160 so he can still use his gear.
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on May 17, 2016 12:01PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right, no worries... if you wesr vr 16 now you will be AT LEAST cp160 at db launch, barring bug of course, fully stated.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

All he needs to do is get 7 more CP before may 31. With the catch up system this can be done in like an hour or something.

With the next patch anyone with v16 char will get 40 cps, so he will be at 160 so he can still use his gear.
    No he doesn't....he will have 160CP when DB launchs, even if he won't login until may 31.
    Noobplar
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭

They still have the gap, but it doesn't take you months to get from 0-160 CPs.. When I first hit VR1 i think i had about 100 CPs by VR 3-4.. They are EXTREMELY EASY to get, so the gap is there but the grind is lessened... Which was the original point of removing the VR system, it was too grindy. This system was NOT intended to remove power gap of players with higher VR/CP rank..

If anything putting a 501 cap on CP is the only system provided to attempt to lessen any power gaps. They are also reworking most of the lower level set gear and scaling them to max level, which will increase build diversity and add different play styles.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can a v16 only have 160 CP? I'm v12 and have about 225 I think. I'm a bit confused..
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How can a v16 only have 160 CP? I'm v12 and have about 225 I think. I'm a bit confused..

160 PER Category, not total which would be 480