The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Post-main quest content and DLC

beefers96
beefers96
It's a story as old as ESO itself - complete your faction storyline, finish coldharbour, and then have to do the whole thing all over again twice in a "what if you'd washed up on this shore" deus ex machina to prolong people playing. Racial segregation and splitting the world into thirds as a way to give a "storyline" to PvP was and is hella dumb. But that's the past... and this post is in hope for the future. With the thieves guild here and the dark brotherhood coming - and VR ranks going away - it seems like it might be time to drop back in. All press releases, haters, and fanboys aside... how is the game now? That they rewrote the ending to make sense is too much to hope for. I assume when I log in I'll be in some elf island killing my former faction fellows because - reasons. How does the dlc fit into the game? Just a general how has the game improved in the past year or so would be appreciated.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct in that there has been no change to how Cadwell's quests are introduced (but you no longer have to complete the main quest to access those zones; they are unlocked as soon as you reach Level 50). Storywise, the DLC content takes place after the main quest is over, with the possible exception of Imperial City. If you enjoy "storyline" content, Orsinium is very good.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp