Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making Armor vs. Drop Sets?

SkoomaAddict420
SkoomaAddict420
✭✭✭
What is better to use? Craftable sets are drop sets? The ones with let's say 2 pieces give you extra cheese by X2...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with Dropped Sets is finding enough to make a set. There are many good Dropped sets in the game, but it is best to farm the Guild Kiosks if your trying to get enough pieces to make a set or get a set bonus. I use Warlock, Soulshine, Syrbane and a couple of other Dropped sets on my caster characters, but it took a while to gather the items. Which means I never used them on my first character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, it's not like there is a one size fits all answer here, what is your class, mag/stam, melee/range etc etc.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 17, 2016 3:33PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really just depends on what you need. Really, if you know it's going to be a long time until you can get or buy a dropped set, it might be better to go with a similar crafted set until then. Just get whatever is easier first until you go to get the harder one. Don't limit yourself by insisting to get one particular just because it's more convenient.

Example: I'm a healer, and would really like Spell Power Cure. The set is a rare drop with randomized traits. Until then, I have a purple V16 Kag set to work with, and before that Julianos. I still heal fine, and I can work towards the set I need.
  • SkoomaAddict420
    SkoomaAddict420
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Uh, it's not like there is a one size fits all answer here, what is your class, mag/stam, melee/range etc etc.

Templar, stamina, melee and ranged. I am wearing medium armor set on my Khijitt known as ash armor and the other 2 trait in the area for stamina and such. All purple no jewelry or weapon set yet.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And sorry PvP or PvE? What lvl are you?
    Edited by Cuyler on May 17, 2016 5:16PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically no matter what lvl you are hundings rage crafted set will be the foundation of your build. When you reach v16 (cp 160) there are a few dropped sets that are good for Stam builds. But for the most part hundings, night mothers gaze are going to be the way to go. Wait until your v16 to think about dropped sets. Agility jewelry is one of the dropped 3pc sets that is a staple. Twice born star is a great crafted set but won't outperform hundings until your in a 12 man raid with a good warhorn buff uptime.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 2 trait ones you are using are good, but there will be a better version of pretty much the same ones at 6 traits...
    get those research going!
    :wink:

& its either a lot of shopping at guild stores to find the drop set pieces you want, or a lot of research to be able to craft them!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }