Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just Got Empress!

Aimora
Aimora
✭✭✭✭✭
I have just completed a crazy week of grinding AP to get the Empress title - and what a week it was!

I was on holiday and decided on a whim how I really fancied the beautiful costume that came with achieving Empress - not into the title or the status, just really wanted the lovely looking costume :) (Oh and the dye is nice too - thanks for pointing that out @raviour <3)

I haven't really PvPed much as I am so useless at it - anyone attacks me and I generally panic and mash as many buttons as I can in a hope of either healing through their attack while I run away (rarely works!) or to fire off enough skills to get them (again rarely works are there are so many accomplished dedicated PvPers), but anyway I thought I would give it a go - yikes what was I thinking!!

So I jump into Black Water Blade on my last non vet Char - Shamash a level 43 NB Kahjiit, I mostly levelled her with cake so she didn't have lots of skills and had totally rubbish gear - but hay-***, I had to work with what I had got (on reflection a bit of preparation would have gone a long way!) Post lfg in zone and off we go!

Healing worked the best as my DPS wasn't so good with my less than optimal set up and gear! After doing fairly ok, I ended up joining the group of the current leader on the leader board @HouLiGaN - this was an opportune chance and resulted in me being able to get to my end goal. So along with @raviour, we worked around the map chasing and creating fights the AP was flowing (yay). Eventually after not sleeping all night and some amazing fun (who knew pvp could be so entertaining) we got to the end with an epic fight Blue Road Keep and Houli got crowned! So happy for him and I had made some new friends along the way and cemented current ones.

Fun was had running along side our newly crowned Emperor, but we needed to sleep and Houli gracefully abdicated to give me a chance of the crown!

I was in 4th place at this stage - wow!

Unfortunately I had picked a week when a truly hardcore player was also determined to go for the top spot!
So continuing to join lfg's and repairing keeps like a crazy person, I edged my way up the leader board over taking an old friend - felt bad about that but I was on a mission and nothing was going to stand in my way.

Got to second place only 40k stood between us, then I had to take a day's break to go out with friends (I was on holiday and didn't initially intend to spend all day in doors hammering away at my keyboard!) while I was away in the sunshine I came back and he had pulled the gap even wider back up to 90k - does this guy never sleep!?
This was the point that I almost threw in the towel, I thought shoot I am never going to get there, but then thought what have I got to lose, I have had such great fun, met some truly amazing people, helped another chap get the crown and got a char that is maxxed out on skills - win win what ever the outcome!

I got into a very organised, dedicated group who knew and worked the map brilliantly lead by Cassiel Hellscream (don't know his gamer name sadly!) and I went with them taking keeps, defending keeps, stealing scrolls and generally have a blast!

By this time I had reached and passed V1 so couldn't log out, and was so close to the chap in 1st place no sleep for me then! 30k to go, but every time I got any AP he seemed to mirror the amount (turns out most of the time we were fighting alongside each other so no wonder!) Finally his AP stops going up - he went to bed - yay!! I kept getting gifts of armour in the post so my gear was a bit better at least!

This was my final opportunity to go for it, it was now or never!

I swept the map repairing everything in sight (had been a busy Sunday fortunately so lots to do!) Pushed forward and was in 1st place - 1st place an achievement in it's own right, a total PvP Nooblet, who had no idea what she was doing on a bizarre hybrid character had somehow managed to claw her way to the top - I just kept giggling about how improbable it all was! So whatever the outcome now I had made it to number one (mostly because the other chap finally needed to sleep more than anything!)

We also miraculously had 4 home keeps, can this be true - Empress is actually within my grasp - calm down Aims don't get too excited, we are not there yet!

So Rav and I rallied the troops got a small group of guildies and friends together - Caranti, Smiley, Rav and others I can't remember after 2 days not sleeping my brain had turned to mush! (it was hard to pull people together as it was now 6am in the morning)

We decided to attack Arrius keep which was currently owned by AD, got to the 2nd flag and got ninja wiped by EP, maybe I won't get the crown after all!

Then Smiley came up with a plan of getting one person to attack one keep while we sneakily ninja another, which worked and we were down to the final keep!

We dashed to the last keep took the flags and amazingly I was Empress!! (I had a little weep as it was all so overwhelming - people had been so sweet and kind along the way and I was a bit exhausted too!) I had grinded so much that I was now V2 so again couldn't log out.

After helping keep the fight going (badly of course getting Empress doesn't make you a good PvPer! But as Houli said think of dying as Empress as a way of granting people the killer achievement - love it my way of thinking!) I decided I needed to sleep, bade farewell to the lovely people in Baby PvP and logged - which meant I abdicated, I had out levelled the campaign :(, but the great thing was it gave the guy in 2nd place (who had overtaken me again once he woke up anyway - so technically was in 1st place!) a day in which to gain the crown!

Sadly I used up my last non vet slot so can't return until DB DLC and I can buy another spot - but I will definitely be back!

Would I do it again - probably on my next holiday in November, but next time I will be more organised!

Anyway I thought I would share my story it was a truly phenomenal week - exhausting but fabulous, I actually really enjoyed PvP - I am stunned to be making that statement!

Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c020b70d-7fd7-4c28-90e5-60019fa1855a.png[/img]
    My letter :)
    Edited by Aimora on May 17, 2016 11:24AM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sha'mash's stats (not amazing even after becoming Empress!) And not looking so good in the Costume :/
    814478fd-44f1-47c5-891b-e4c2fb369ca3.png[/img]
    Edited by Aimora on May 17, 2016 11:31AM

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the Costume actually was for :)
    b8816566-f303-44c1-9757-208eb8e527f3.png

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.

Sounds like you'll have some great memories every time you see that costume. :smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a read... gratz.

Not something I'm ever going to be bothered doing I might add.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey - sorry we didn't get to duel again - was bushed!!

I had so much fun it was amazing! Tell Smiley I couldn't find him on here to tag him :/

• clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well earned and congrats.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That's a great and inspiring story! Congratulations!
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That's a great and inspiring story! Congratulations!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An inspiration for all future Empresses and Emperors :p

Gz
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    An inspiration for all future Empresses and Emperors :p

Gz

Haha - yes keep repairing those keeps lol

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats :) a good read
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Nice state of current pvp: now every pve'er can take an excursion trip in Cyro and get his crown... Luckily it's only BWB campaign.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats :) I value my sleep far too much to try for emp
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Nice state of current pvp: now every pve'er can take an excursion trip in Cyro and get his crown... Luckily it's only BWB campaign.

Yes anyone can do it.

GTFO of this thread with you negativity.

• sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Aims. Now i know why u couldnt help me with a dung the other night. Truly well done
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    Quite a read... gratz.

@Nermy let me know when you have time off work for a week. MoMads will help crown you. :wink:
    You've been a good sport in PvP long enough to deserve the push.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you online during the Sypher stream?
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well done. Hopefully you don't get deposed within a few hours like I did many months ago. Should be at least a 24hr cool down on emp imo. I barely got to enjoy any of it, hopefully you reign long enough for entire zergs to hunt you down and fail time and time again.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!
    a good read too :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Nice state of current pvp: now every pve'er can take an excursion trip in Cyro and get her crown... Luckily it's only BWB campaign.

Hehe - still was a fun thing :) Took nothing away from anyone else really - the chap in 2nd place will still probably get it, in fact for me it put a positive spin on PvP after seeing all the whining posts on the forums, previously I had no interest!

I will be pvping more which has got to be good for pvp surely the more people that play the better or do you hardcore pvpers want to keep it all to yourselves? And I can assure you it was no excursion - it was a long hard grind with a couple of nights not sleeping!

But can we please not turn this into a Pvp vs Pve thread, that wasn't my intent, there are enough of those already on the forums - in fact this experience has given me a much better insight into PvP.

(Edited the part in bold for you :P)
    Edited by Aimora on May 17, 2016 12:23PM

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerok wrote: »
    Were you online during the Sypher stream?

Not sure when was that if it was between Tue of last week and Monday of this week then highly likely as I was rarely offline :)

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Aims. Now i know why u couldnt help me with a dung the other night. Truly well done

Haha yes you know me I will always help if I can - even drop what I am doing if I can go back to it, I got to a point where I wasn't able to log even if I wanted to lol

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing story so... Cheerful:) Big respect for you, I truly doubt that I will ever achive something like that, I have no time and patience :P Usualy I dont care about events like this but it was so optimistic post that I just couldnt resist. Awesome :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proud of you perhaps one day I can get it on Augustus and be crowned the first Septim Emperor
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Proud of you perhaps one day I can get it on Augustus and be crowned the first Septim Emperor

Go for it :)

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Nermy wrote: »
    Quite a read... gratz.

@Nermy let me know when you have time off work for a week. MoMads will help crown you. :wink:
    You've been a good sport in PvP long enough to deserve the push.

@Turelus really nice offer mate but it won't be until next winter, not wasting a week of summer in Cyrodiil!! lol! :)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    congratulations, my feline Empress :)

if you are into animal rights, now it's the time to change things in Tamriel
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandryah wrote: »
    congratulations, my feline Empress :)

if you are into animal rights, now it's the time to change things in Tamriel

Shoot I am a Vegan too - missed a chance there :/

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »
    Not sure when was that if it was between Tue of last week and Monday of this week then highly likely as I was rarely offline :)

Sypher stream was Saturday afternoon started at about 1pm ( EST ) and went for a few hours ... I got killed by the sypher squad with sypher doing the last 700 damage with a pulse lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣