The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Profile contains "UNKNOWN" for all of my quests and unknown locations

baldguy50
baldguy50
Hello,
On my xbox one profile, I just tried launching my profile "Gernmeister" and now all of my quest list contains "UNKNOWN" and if I choose a quest, it shows
"TRACKER GOAL TEXT".

It appears that all of the locations and data for the quests is gone. Please tell me how to restore it.

Thanks.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to ask, if you are in the game, does your Journal show the quests correctly?

If so, this is more an Xbox issue. It maybe that the Xbox is not fully synced with your account. Not sure what to say on that, other than try a hard power cycle (shut down, unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in restart) Note the unplug may not be necessary so try the shutdown/restart only.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• baldguy50
    baldguy50
    The Journal does not show the quests correctly. I logged out, powered off, and powered back on again and the same problem. It is even worse than the Journal showing UNKNOWN. When I look at my character, all of my class skills and weapon skills and everything is blank. If I go talk to an NPC, all of the text in the box is blank and when I get near an NPC, they show up as "OFFLINE".

The funny thing is that I can see other players names in the game okay and it has options to interact with them.

This is really bad and I hope that can fix my profile. I have spend many hours and am up to level 43 on my character. Starting over is not an option.
  • baldguy50
    baldguy50
    FYI: I have been looking at the ESO support pages and notice some maintenance was performed on the North American server today. This new maintenance may have something to do with my corrupted profile?
  • carlab87b16_ESO
    I've got the same problem on xbox eu server, posted pics in a thread below but no luck yet. Hope you get sorted
  • Dethjestic69
    Any luck with your issues? I am having the same thing happen after yesterdays updates. Haven't seen any responses from ZOS as to what is up with this.
  • carlab87b16_ESO
    I've put a ticket in but nothing yet my end, no joy on here either. Don't really want to have to do a complete un/reinstall :-(
  • baldguy50
    baldguy50
    I fixed my problem by un-installing and re-installing ESO on my xbox. It takes up the better part of a day doing that because it was 28 gb.

FYI: I had submitted a support ticket but the response from support was to do a hard shutdown of the xbox and restart. I had already did that anyway.
  • carlab87b16_ESO
    I just had that response too, damn.
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem, can't even play the damn game. Hope there is a fix soon.
    No Lollygagging.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue too months back. There's a thread on it.
    Nothing official tho.

Let me search...

Try deleting only your Xbox live profile from the console.
    Then perform a hard reset

Add profile back

Try and comment back
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 10, 2016 3:37PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • SCUBAguy01
    SCUBAguy01
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't played the game in almost two months. I started playing a couple of days ago and the same thing was happening to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and it was still happening. I found this thread and read that a hard reset might work. I tried a hard reset and it worked on the first try.