Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Campaigns, I'm about to dip my toe in this water and need some advice

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
Hi Guys

I've been everywhere else, (I'm in Wrothgar at the moment) so I got the Imperial City add on. I believe that you enter through Campaigns. I've had a look in there and see that it lists...

HAERUS (7 Day Resources)

THORNBLADE (7 Day Keeps)

SCOURGE (30 Day Standard)

BLACKWATER BLADE (Non-Veteran)

Followed by the three alliances of which mine is the Aldmeri Dominion. (I don't know whether the fact that I also bought the ability to play in any alliance, makes any difference here or not). If I can choose, which alliance should it be?

Adding to the above I'm a VR16 High Elf Sorcerer, who to date has only played solo PVE, mainly because I like helping others.

Now that you understand where I'm coming from, would someone like to tell me about the above and where I would best fit in? I don't know anything about them, other than these guesses...

(7 Day Keeps) Would that be either attacking or defending Keeps?

(Non-Veteran) Would this mean I wouldn't be accepted?

High Elf, VampArconist
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @mikeb16_ESO41 you are v16 so you can't enter blackwater blade, it's only for non veteran characters. As for the other campaigns it doesn't matter really. The ability to play any alliance you mentioned just means you can play as any race in any alliance. So none of that matters. You would attacking and defending keeps in all campaigns and yes you enter imperial city through cyrodiil. Though once you get into imperial city it has nothing to do with cyrodiil.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that cleared things up.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes and no.

Initially my guesses were right then.

So, the fact that I'm already Aldmeri Dominion affiliated, wouldn't stop me joining any of the three for these campaigns?

"you enter imperial city through cyrodiil." How do I enter Cyrodiil?
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you chose aldmeri dominion in the beginning so that is what you are. You enter cyrodiil by going to the campaign tab and picking a campaign then entering it. Imperial city is at the center so you have to run there. The choose any alliance thing only allows you to say play dunmer in aldmeri dominion as without that perk you could only be dunmer if you chose ebonheart pact.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    No, if your character is AD, you can only enter the campaigns on AD side. In order to join other alliances in the campaigns, you have to make a character in those alliances.

You can enter Cyrodiil by pressing <L>, which will open the PvP menu. Select the campaign you want to join (select it either as home of guest), right click it, select "enter campaign" and of you go. It is possible that there is a que if that campaign has the maximum allowed players for your alliance (pop-locked). this is indicated by the lock symbol underneath the alliance symbol.

You can enter the Imperial city through 3 sewer entrances around lake Rumare (the lake that surrounds IC). They are indicated on the map. It doesn't matter where you enter, you will automatically go to the sewer base of your alliance.

Setting a campaign as home means that your score (by killing people, taking keeps/resources etc) counts for the leaderboard of that campaign. Your position on the leaderboard will determine the End-of-Campaign awards you will get when the campaign ends.
    Setting a campaign as guest means that your actions will not count for the leader board. It will however count for your personal PvP rank (also in the PvP menu).

Leaving Cyrodiil can only be done by the normal wayshrine, of which are two (one at each entry point). From them you can port to any other shrine that you discovered in Tamriel.

Some pieces of advice:
    when you enter Cyrodiil, do the introduction mission. It will show the basics regarding fast travel, siege weapons and elder scrolls.
    Expect to die a lot in the beginning. Don't let this discourage you, we all had to endure it. The battlefield is the best school for learning and perfecting combat tactics.
    Don't be afraid to try out skills. Skills that may be useless in PvE can be of use in PvP.

Have fun!
    Edited by Carraig on May 13, 2016 1:31PM
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    EsoRecon

"so you have to run there." Can't I use my horse?

So, Carraig, are you saying that PVP is the only way in Cyrodiil?. I was led to believe you can play PVE as well?

"You can enter Cyrodiil by pressing <L>"

I'm playing via PS4
    Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on May 13, 2016 1:38PM
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Carraig, are you saying that PVP is the only way in Cyrodiil?. I was led to believe you can play PVE as well?

Yes you can do pve in cyrodiil but it is in a PvP zone. So other players can still kill you.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    You can PvE there as well. There are quests and delves there too. But bear in mind that there are many PvP-players who don't see the difference between a PvE-player and a PvP-player (some don't even care, to say it bluntly) and will attack you without hesitation.

Oh, and you can use a horse to go to the sewer entrances. And sorry, I play on PC so I have to press <L>. Don't know how it is on consoles, but the help-menu should have an answer to that.
    Edited by Carraig on May 13, 2016 1:43PM
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    "select it either as home or guest" What would be the difference to me?
    Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on May 13, 2016 1:48PM
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • ZiggyC
    ZiggyC
    ✭✭
    I tried the Imperial City but was on my own so I didn't get very far. I'm similar to you, played mostly solo and I'm VR5 at the moment. I'm PS4 AD too if you want join up at some point and hang around Cyrodil. I'm a total noob at PVP for the record.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZiggyC

One of the main reasons I play solo is a time problem. Because when I play either no-one or not many others are playing. That would be weekday afternoons, between 2.30 and 5.30.

Did you go in as Home or a Guest?
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys

I've been everywhere else, (I'm in Wrothgar at the moment) so I got the Imperial City add on. I believe that you enter through Campaigns.

Adding to the above I'm a VR16 High Elf Sorcerer, who to date has only played solo PVE, mainly because I like helping others.

Be aware that the Imperial City is not for the weak of heart, or for the inexperienced in PVP; IC sewers are brutal and unforgiving. So you need to be aware of your surroundings, and a standard PVE AOE clear build doesn't work well when you get pounded on by gankers.

Rules for the Imperial City:

1. Be aware of your surroundings
    2. Be careful
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    ZiggyC

I take it you aren't playing through those times either then, never mind.

Totalitarian

1. Be aware of your surroundings
    2. Be careful

Surely this applies to everyone, anywhere regardless of PVP or PVE?
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • ZiggyC
    ZiggyC
    ✭✭
    Sorry for late reply, just saw this. Unfortunately I work during those times so wouldn't be able to get online.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZiggyC

No problem, I can understand what it's like to be tied to the job, working when you have to rather than when you want to and possibly, not even liking what you do. I was once in that same position. Fortunately though, I managed to escape and so now I can choose the hours and when I work.

My choice is to start work early in the morning, when I'm fresh and most alert and overflowing with new ideas. I'm a graphic artist, glass engraver, wood carver, sculpter and poet. None of my work could be called lame or wet as it tends to be deep, dark and heavily influenced by the Gothic movement, as am I. I also compose, play and record, my own (unconventional) music, for my entertainment and enjoyment. But I do like to play these type of RPG games to unwind and chill.

Such is Life
    Graphicool1
    Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on May 15, 2016 12:50PM
    High Elf, VampArconist