Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Craglorn writs ; no glass fragments?

Locust115
Locust115
i was on ESO membership for 2 months, doing crafting in Wrothgar i got lots of glass fragments, almost every day, sometimes 2
now that that membership time expired, and im gonna go a month or two without.... ive done writs a couple days now and i havent gotten pretty well anything of value. is this unbalanced? are you only rewarding players who subscribe?
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen the rewards for doing writs change daily, as they should...since it would be boring to receive the same items every day! Hang in there and keep doing your writs. I don't believe your rewards are linked in any way to membership. You're just going through the normal cycle. Sometimes you get fragments, sometimes surveys..and sometimes you get 10 potatoes and some trait gems and deconstructable gear.

* but I do hope you get something nice soon..it makes doing and delivering the writs more fun. :)
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glass fragments are very rare; can't even remember when I got one. I ended up buying them.
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    Over the last 2 months i was getting glass fragments every single day as an ESO plus member, now that I'm not, i'm not handing in writs in wrothgar, im not getting surveys for my level and I'm not getting glass fragments. pretty sure this is a bug.
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    just handed in my writs for the 5th day as a non eso plus member, no glass motif fragment. literally last week i was doing this and getting at least 1 almost every single day from orsinium.
    Edited by Locust115 on May 11, 2016 9:02AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no DLC's, my 10/10 crafting goes to Craglorn and I have about 33 Glass Fragments piling up. I also have 3 full on crafters doing the daily writs, so my chances are much higher. I don't get one every day, but I do get a couple once in a while. I have no real plans on buying the 10k item to transform them, I might end up selling them and try to find a complete motif on a guild trader instead.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bug. I have 3 crafters, 2 which are wrothgar. The other I have 1/2 wrothgar and 1/2 (alchemy, woodworking, and blacksmith) I go to Craglorn. Craglorn usually gets a alchemy survey every time but only 1-2 woodworking/smithing surveys a week and glass fragment about every other week. Its nothing to do with ESO plus, its just how craglorn has always dropped. At least you get a ton of nirncrux you can trade.
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    Alright, lets make a few things clear. I play mainly on my Vet 16 character, 2 weeks before release(during beta), I have been playing 6 months of the 1st year of paid time, and pretty regularly since the unlimited. all crafting maxd, max skills.. ect. ive been doing writs before wrothgar, which i received zero glass frags, once i was ESO member WITH wrothgar for 2 months. I got 1-2 glass motifs. every. single. day. up to last week, when i got my last 10 frags together and made my 2nd chapter, which i used. these are ALL of the fragments I have EVER found, (granted since IC release.)

so roughly, between a 25-60 day period, i made 2 entire crafting chapters of glass motifs. getting at least 1 per day, some days not getting any, some days getting 2, out of either woodworking blacksmith or clothier

now all this being said. the ONLY frags i have EVER received were SPECIFICALLY through writs out of wrothgar, when I was ESO plus member. maybe it has something to do with xp boost or something, i don't know, but i can tell you for sure it is not balanced.

i spent about a week doing writs delivered to craglorn, NON eso plus, and havent seen a single one since.

tell me im crazy
    Edited by Locust115 on May 11, 2016 1:32PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Locust115 wrote: »
    Alright, lets make a few things clear. I play mainly on my Vet 16 character, 2 weeks before release(during beta), I have been playing 6 months of the 1st year of paid time, and pretty regularly since the unlimited. all crafting maxd, max skills.. ect. ive been doing writs before wrothgar, which i received zero glass frags, once i was ESO member WITH wrothgar for 2 months. I got 1-2 glass motifs. every. single. day. up to last week, when i got my last 10 frags together and made my 2nd chapter, which i used. these are ALL of the fragments I have EVER found, (granted since IC release.)

so roughly, between a 25-60 day period, i made 2 entire crafting chapters of glass motifs. getting at least 1 per day, some days not getting any, some days getting 2, out of either woodworking blacksmith or clothier

now all this being said. the ONLY frags i have EVER received were SPECIFICALLY through writs out of wrothgar, when I was ESO plus member. maybe it has something to do with xp boost or something, i don't know, but i can tell you for sure it is not balanced.

i spent about a week doing writs delivered to craglorn, NON eso plus, and havent seen a single one since.

tell me im crazy

Cool story. Well I went 9 months solid without an ambrosia fragment. True story. Glass fragments drop in craglorn. Picked up one today on clothier writ.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    im not talking about ambrosia, to date i've still only had 1 ambrosia fragment. I'm talking about glass, and for players who switch between ESO plus membership and non. this is a very significant difference in frags collected.
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    to make a more solid point, i go from handing in Veteran 15 potions, 1 ruby and 2 void/ nightwood items, to having to craft 6 night/void items per writ, no ruby items, and all the levels are 10 stages below. I should be getting the same level as my character, no? that would only make sense.
    Edited by Locust115 on May 11, 2016 11:44PM
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never had a membership. I have 2 characters that do writs every day. One that turns them in at Wrothgar and one that turns them in at Craglorn. I average at least 6 glass fragments per week between the 2.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always had a subscription. I used to get quite a few glass fragments. Lately, they seem rare. Bottom-line, the drops are an RNG issue, nothing to do with having or not having a subscription.

464988a-i1.0.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    okay cool, that provides a bit more feedback for this. thanks guys.
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    soo, a week of writs with no motif rewards. 2 days after renewing my membership, 1st day i get ambrosia recipe, 2nd day i get glass fragment.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never subbed and I have 5 of the glass motif pages.

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't think that there is a connection. I've never subbed, and I still get the pages on a consistent basis.
  • Locust115
    Locust115
    @Jazbay_Grape alright thank you, thats kinda what i was looking for.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you were on Xbox, I would just give mine to you.