Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Character – Astara Caerellius"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
4fc2c4c34a210f207eaaf8245b086653.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet the Character –Astara Caerellius. In this second Dark Brotherhood Meet the Character, you'll learn about the Matron of the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary at the Gold Coast.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love reading Green-Venom-Tongue's notes on her. I hope we get an article on Elam too. He is my favorite by far.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we have a lady in charge of a criminal organization being spied on by an Argonian subordinate...

...now am I talking about the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood?

Zeni, please just take a handful of dice and randomize your race/gender/role combinations a little more. Please?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very happy that she is an old woman! It might not seem like much, but I just very rarely get to meet old women in games OR other medias that are treated with respect, and still have their age achknowledged. Old people will grow older and not be in their prime, but that is OKAY, and they still have things up their sleeve, and that is expected. Though I don't know how I will react to the Dark Brotherhood, as I never joined in the past, I'm glad that Astara gets to be old, soft but still tough and respected BECAUSE of it, not despite.
    So we have a lady in charge of a criminal organization being spied on by an Argonian subordinate...

...now am I talking about the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood?

Zeni, please just take a handful of dice and randomize your race/gender/role combinations a little more. Please?

I don't know if I would call it spying. Green follows her to learn more about her for his own personal, curious interest, he does not do it for anyone else. He is new and tries to figure people out, and though he certainly did not have to spy/stalk to do that, I honestly won't hold an assassin up to my normal morals and manners. Likewise, Zeira was new in the position of guildmaster, and Walks-Softly felt he needed to keep an eye out for her behind her back because she didn't want anyone's help. Though the genders and one race is the same, the positions, ages and reasonings because the espionage are different.
  • Llevndryn
    Llevndryn
    ✭✭✭
    I always love these lore article. This is always nice to hear a little about the characters before we meet them.