The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Would being v rank 8-14 kill all reason to do Caldwell silver and gold

BossXV
BossXV
✭✭✭✭
Hello, I'm on my first play through and really taking my time and enjoying every bit of the game. When I complete the main quest I want to also enjoy silver and gold, but I also really want to competitively do PvP, I've done several hours of researching builds, classes, asking questions and I've got it all figured out, all stamina plus food in short. Would grinding for a high veteran level kill the reason and fun of me doing silver and gold. Would it be to easy and have no XP?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing Sliver/Gold at VR8+?
    It'll be a walk in the park. Boss mobs will fall over and play dead when they see you approach.

You'll still get some XP and you can sell the loot, but there won't be any real challenge.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on March 9, 2016 9:18PM
    Options
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will get skill points for the main quests you see in Caldwells silver and gold journal, they give XP, and you will unlock way shrines which will allow you to get to Thieves Guild heist quest areas.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to VR16 at the beginning of doing Caldwell's Gold. Currently on 3rd zone for Calswell's gold . Its boringly easy. and the loot drops are leveled to the zone and not the player so they are only good for selling.

Still need to do it for the skill points you get from skyshards and quests.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • Firmus
    Firmus
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure about the XP, but you will get skill points for doing the main quests. That was my only motivation for doing them, actually. Mobs will be easy to kill, but I don't think it will ruin the fun, as long as you are interested in the story.

I don't know about you, but killing lower-level mobs gives me a better idea of how much damage my attacks are doing. Since I don't use any addons, that's actually quite useful.
    Options