The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alliance Change dev request

Bytex
Bytex
Soul Shriven
I know this has probably been suggested a few times already but I´d really like to see an option to change the alliance of my characters and I´d personally pay up to 2k crowns for it.

Can we please get an official reply from Zenimax so I can decide whether I´ll continue to lvl my v1 templar that´s on the wrong fraction.
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I want this too... Although I'd much prefer if it were a gold cost rather than crowns... Say 1M gold per change. It should be a big decision regardless. I don't wanna see people flipping between alliances (with the same character) on a regular basis, which means there needs to be a significant cooldown on it too.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this should be added, but not in an "just pay and poof, new alliance" way.

I want an big questline for this!
    Starting with an "loyalty called in question" flavor, and leading up to a big decision - stay loyal and find out who framed you, or defect to another alliance, with the rest of the questline going quite differently depending on that decision.

Possibly started by some consumable bought from the crown store... gold price is pretty much out of the question at this point, since they switched to BtP model, they needs to make their profit from the crown store, so we will have to expect anything that costs them extra developer resources to implement to come with an crown price tag attached...
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    I want this too, I don't care if it's a shop thing, or a questline (although quest line would be cool) I have a couple characters I'd like to move to another faction since friends I started the game with either quit or largely play on other factions now.
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they use it to rebalance faction population. I can just see this turning PvP into more of a nightmare if done wrong.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

It's bad enough now with people making new toons and joining a winning alliance. I see so many people on a blue, then red, then yellow toon based on which one is winning.

There should be a huge penalty for swapping alliances. It's a joke currently.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this, I started creating a DK argonian Ebonheart Pact Alliance, but was kicked to log screen before I could finish. When I tried again, I picked an argonian thinking that it would automatically make him pact alliance, even if I have the "Any race, any alliance". Turns out he was put into the Dominion! Grrrr! So I've just left the poor guy in the Wailing Prison until I can figure out what to do. I haven't leveled up or anything and since I haven't advanced in the any alliance themed quests, I should be able to change. :'( I don't want to waste a character slot over a stupid mistake.
    PC/EU DC
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just deleted 3 toons a few days ago a VR16 and two VR1's so that I could get 7/8 of my toons all on same alliance. The mount training on them had been holding me off from doing that. So now I have 3 characters that will need mount training again. I have one character that is still not the same faction as rest and I can't delete him, he knows all the motiffs and all the recipes and is almost a full 9 trait crafter.

I really wish we had an alliance change option, at least a one time change per character. I'm not looking to switch back and forth, I just didn't have the insight to make all my characters the same faction when I first started playing.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    I really wish we had an alliance change option, at least a one time change per character. I'm not looking to switch back and forth, I just didn't have the insight to make all my characters the same faction when I first started playing.

That's a good idea, having a one time change. It would avoid people swapping to join the winning alliance! Kudos!
    PC/EU DC