The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Direct X not supported" even when it's downloaded through your installer & it is supported

Nehemia
Nehemia
✭✭✭
Now this baffles me, this isn't the first time I have ESO on this lap top, which yes does in fact run DX11 games, it even has it installed. Even though the GPU does not officially support it, games like the newest Thief (which system requirements are awfully high) run just fine.

Now, that isn't the weird thing here, because I've played ESO at launch and further without problems, it's just that now I downloaded it it keeps popping me the error even though it should just work fine, and I am sure it would if the game client wasn't forced to shut itself down thanks to apparently unsupported direct X. Is there any way to keep the game running. i.e. by pass the forced shut down?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nehemia wrote: »
    Now this baffles me, this isn't the first time I have ESO on this lap top, which yes does in fact run DX11 games, it even has it installed. Even though the GPU does not officially support it, games like the newest Thief (which system requirements are awfully high) run just fine.

Now, that isn't the weird thing here, because I've played ESO at launch and further without problems, it's just that now I downloaded it it keeps popping me the error even though it should just work fine, and I am sure it would if the game client wasn't forced to shut itself down thanks to apparently unsupported direct X. Is there any way to keep the game running. i.e. by pass the forced shut down?

If your GPU doesnt support DX11 those games you are playing are not using DX11. Thief btw is from 2014 (2 years old) and runs either dx10 or 11 depending on your gpu. In your case 10.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 28, 2016 7:16PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to top it all off, they removed OpenGL support from the PC version of the game just to make sure you're completely and utterly screwed ...
    :smiley:
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    And to top it all off, they removed OpenGL support from the PC version of the game just to make sure you're completely and utterly screwed ...

But it indeed was there.

I'm going to need someones usersettings.txt since I cannot create one myself, I'm fairly sure its still available, but not supported and hidden, and I'm damn sure it would work just fine.
  • urbandruid36
    I've been trying to get on with my geforce 210 and changing the usersettings.txt line to opengl hasn't helped me. I'm thinking I'm locked out til i update gpu :s
  • thejynxed
    thejynxed
    Nehemia wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »

But it indeed was there.

I'm going to need someones usersettings.txt since I cannot create one myself, I'm fairly sure its still available, but not supported and hidden, and I'm damn sure it would work just fine.

It won't work, they stripped out the files that actually support OpenGL for the PC version, it isn't just a simple enable line in the settings file.