Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Siege Weapon announced

Birdovic
Birdovic
✭✭✭✭✭
So yeah, in The latest Interview with Mmorpg.com, @ZOS_BrianWheeler mentioned The following:
Also, we want to give Cyrodiil some new toys so we’re looking into adding an entirely new siege weapon that is Dwemer-based with some magical influences

My Hope Is Something Similar to Vicious Death, just as Siege Weapon and Maybe Shock instead of Fire
(If its true, Change vicious Death so insteadThe player Wearing it, explodes, hitting close enemies).

To Quote another interesting Part:
Coming up this year, we’re going to add captureable towns into Cyrodiil, and look to expand on that more along with giving keeps and resources more upgrades.

What Upgrades could it be? Maybe emperor can upgrade keeps with higher walls/traps/recruit more Guards/Grant passives for allies etc? Or just more Boring passive higher Numbers from Controlling Towns?

What do you guys think? :)
Edited by Birdovic on May 8, 2016 9:10AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more VD.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    No more VD.

Lol yeah, absolutely agree.
    But Having Access to VD-Effect only with Siege, limits The Potential Number of users alot.
    So:
    - No more mag nb madness
    - no more Anti-Zerg Mechanic used by Zergs against few players just as effectively

Or Maybe you got some Suggestion or ideas for The new Weapon?
    Edited by Birdovic on May 8, 2016 9:20AM
  • dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steam driven cannon?
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam does definetly sound like a good idea and absolutely fits the Dwemer Theme.
    Maybe something that looks like the giant thing in the middle in Maelstrom Arena 2?

Or really a "Cannon" of some sort, shooting straight and long range, hitting everyone the projectile passes trough and only stops after X Meters travelled and on solid things (walls/hills/...)?
    Like this, it can shoot trough 50 enemies running towards you and hit everyone, but is ineffective when used from a Keep Wall etc.
    Edited by Birdovic on May 8, 2016 9:30AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a mechanical steam monster with hammers at hands, mobile after deploy, like the battering ram, but you can jump in and steer it from inside :)
    dwarf-dreadnought.jpg

Edit: obviously it must be made from aetherium B)
    LostToTheAges02.png
    Edited by Gargath on May 8, 2016 9:38AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numidium
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gargath

The steam monster I dont know xD

But adding Aetherium as material, to CRAFT that new Dwemer Siege Weapon sounds like a great Idea!
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Numidium

Beat me to it!
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess its siege weapon with own protective shield, or would it be cool if there was some infantry siege weapons too.
    Edited by Sausage on May 8, 2016 10:21AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Maybe a mechanical steam monster with hammers at hands, mobile after deploy, like the battering ram, but you can jump in and steer it from inside :)
    dwarf-dreadnought.jpg

Edit: obviously it must be made from aetherium B)
    LostToTheAges02.png

yes
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    I guess its siege weapon with own protective shield, or would it be cool if there was some infantry siege weapons too.

Sounds like a neat idea. But I hope its not just another Alliance War "Siege Shield" or even worse, a Negation Field. Then Sorc wouldnt be needed anymore anywhere xD

I could imagine a "Dwemer Generator" which, when placed, grants passives Bonus to Allies in its radius.

For infantry weapon, maybe some huge, portable cannon, which can be moved around by a few players (like the ram).

Or a moveable, one directional Shield, also able to move it with enough Players. Could reduce projectile damage/reflect/completely absorb?
  • dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a huge (wide, actually) short cannon that leaps big rocks and the likes to castle walls.
    Maybe with some explosive character...

Seems logical.
    As possibility, that is.
    Edited by dtm_samuraib16_ESO on May 8, 2016 12:12PM
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or what about a veeery slowly firing, huge Trebuchet (dwemer themed ofc) which spawns a few Dwemer Spiders on impact, which have chance to disorient enemies, they hit? :lol:
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AHH TIBER SEPTIM IS COMING TO RID THESE LANDS OF THE FILTHY ALLIANCES. MECHA-GODZILLA STYLE.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep this scale please for eso siege :D
    latest?cb=20121127112154
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dwemer siege engines should cast an AoE on targeted group and make opposing sides file into single line formation and fight one at a time.

/Lag solved
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    No more VD.

Lol yeah, absolutely agree.
    But Having Access to VD-Effect only with Siege, limits The Potential Number of users alot.
    So:
    - No more mag nb madness
    - no more Anti-Zerg Mechanic used by Zergs against few players just as effectively

Or Maybe you got some Suggestion or ideas for The new Weapon?

Yeah, no. A VD version of siege limits the potential users to zergs. Zergs are the only groups that can effectively use siege in open field. This would also make taking a keep impossible. All it would take would be two or three people using VD siege to stop a group of any size at a keep breach. People really need to stop accepting, encouraging, and suggesting zerg busting easy buttons, and focus on getting the mechanics changed to provide an even playing field.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll let us shoot dwarven spheres at them :lol:
    Edited by Zyle on May 8, 2016 9:05PM

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this from ZOS? I noticed seige weapons can be placed closer to each other, but I haven't seen any new seige weapons after update 12.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Devlin69
    Devlin69
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its a treb you can sit in and be catapulted over the walls.
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Keep this scale please for eso siege :D
    latest?cb=20121127112154

GROND! GROND! GROND! GROND!
    Edited by Solus on November 3, 2016 4:52PM
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to say this, but by the time they actually implement w/e he is alluding to. I'm pretty sure another game will be out and PvP will be dead for in this game =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say this, but by the time they actually implement w/e he is alluding to. I'm pretty sure another game will be out and PvP will be dead for in this game =/

They need to fix things first. They need to stop making NEW things and fix what currently exisits
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, I know why this dwemer siege weapon wasn't introduced yet...
    Coming with crown crates *AHHHHhhhh....*
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Numidium

LOL.

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there were dwemer ballistae in Skyrim, so...
    DB-creature-Dwarven_Ballista.jpg
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there were dwemer ballistae in Skyrim, so...
    DB-creature-Dwarven_Ballista.jpg

I Imagine these need less space than ballistas next to each other, so on a wall with 10 people on it, using these next to each other, spamming bolts at enemies outside, would be pretty cool :lol:
    Edited by Birdovic on December 6, 2016 10:39AM
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »

Did you just necro'ed a topic just to rant about crown crates? This is kind low isn't it?

EDIT: I mean, this topic isn't even related to crown crates.
    Edited by Milvan on December 6, 2016 10:49AM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Birdovic wrote: »

Did you just necro'ed a topic just to rant about crown crates? This is kind low isn't it?

EDIT: I mean, this topic isn't even related to crown crates.

I necro'ed my thread, which still is relevant, since those ominous "dwemer siege weapons" havent found their way into the game yet, especially since this has been posted 7 months ago. Not to mention people are still interested, as you could see.
    And I still want to know what it exactly is, what people think it is and when we actually get it.