Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I switch campaigns without paying the 150k?

LearnThis
LearnThis
✭✭✭
I was playing a 7 day campaign, it finished, so I switched campaigns. I know the campaign ended because I received my reward. With the wording provided, it seems like I should be able to switch campaigns without paying for the change since the campaign ended. So, is the wording just poorly done, or did I miss something and paid the 150k when I should not have had to?
PSN: LearnThis
Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
Dunmer Dragonknight
Breton Nightblade
Breton Mage
Argonian Templar
Norn Dragonknight
High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird.

I could have sworn if you changed after a campaign ended it was free. Maybe there is a grace period or you have to not score points to maintain the free switch.

I wish I could help more but it's been so long since I changed a campaign and they seem to update how it works every DLC release now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand they want some friction in changing or ending campaigns. But this the main reason I won't do IC content is having to tie my character to a campaign just to go to the Imperial City. I think I can guest and get around it, but I think I have to be part of a group to do that. Not really sure as I have not gone to IC all that much because of the campaign restriction.

I think the game should just remove you from the campaign when it is over. No player intervention required.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to select the campaign you want to join prior to ending of the existing home campaign. Select "Later" and it will automatically switch you "Later" without charging you 150K. I do this with all my characters and haven't paid for any switch since PS4 launch last year. And I only have 1 character that has over 150K AP.

150K will be charged only if you select to switch"Now." I've never selected "Now."
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on May 6, 2016 8:45PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the campaign has ended you should be allowed to switch for free.

If it's not letting you then you can always set the switch to happen at the end of the next campaign cycle. As you're on a 7 day one you won't have to wait long.

Also in the DB update (end of the month) you can unassigned yourself from campaigns although I am not sure how the details of that work.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @Turelus Thank you for responding. I clicked "no" but I should have clicked yes. You did answer the question just not fix anything. The campaign was over and I had received the rewards. So, why did I have to pay to switch? Also, if you click on the switch campaign later it still says it is 150k.
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~