The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fury Set question

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know if the 5th trait on this is possible to make happen? It claims taking crit damage gives you increased weapon damage by 30 (gold level armor) for 6 seconds and can stack 20 times. Is this even possible? Has anyone been able to make it stack more than a couple times? Or is this just another major fail by ZoS to make something sound nice, but in reality is totally un-achievable.

I'm thinking if you'd have to take 20 crits in 6 seconds to realize the full potential of the buff. Or am I not seeing how this stacks correctly?
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's possible.. It refreshes. So crit once 30 wpn dmg for 6 seconds.. Crit again 30 more refresh 6 seconds, crit again 30 more wpn dmg 6 sec timer refreshes
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short.. So long as you get crit within the 6 sec window, the wpn dmg keeps stacking up and the 6 seconds keeps refreshing.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is complete garbage! Stay away from it. I hate it... don't even waste your time... please, stay away from it... I think it is just a novelty set anyways... you won't be happy with it... TRUST ME... just don't use it... are you hearing me???
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    This set is complete garbage! Stay away from it. I hate it... don't even waste your time... please, stay away from it... I think it is just a novelty set anyways... you won't be happy with it... TRUST ME... just don't use it... are you hearing me???

Hehe, yes I am hearing you brother! I just wanted to know the exact mechanic behind it before I toss it. But I do kinda like the 2,3,4 set bonuses. The stacking question was answered by the comment before yours. I thought that's how it worked, but wanted to confirm. I pictured being able to waltz into a zerg, get a bunch of crits on me going, then give some big offense back. However, I'd prolly die before that anyway.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. This really comes off as a "nothing to look at here folks, keep moving" kinda statement :p. Anyways, I feel like 5 fury+5 Black Rose could be very powerful next patch? When I saw the patch notes for heavy armor, these two sets were the first things to come to mind.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. This really comes off as a "nothing to look at here folks, keep moving" kinda statement :p. Anyways, I feel like 5 fury+5 Black Rose could be very powerful next patch? When I saw the patch notes for heavy armor, these two sets were the first things to come to mind.

Best way to test it would be whatever UI mod could put your weapon damage value on screen in a very visible place. Then get into some fights and see how often your WD goes to the max value and how often it stays there.
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it on my stam DK and it is nearly always up. Your weapons glow red when it procs and you can weapon swap without resetting the proc
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see the title of this thread I think "furry set". :#
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kid, I kid. @XSorus turned me onto the combination of Fury + Reactive and OMG is it just so much fun!!! and I do believe it will be even more powerful come the next DLC.

Cheers,
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kid, I kid. @XSorus turned me onto the combination of Fury + Reactive and OMG is it just so much fun!!! and I do believe it will be even more powerful come the next DLC.

Cheers,

Is 5pc fury better than other options tho? Planning my DB build and thinking about 5pc black rose, 2pc bloodspawn, plus 5 of something else. Thinking about 2 leki, 3 agility. Seems like this would be more consistent than 5pc fury.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers,

Well, guess I didn't see what you did there rofl. Rohaus you sneaky bastage! Thankfully I didn't do anything to the pieces I have on live. I would at least ask, if your willing to divulge...How many CP's do you have in crit resistance if any. (thinking little to none to get the procs to work) Also, I've heard reactive and fasalla's makes a great tanking combo. But this was from a templar. So IDK how well it could work on a DK.

I suppose we're getting a little off topic, but I appreciate the feedback from all =)
    Edited by Dreyloch on April 29, 2016 3:15PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers,

Is 5pc fury better than other options tho? Planning my DB build and thinking about 5pc black rose, 2pc bloodspawn, plus 5 of something else. Thinking about 2 leki, 3 agility. Seems like this would be more consistent than 5pc fury.

Black rose will be popular among tanks. I've tried that with bloodspawn on pts, and even with the gear all maxxed out it didn't seem to give much DPS. I guess it depends on if we're talking PvE vs. PvP. Because npc mobs don't crit. I don't PvE much, but I'm pretty sure that's true. So Fury would be a bad set for trials etc.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 black rose or reactive + fury is beast on pts... You can quickly hit close to 5k weapon damage with it and black rose.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Cheers,

Well, guess I didn't see what you did there rofl. Rohaus you sneaky bastage! Thankfully I didn't do anything to the pieces I have on live. I would at least ask, if your willing to divulge...How many CP's do you have in crit resistance if any. (thinking little to none to get the procs to work) Also, I've heard reactive and fasalla's makes a great tanking combo. But this was from a templar. So IDK how well it could work on a DK.

I suppose we're getting a little off topic, but I appreciate the feedback from all =)

Resistant and Impenetrable do not reduce your chance to be Crit; this used to be the case back in 1.5 and lower though. It only reduces the amount of Crit damage you take. Your opponents will still proc crits on you.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    5 black rose or reactive + fury is beast on pts... You can quickly hit close to 5k weapon damage with it and black rose.

Coupled with dw maelstrom weapons and dk goes beastmode on a WINPERIAL dk ^^
    Edited by actosh on May 1, 2016 6:33AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This set deserves to have the Crit window upped to 15 seconds. Would possibly find its way into some builds if it did.

As it stands it is not at all viable. Dark Brotherhood Heavy Armor buffs may help out a bit though toward making this set slightly used.
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Briarheart ( has weapons now as well) would probably procced easier and more often ( anyone tried it with BR or Reactive? ) and it seems that ( crude estimate) Fury comes ahead only when you have received 15-16 crits and above
    Edited by Minsc on May 1, 2016 7:52AM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minsc wrote: »
    Yeah Briarheart ( has weapons now as well) would probably procced easier and more often ( anyone tried it with BR or Reactive? ) and it seems that ( crude estimate) Fury comes ahead only when you have received 15-16 crits and above

They didn't provide us with a briarheart armor box, otherwise I would try it out. Unless it's now on templates with 2.4.1 PTS as of today. I'm at work so IDK. Kinda hoping they give us the 10 mil telvar stones we had in TG PTS too =/
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Cheers,

Resistant and Impenetrable do not reduce your chance to be Crit; this used to be the case back in 1.5 and lower though. It only reduces the amount of Crit damage you take. Your opponents will still proc crits on you.

Ok, there are some mechanics I still learn from time to time in this game heh. Ty for that =)
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Minsc wrote: »

Haven't tried, but have you heard about the giant space hamster boo set?
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tested and no it does not seem to be worth the trouble to use.