The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there add-ons that show another color for Magickal and Physical Damage ?

hrothbern
hrothbern
✭✭✭✭✭
Would be perfect when a corresponding log would show that as well

I am just wondering how to optimise my Spell Resistance versus Physical Resistance, but need data to do that really good.

Edited by hrothbern on April 27, 2016 7:39AM
"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU

Best Answer

• emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have something called 'combat cloud'. You can make any type of damage any color, including dots, make crits larger, change fonts, where they appear on the screen, pretty much anything you want.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
    Answer ✓
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use FTC and the floaty Combat Log function shows different colored damage but I don't think that the "damage type" is exposed in the API as I saw no difference when testing it just now for you between physical and magical damage.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because a skill does magic damage doesn't mean it gets mitigated by spell resistance. I know for sure that the physical penetration from surprise attack increases the damage I do with soul harvest, even though it's magic damage. But I can't tell you if that's the only skill or if there are other skills that work in a similar way.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I use FTC and the floaty Combat Log function shows different colored damage but I don't think that the "damage type" is exposed in the API as I saw no difference when testing it just now for you between physical and magical damage.
    Thanks @runagate , for trying to find out :)

Just because a skill does magic damage doesn't mean it gets mitigated by spell resistance. I know for sure that the physical penetration from surprise attack increases the damage I do with soul harvest, even though it's magic damage. But I can't tell you if that's the only skill or if there are other skills that work in a similar way.
    Interesting, perhaps because Soul Harvest is an Ultimate, it benefits from your best penetration as well.
    Thanks, for sharing @lolo_01b16_ESO :)

Edited by hrothbern on April 29, 2016 3:52AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU