Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shocking Maul - 20K+ DPS Melee Stam Sorc

Kerioko
Kerioko
✭✭✭✭
This is a min/max DPS build for end-game content. It will hold its own across all content, with minimum skill changes, but truly shines in stack n' burn DPS races.

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Gear And Stats!

stats_zpsnssuokqt.png

[th]5 Hunding's Rage[/th][th]3 Agility Jewelry[/th][th]2/3 Night's Silence[/th][th]1 Molag Kena[/th]
(2) + 3% Weapon Crit(2) + Max Stamina(2) + Max Stamina(1) + Weapon/Spell Dmg
(3) + Max Stamina(3) + Weapon Dmg(3) + Stamina Regen(4) + 3% Weapon Crit
(5) + Weapon Dmg

## Currently run Healthy V16 Agility Jewelry with two weapon damage and one feat cost reduction enchants! This is a lot cheaper option than robust and allows me to put all my attribute points in stamina, while still getting 20K health. A viable option if you can't afford the agility set is running a robust endurance set with all weapon dmg glyphs.

I currently run this set-up with 7/7 Medium. with all divine traits. Given this is a pure stamina build, the bonuses you get from the two extra medium armor pieces seems better than the extra 4% stats from the undaunted passive.

When it comes to major stats, you want to aim for something around 20K health, 35K stamina, and 10K magicka when fully buffed. You also want to try and get around 1.5K stam regen, 3.5K weapon damage with above 50% weapon crit. Another thing to look at is having between 15K-20K buffed resistance since this is a full melee build.

For most content, I run Serpent Mundus for the 500 extra regen it gives me. For trials, switch to shadow or warrior to boost damage output

Another gear set-up I want to test that I believe would push this build to the max is replacing my sets with 5-piece Briarheart, 5-piece Sheer Venom, with Arena weapons. Briarheart would give about the same DPS as hunding's, but add in some survivability on top of crit surge. Sheer Venom would be nice to add some extra DoT damage to your executes and AOE! This affects both Critical Rush and Wrecking Blow thanks to the execution damage passive of Executioner.

[th]5 Briarheart[/th][th]5 Sheer Venom[/th][th]Arena Weapons (2H, Bow, and Daggers)[/th]
(2) + 3% Weapon Crit(2) + Max Stamina(1) + Weapon Dmg and Special Enchant
(3) + Max Stamina(3) + Weapon Dmg(4) + 3% Weapon Crit(4) + Weapon Dmg
(5) + Weapon Dmg and Heal on Crit(5) + Poison Dot on Execute

SECOND SHIFT: Lets Look At Primary DPS Set-up

##NOTE: This build is built around hard hitting direct damage skills. While some DoTs might help raise DPS a few percentage points, the loss of survivability while casting them is not worth it with this playstyle.

stats2_zpsv2iq2x54.png

Bar 1: Single Target Punishment (Precise Maul of Crushing)
Executioner - Up to 18% extra damage on low health (under 50%) targets. This skill turns wrecking blow and critical rush into executes. I have recorded 15K critical rushes and wrecking blows over 30K thanks to this buff.

Wrecking Blow - The money skill. Spam it for constant empower buff for absolute carnage or weave it with heavy attacks for epic damage and sustain. Also a great CC when you need to get an enemy off your healer or need to set-up a critical rush for a emergency heal!

Critical Rush - Your main self-heal and gap closer to keep you on your target! When you need a heal, simply wrecking blow, dodge roll, and crit rush for an instant 10K+ heal!

Critical Surge - The skill that this build is based on. 65% of all damage (except dots) is returned in healing. Keep this up at all times for major brutality buff and constant self healing.

Bound Armaments - 8% more stamina and 11% more damage on Heavy Attacks. The more damage we do, the better our survivability, so yes please!

Flawless Dawnbreaker - Use mostly for its 8% damage boost, but also works well as an AOE ultimate.

Bar 2: AOE and Buffs (Duel Wield Precise Daggers)
Steel Tornado - Primary AOE spam. Combo with Negate and Thundering Presence to rip trash packs apart!

Flying Dagger - For when melee is not an option. Spamming this skill is almost on par (9-11K dps) with my full bow rotation (10-12K dps).

Empty Slot - See next section below!

Thundering Presence - Decent 15 second dot that gives you armor and spell resistance buffs along with a 4 sec speed boost. Some people don't like this skill, I really enjoy it as part of my rotation. Plus it can trigger the passive to disintegrate your target, awesome!

Bound Armaments - Same as above!

Absorption Field - My go to "Oh ***" ultimate. I also run Werewolf, Overload, and Atronach depending on the content!

THIRD ROUND OF THINGS: Lets Look At Flex Skills and Alternate Bow Bar

##NOTE: My Two-Handed (primary) bar always stays the same!

Bar 2: Bow Bar
Poison Injection - This is your main damage dot. It does decent damage to low health targets, and is awesome when stacked with executioner spam.

Arrow Barrage - Main dot to keep on group and stationary single targets. Pairs well with bombard when ranged dps and control s needed!

Bombard or Focused Aim - Bombard actually gives me more damage than acid spray due to CP placement. I also like the control Bombard has. If you are using bow to just add dots to boss fights run bombard to give you a viable AOE combo. If you need to range a boss (engine guardian), use Focused Aim and replace Crit Rush with Brawler on 2-handed bar.

Retreating Maneuvers - This is kind of a flex slot, however, if I am running bow, that means I need a method of maintaining range and mobility!

Bound Armaments - Same as Above.

Meteor - High DPS ranged ultimate that works well with bow. Worhorn or Atronach are other viable options!

Bar 2: Useful Skills to fill Empty Slot
Refreshing Trap The top DPS buff for a melee stam build. Gives you 14 seconds total of 12% crit damage boost. Also great in IC sewers to aid in escaping!

Vigor/Dark Deal - When you need that added self healing! Run dark deal when you need the resource management or haven't unlocked Vigor.

Caltrops - One of the best stamina dots in game.

Evil Hunter - Great DPS addition when fighting undead. Also helps with resource management.

Quick Cloak - Pairs great with Thundering Presence when you face a boss that does a lot of AOE splat damage! Also adds a nice little dot.

Rendering Slashes - An nine second dot that does some great damage. Pairs well on DW bar with Trap to add to your damage!

FOURTH STATE OF MIND: Where Do The Champion Points Go.

300 CP Distribution:

100 into Ritual (Mage): Goal is the 30 CP passive for 12% weapon crit. This set-up will cover your basics and give you a solid DPS boost!
Mighty - 72 - Increases your physical damage by 19.9%
Precise Strikes - 27 - Increases the critical damage of your physical attacks by 10%
Piercing - 1 - Increases the amount of armor your physical attacks ignore by 1%

100 into Thief: 3 to 1 spread between Warload and Mooncalf to help with sustain!
Warlord (Tower) - 25 - Reduces the stamina cost of spells and abilities by 6.9%
Mooncalf (Lover) - 75 - Increases your stamina regeneration by 20.4%

100 into Lady (Warrior): Don't waste CP, you want reach the Unchained passive, and the added damage reductions will greatly help survivability.
Elemental Defender - 40 - Reduces flame, frost, and shock damage dealt to you by 13.2%
Thick Skinned - 20 - Reduces the damage you take from damage over time effects by 7.9%
Hardy - 40 - Reduces poison, disease, and magic damage dealt to you by 13.2%

##NOTE: I also prefer the damage reduction passives because it will help decrease the need to block, something you want to do as little of as possible.

501 CP Distribution: I try to place my CP to get whole percentages. Feel free to adjust a little differently!

167 into Ritual (Mage): Goal is to boost raw physical damage as much as possible!
Mighty - 100 - Increases your physical damage by 25%
Precise Strikes - 47 - Increases the critical damage of your physical attacks by 15%
Piercing - 19 - Increases the amount of armor your physical attacks ignore by 8%

167 into Thief: You want 120 CP in the Lover to unlock Windrunning passive!
Warlord (Tower) - 47 - Reduces the stamina cost of spells and abilities by 10.1%
Mooncalf (Lover) - 100 - Increases your stamina regeneration by 25%
Arcanist (Lover) - 20 - Increases your magicka regeneration by 8%

167 into Warrior: 120 in Lover to reach the Unchained passive, and then 47 CP to Quick Recovery (Lord) to help with survivability.
Elemental Defender (Lover) - 48 - Reduces flame, frost, and shock damage dealt to you by 15%
Thick Skinned (Lover) - 24 - Reduces the damage you take from damage over time effects by 9%
Hardy (Lover) - 48 - Reduces poison, disease, and magic damage dealt to you by 15%
Quick Recovery (Lord) - 47 - Increases the effectiveness of healing received by 10.1%

FIFTH AND FINAL: Common DPS Rotations

##NOTE: For all my dps set-ups, I run v10 potions of weapon crit. These provide 10% weapon crit, 7K health and 20% health regen, and 7K stamina with 20% stamina regen for 45 sec (with medicinal use passive). These are cheap to make (dragonthorn, mountain flower, and water hyacinth) and provide the best buffs since I use crit surge for the major brutality buff.

Standard Boss DPS Rotation
1. Cast Critical Surge every 30 seconds
2. Weapon swap and cast Thundering Presence + Rearming Trap every 15 seconds
3. Fill with Wrecking Blow spam or Wrecking Blow/Heavy Attack weave
4. Use dodge rolls and Critical Rush when you need mobility or heals

Standard Trash Rotation
1. Cast Critical Surge every 30 seconds
2. Weapon swap and cast Thundering Presence + Rearming Trap every 15 seconds
3. Spam Steel Tornado with a light attack every 6 seconds
4. Use negate on large groups of heavy hitting mobs (zombies on Imp. Prison 1st boss)

My single target DPS is currently in the 18K - 22K range.

Screenshot_20151230_215841_zpsgofbmdyv.png

Screenshot_20151230_215613_zpsbyqo8rkb.png

While the rotations mentioned are very simple, what makes this build difficult is the amount of mobility and position awareness needed to be effective. You have to know what splats are ok and what ones to avoid. You also need to be fully aware of the 7 meter range of 2-handed weapons. This is the main contribution to the wide range of my dps.

Another thing to note is that cirt surge does not proc on dots. This is why I use rearming trap instead of caltrops or bow dots. I also prefer Wrecking Blow over Rapid Strikes, because Rapid Strikes is considered a dot and will not proc crit surge. Given my wrecking blows crit for 30K, I get a 20K heal every other cast (with 50% crit). This becomes greatly diminished when I try to add in dots or filler skills, and I lose a ton of survivability.

PRO ROTATIONS:::MORE TO COME!!!
%% I am very chaotic and sporadic with this build. Different circumstances require different reactions, so you just have to get comfortable to moving and staying in range and finding out what works well in each situation! The best advice I can give is to run either blade cloak or dark deal in the empty slot when first starting. This will help with survivability while you are learning the basics.
Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
Cor-Leonis
friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Whelm
    Whelm
    Soul Shriven
    I'm new here so I can't comment on the viability of this build but I am interested in the theme here.

I should also comment on the nicely detailed and informative layout. I appreciate the time you spent on this. Thanks
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    switch night's silence with nm crafted set... PM me in-game. @Tyrannitar. -> my build pulls 24k dps single target on molag. I love comparing contrasting builds with stam sorcs, as I've never even thought to put re-arming trap into my rotation
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »
    switch night's silence with nm crafted set... PM me in-game. @Tyrannitar. -> my build pulls 24k dps single target on molag. I love comparing contrasting builds with stam sorcs, as I've never even thought to put re-arming trap into my rotation

I have actually switched my gear set-up to 5 hunding/2 kena/4 leki's with 2H/Bow....

My AOE has gone down a little because I am using brawler + arrow barrage and caltrops for trash pulls, but it has upped my survivability and sustain for long trash pulls like in vMoL.

With the ability to proc kena with wrecking blow light attack weave, I have swapped to a simpler rotation that lets me focus more on a WB + LA spam.

1. Crit surge and Caltrops ever 30 sec
    2. arrow barrage, boundless storm, and rearming trap every 15 sec
    3. wrecking blow + LA weave spam to fill
    4. poison injection + executioner at 30%

Been working pretty well doing 2 rotations of kena proc then recasting my dots and buffs, then repeat. With wrecking blow hitting around 30K+ with kena proc and trap, the build has been pulling 22-26K on manti!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    Yo! One suggestion there, didn't realize you had access to monster sets! lol
    5 hundings, 2 kena, 3 agility, w/ maelstrom weaps

also, there's a way to time 2h full heavy attack weaves in the same amount of time as a LA-> wb weave

As soon as you charge up wb, start holding down your heavy attack charge, and let it go by the time your next wb can go they both land at almost the same time.
    Edited by Tyrannitar on May 5, 2016 4:36AM
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »
    Yo! One suggestion there, didn't realize you had access to monster sets! lol
    5 hundings, 1 kena, 3 agility, w/ maelstrom weaps

also, there's a way to time 2h full heavy attack weaves in the same amount of time as a LA-> wb weave

As soon as you charge up wb, start holding down your heavy attack charge, and let it go by the time your next wb can go they both land at almost the same time.

I only mention the heavy attack thing as it helps with stam regen
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016