The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP toggle on/off please.

RocDonald
RocDonald
✭✭✭
So, my first time in Imperial City today (solo that is). It's actually pretty good, lots of action, interesting story line but unfortunately not much for pvp. I don't understand why the whole game doesn't just have a pvp on/off toggle. It just feels like I'm missing out on a lot of good content. I'm sure the hardcore pvp'ers wouldn't mind being able to gank newbs while leveling up as well, and it could possibly help guys like me get a little better at pvp as well if I felt so inclined. Just a thought.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't the only one that is unhappy with the PvE/PvP mix in IC. It is intended as a PvP zone and is unlikely to change or get a toggle.

OTOH, in Dark Brotherhood they are adding PvP elements. If you want to do the quests with a lower chance of encountering enemy players, you may want to get that done this month.
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    You aren't the only one that is unhappy with the PvE/PvP mix in IC. It is intended as a PvP zone and is unlikely to change or get a toggle.

OTOH, in Dark Brotherhood they are adding PvP elements. If you want to do the quests with a lower chance of encountering enemy players, you may want to get that done this month.
    Oh no! Well that sucks, for me anyways. I don't really know how they implement dlc's for this game but another Wrothgar size dlc (pve oriented) would be nice. TG was quite the disappointment. Can't say I'll be sticking around if they continue the whole pve/pvp mash-up.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off I I really do understand what you area asking for , and personally it would not interfere with my enjoyment as a PvP player . However , a great divide sets PvE players and PvP players apart here and every where in MMOs . The bias is over a decade old . PvE players have refused allowing PvP players to intermingled in their play style and vice Versa . This is a shame as the extremists on bothe ends have made things as such . Grievers in PvP and intolerable PvE players in PvE fearful of allowing any chance of their immersion being interrupted .

I truly wish there was a way to extend olive branches and find common ground and acceptance for both in Our wonderful world of Tamriel . I'm afraid too much damage has made this impossible and the PvP players just won't budge because when they've asked for toggles in PvE zones , PvE extremists refused to budge . Now we have this class divide .

I will help any PvE player that needs escourt assistance in Imperial city , that's all I can offer , and that offer is only good for Daggerfall members as I don't play other alliances . Maybe some Ebon and Dominion players could state if they don't have the bias and are willing to help too .

I'm not disagreeing with your request , it's valid , I just don't think you will find it very common among the PvP community at large . Still I wish you luck with your proposal !
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on May 5, 2016 12:47AM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be better to just separate the players into two different servers, pvp and pve

But since there is no pvp in pve zones in this game, lets think of something else

how about a PVE only Campaign of Cyrodiil, just one

It removes all chances at getting pvp currency in exchange for zero pvp

This way all pve'ers will play there with zero threat of being ganked, and pvp'ers can stop whining about pve'ers ruining the population count

Roleplayers will be happy to, their cyrodiil events that dont involve dueling will go undisturbed

really that will make a good portion of the playerbase happy